JUST Called...CS told me everyone has own card-seperated credits??

kimberlyp02 said:
That's awesome to know! Thanks! Now, if only they will keep that up until Sept. I bet they'll be changing it soon though with so many on the dining plan, you know? Thanks for the update.

I doubt it, there have been these types of reports("CM said this") since the ddp started over a year and a half ago.

The only real indicator is trip reports and to this date the majority state that credits are pooled and accesible with any card. Can disney change their policy? SURE but I will believe it when I see it, not when a CM says it.

We have 2 adults, a seventeen year old, a 6 year old and a 4 year old. So will ours say 3 adults 2 kids since the 17 year old gets the adult menu?

to use my kids TS credits towards JIKO's which is 2 TS credits per person?

My husband and i are planning on eating at JIKO's while the kids are in the kids club - so can we just hand them our key?

thanx

lisa

Anewman said:
I doubt it, there have been these types of reports("CM said this") since the ddp started over a year and a half ago.

The only real indicator is trip reports and to this date the majority state that credits are pooled and accesible with any card. Can disney change their policy? SURE but I will believe it when I see it, not when a CM says it.

I was talking with a friend who is planning a trip for September. She had read on here that the credits were separate now, etc. She sort of panicked because she'd planned to have her 3 little ones occasionally share breakfast at the hotel food court.

I think a lot of people think they know how Disney should do it so they speculate that things have changed but they haven't really. I was happy to see on this thread that someone who just left this week had pooled credits. I found it worked very well for our family and our biggest "cost" on the plan involved table service meals on which we spent the correct A/C credits- no paying OOP or banking or anything and 5/7 were buffets or fixed price. Until I see it officially from Disney, I'll believe that most of the speculation is just that.

lisaross said:
to use my kids TS credits towards JIKO's which is 2 TS credits per person?

My husband and i are planning on eating at JIKO's while the kids are in the kids club - so can we just hand them our key?

thanx

lisa

You will most certainly be able to do that. Your credits are pooled. There is no difference between A and C credits on the ddp right now.

disneymarathoner07 said:
We have 2 adults, a seventeen year old, a 6 year old and a 4 year old. So will ours say 3 adults 2 kids since the 17 year old gets the adult menu?

Yes it will.

My first post. Been looking for a few days, but I couldn't join from home for some reason I joined today at work. I have a question. I am taking my daughter (age 5, almost 6). We have the disney dining package. I have already made the following reservations for our trip. My question is at how many of these could we share a meal and then I could maybe use the left over credit for a breakfast?

Wed. Chef Mickeys
Thurs. Coral Reef Restaurant
Fri. Princess Storybook Dining
Saturday: Aloha Dining Show (I know this one takes 2 credits, and my understanding is we couldn't share this one. We'd both have to use 2?)
Sun. Planet Hollywood

Also, are these good choices for getting the most out of our credits? Should we pay for any of these or would you recommend any over these?

This is my first trip since I was very young so I might as well say this will be my first time and I'm a little nervous with it just being the two of us.

disneymarathoner07 said:

Yes it will say. "3A 2C"

They had an extra junior added on ours and it said 3A 1C, which was not correct, but they didn't change the card. As a result they never question what my son ordered.

We were there June 13-20. We all got cards with our names on them (2 adults, 2 kids). All credits were pooled. We shared meals and paid for some OOP. After using our card we got a receipt showing the number of TS, CS, or Snacks we had left. There was no seperation of adult and child credits.

ksloane said:
My first post. Been looking for a few days, but I couldn't join from home for some reason I joined today at work. I have a question. I am taking my daughter (age 5, almost 6). We have the disney dining package. I have already made the following reservations for our trip. My question is at how many of these could we share a meal and then I could maybe use the left over credit for a breakfast?

Wed. Chef Mickeys
Thurs. Coral Reef Restaurant
Fri. Princess Storybook Dining
Saturday: Aloha Dining Show (I know this one takes 2 credits, and my understanding is we couldn't share this one. We'd both have to use 2?)
Sun. Planet Hollywood

Also, are these good choices for getting the most out of our credits? Should we pay for any of these or would you recommend any over these?

This is my first trip since I was very young so I might as well say this will be my first time and I'm a little nervous with it just being the two of us.

Chef Mickeys is a buffet.. no sharing
Coral Reef .. regular table service.. you may share
Princess StoryBook.. I believe is Akershus (Epcot) That is also a buffet.. no sharing
Aloha Dining.. 2 TS credits each.. no sharing
Planet HollyWood.. I believe they'd allow you to share, it's regular table service.

You have a nice selection, except for Planet Hollywood. For your DD5 (almost 6) I think she'd like the character thing more.
Have you thought of Crystal Palace? It's a buffet, no sharing.. but it's really nice and it has the Pooh Characters. One of my DD's faves.
1900 Park Fare is really nice if your DD likes the princesses.. a buffet no sharing
And Whispering Canyon is silly fun and is family style OR you can order from the menu so then you can share.
Sci Fi Dine-In is fun for kids.. you can share, and you get to sit in a car to eat and watch corny old sci fi movies.

I stared taking my DD about the same age.. It's just me and her and it's wonderful! (she's 9 now and we've been there 3 times (12 days, 8 days & 16 days) and going back in 9 days, 7 hours (for 17 days!)..lol.. not that I'm counting.
Remember to RELAX.. take it slow. Much better to enjoy what you do get to see rather than get stressed and tired (and DD cranky) trying to see EVERYTHING! We've been there a total of 36 days and haven't seen everything..lol.

Hope this helps..Have fun!

Let me get this right... are you all saying that in a non-buffet, non-Fantasmic meal, we can share entrees and save credits for another restaurant?

For instance, there are 2 adults and 2 kids in our party. We have ressies at Marrakesh, Liberty Tavern, Sci-Fi, Biegarten, all non-buffet meals I believe. So we can just split two adult plates between the four of us in all these restaurants and use the leftover credits for other restaurants because they don't specify whether they are adult or child credits?

I need to know so I can determine whether to make additional ADRs.

Let's say my husband and I share an entree at Liberty Tavern (1TC instead of 2TC between the two of us). Then the next day , we share an entree again at Marrakesh. That frees up 2 TCs that we can use for an additional ADR! Is this true?

anneofgreengables said:
Let me get this right... So we can just split two adult plates between the four of us in all these restaurants and use the leftover credits for other restaurants because they don't specify whether they are adult or child credits?

It's my understanding this is the way it is and has been but could change at any time. I'm thinking by free dining time, adult vs child credits will be seperate. I'd go in hoping for one thing but ready for the distinction in credits so as not to be disappointed. With all the snacking going on, as long as they still allow sharing, you might be able to have the kids split their TS credit (from the kid menu) and adults split their TS credit as a way to stretch out the credits but adhere to the adult/child distinction. It is a lot of food on the DDP. I'm not as worried about them taking away the pooling of credits as I am about having long waits for restaurants when we aren't even that hungry.... snacking so often. The DDP has me taking the kids to restaurants more than they may like and counterservice lines may be longer too.

Here is a quick question. We are heading to WDW in September, and will be using the DDP. One of my kids are under 3, so she is technically FREE. Has anyone had any experience at any of the restaurants with kids under 3? I was told by a CM that my child could share off an adult plate at a regular table service restaurant, and could eat off any buffet.

Any info on this would be appreciated.

Thanks! :cool1:

Under 3 is free at buffetts/family style/all you can eat. Otherwise if you order anything for the child you pay for it. They can share off you plate/glass wherever though.

Thanks for confirming that for me. I tried to reserve all buffet and family style meals for the week based on that. The only time I may have to pay OOP will be at the Cinderella meal. :cool1:

LizinSTL said:
Yes it will.

My "kids" are 15 and 17..and let's not forget the 25 year old and possibly grandma will be coming..so our cards will read 6 "adult"..because the 15 year old and 17 year old are adult meals?

Also...if you are arriving on Saturday and departing on the following Saturday..just how many meals..be they counter service or table service you you get. Does it go by the check in and check out times?..We will be arriving early as we land in Orlando at 9:30 in the morning. When time does the dining plan take effect? Say your rooms are not ready until 3:00..and you are at a park..?

auntie said:
My "kids" are 15 and 17..and let's not forget the 25 year old and possibly grandma will be coming..so our cards will read 6 "adult"..because the 15 year old and 17 year old are adult meals?

Also...if you are arriving on Saturday and departing on the following Saturday..just how many meals..be they counter service or table service you you get. Does it go by the check in and check out times?..We will be arriving early as we land in Orlando at 9:30 in the morning. When time does the dining plan take effect? Say your rooms are not ready until 3:00..and you are at a park..?

You receive 1 TS, 1 CS & 1 snack credit for EACH member of your party (except under 3) for each NIGHT of your stay.

So with your 6 adults for 7 nights you would have 42 TS, 42 CS & 42 snack credits for your stay. It is the total put on your card your first day of check in, and must be used by midnight of your check out day. You can use them in any way you want... If you wanted to have 3 TS meals for the first 2 days you can.. then you would have a total of 6 TS credits left for the rest of your stay.

Any unused credits are forfeited so be sure to use them all up.

how does disney "know" the age of someone? like how will they know my child is under/over 3 or my other child is under/over 9?

what about a kid with multiple, multiple food allergies who cannot possibly participate in the dining plan? even with the disney chef's trying to help, it would really be impossible and super scary to let someone else prepare a meal for this child.

anyone know of any exceptions made to the dining plan rule of everyone or noone?

They dont KNOW unless you tell them however it is within their right to ask you to prove it if they think they look older than the ticket you are using or too young to order adult meal on dining plan. I have heard of people with a very large two year old or whatever taking a birth certificate with them. I have also heard on these of people being questioned...well actually the child being questioned about their age trying to trip up the child who has been coached to lie. But what I dont know is what they will do if they question your 2 year old to see if he is really 2 and you insist he is and they think he isnt and you dont have proof. Taking the birth certificate (copy) seems a good idea if you think your child's age might be disputed just to save you the hassle if you are questioned. I dont know about any exceptions for allergies....I wonder if that is something that could be worked out with a dr's note and a talk with management. However the dining plan just isnt feasable for all patrons if it was at those prices it wouldnt exist.

cathicool said:
how does disney "know" the age of someone? like how will they know my child is under/over 3 or my other child is under/over 9?

what about a kid with multiple, multiple food allergies who cannot possibly participate in the dining plan? even with the disney chef's trying to help, it would really be impossible and super scary to let someone else prepare a meal for this child.

anyone know of any exceptions made to the dining plan rule of everyone or noone?

We have always been asked the ages of each person in our group when booking.

I know of no exceptions to the rule everyone must be on the plan if over the age of 3.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter