kevin's bag

I just ordered the new style from shoebuy.com using the 20% off code of MADNESS08. They have free shipping so I only paid $43.96 total for it.

I have the Baggalini Messenger which drives me crazy on trips-hopefully this one will work out better!

Thanks for the tip!

Would this bag hold 3-4 diapers, wipes and a medium sized camera? I am looking for a smaller bag to take on our next trip in May and Kevin's bag looks to be the perfect size. I tried to look at other pictures on the internet but it's difficult to judge how much it will actually hold. Thanks.

I'm sure the Overland Donner would be a perfect size for what you're carrying (provided the new style is the same size as the old one).

Would this bag hold 3-4 diapers, wipes and a medium sized camera? I am looking for a smaller bag to take on our next trip in May and Kevin's bag looks to be the perfect size. I tried to look at other pictures on the internet but it's difficult to judge how much it will actually hold. Thanks.

I got mine today after ordering it last night. I have in it, just to check on the space, my Canon S3, the small wallet I always take, sunglasses, cell phone and Blackberry. There is plenty of room. Yes, it could very easily hold diapers, wipes and a camera. This bag is a station wagon!

If you order it on shoebuy.com and use the promotional code MADNESS08 it's only $39.56 and they have free shipping! I love shoebuy.com! You can always find a promo code!:thumbsup2

We're doing an Alaska tour this summer and I got it so I'd have something to hold the camera, tour books, water bottles, etc.

coastlineadventures.com has the bag in plain black with no grey strap

Thanks for the heads up on this. I have ordered a "back up" just in case.

One of the really great things about this bag is it's length. I'm really tall and like something I can wear across my body.

The old style has a 29" drop, meaning that there is 29" from the top of the strap to the top of the bag when the strap is full extended. The new style has a 24 inch drop.

The water bottle holders on the sides are really great too. Perfect for an umbrella, glass case, rolled magazine etc in addition to water bottles.

With all the stuff that you need in any given day....I'm not sure how anyone gets away without a bag / backpack / briefcase....something.

This one just works really well for me.

Thanks again for pointing me towards this site. I'm happy to have found the old style.

Kevin

Thanks for the heads up on this. I have ordered a "back up" just in case.

One of the really great things about this bag is it's length. I'm really tall and like something I can wear across my body.

The old style has a 29" drop, meaning that there is 29" from the top of the strap to the top of the bag when the strap is full extended. The new style has a 24 inch drop.

The water bottle holders on the sides are really great too. Perfect for an umbrella, glass case, rolled magazine etc in addition to water bottles.

With all the stuff that you need in any given day....I'm not sure how anyone gets away without a bag / backpack / briefcase....something.

This one just works really well for me.

Thanks again for pointing me towards this site. I'm happy to have found the old style.

Kevin

no problem I should thank you for mentioning the bag!!!! so I will

THANK YOU

Everytime I see this thread....my first answer is "John" :confused3

But I have to say John is my first answer then Overland Donner...anyway

Thanks for the info on the length. I like my bag straps long so that is a good tip to order the other one! :love:

It will hold more than that.
But is is very light and not bulky.
I'm actually not a fan of bags. In the past, I would do *anything* to avoid bringing a bag or anything else I had to carry on my person into a theme park.
I bought the Donner after hearing what Kevin had to say and thinking it would be a great bag for shore excursions and to tote at Castaway Cay on DCL. I did buy it and was more than happy with it.
So happy, in fact, that I- the avowed bagless- actually brought it to WDW last month..(big gasp)
And it was great.:thumbsup2

In fact I plan to use mine a mini diaper bag when I have my baby....it will perfectly fit a few diapers, a travel wipes pack, a small pad, a change of clothes and a bottle or two, with room left over for baby toys and my stuff too! And having man-bag styling;) DH will not be embarrassed to carry it around (probably...:laughing: )
Best feature at the park, IMO: the pocket in the back....perfect for the park map and fast passes!

Everytime I see this thread....my first answer is "John" :confused3
John is your answer to "Kevin's bag"? -- Wow - not looking to win a podcast cruise, I see? :eek: I don't know that John would like to be referred to as Kevin's bag..... just a hunch, I could be wrong. :rolleyes:

Kevin
Can't stand carrying a bag. Love a travel vest, or cargo pants. Yeah, one of the many reasons my children refer to me as their "butch" mommy...I do have a tendency to dress a little masculine.

I bought this bag based on the podcast...and LOVE LOVE LOVE it.

We are now out of the diaper bag stage. And while I am thrilled to be out of diaperville, the nice thing was that you had to bring a big bag and you had a stroller to carry the bag, so I never had to worry about what to bring in the parks with me or what to carry, etc.

So, it was time for me to find the next thing to drag with us to the parks....

I got this bag and it is so perfect for park touring. I highly recommend it. I use it anytime we are all going somewhere for the day (not just park touring). You can still find the old models around if your search...I paid only $29.95 for mine brand new, so the deals are out there if you look. Good luck!

It will hold more than that.
But is is very light and not bulky.
I'm actually not a fan of bags. In the past, I would do *anything* to avoid bringing a bag or anything else I had to carry on my person into a theme park.
I bought the Donner after hearing what Kevin had to say and thinking it would be a great bag for shore excursions and to tote at Castaway Cay on DCL. I did buy it and was more than happy with it.
So happy, in fact, that I- the avowed bagless- actually brought it to WDW last month..(big gasp)
And it was great.:thumbsup2

In fact I plan to use mine a mini diaper bag when I have my baby....it will perfectly fit a few diapers, a travel wipes pack, a small pad, a change of clothes and a bottle or two, with room left over for baby toys and my stuff too! And having man-bag styling;) DH will not be embarrassed to carry it around (probably...:laughing: )
Best feature at the park, IMO: the pocket in the back....perfect for the park map and fast passes!

Thank you!!

I got this bag and it is so perfect for park touring. I highly recommend it. I use it anytime we are all going somewhere for the day (not just park touring). You can still find the old models around if your search...I paid only $29.95 for mine brand new, so the deals are out there if you look. Good luck!
Okay, you've driven me crazy. I've searched and searched for your deal but can't seem to find it. I don't want to miss out on the old style so can you give up where you got yours from? It looks like some of the places sold their old stock and are already out - if so, I'll just buy mine from coastlineadventures. I don't mind paying full price - I just hate paying full price when I know there is a deal out there :cutie: (I didn't even know I NEEDED the bag before anyway but now I am seaching every day for it - who knew?)

John is your answer to "Kevin's bag"? -- Wow - not looking to win a podcast cruise, I see? :eek: I don't know that John would like to be referred to as Kevin's bag..... just a hunch, I could be wrong. :rolleyes:

:lovestruc John still loves me! I was not calling John a bag - just my first thought was.

Okay, you've driven me crazy. I've searched and searched for your deal but can't seem to find it. I don't want to miss out on the old style so can you give up where you got yours from? It looks like some of the places sold their old stock and are already out - if so, I'll just buy mine from coastlineadventures. I don't mind paying full price - I just hate paying full price when I know there is a deal out there :cutie: (I didn't even know I NEEDED the bag before anyway but now I am seaching every day for it - who knew?)

Coastlineadventures sent an email stating that my order had been canceled. They are sold out.

I called Overland Equipment and they are telling me that they will revert to a darker color strap and no off color trim in July.

Zappos.com had some the other day.

Coastlineadventures sent an email stating that my order had been canceled. They are sold out.

I called Overland Equipment and they are telling me that they will revert to a darker color strap and no off color trim in July.

Zappos.com had some the other day.

Ok...I realize it's a bit narcissstic to quote yourself....but I have to share something.

I was checking my email yesterday on my iphone during the taping of the show. Julie was recording her store tour and it's not a segment that allows for a lot of input or feedback...so I was multitasking.

I received the email from coastlineadventures regarding my order being canceled.

When we got home from the recording session and a trip to the grocery store....it was 8:00pm.

I went to the internet and found that Zappos.com had the older style bag I like, so I ordered a back up. I placed the order at 8:20pm. I received a confirmation email at 8:21pm. The total cost was $58 with free shipping.

I received an email this morning that Zappos had upgraded my free shipping from 4-5 ground to a faster delivery time.

UPS knocked on our door at 1:15 pm this afternoon. The delivery time was 17 hours.

I find this hard to believe and to say that I impressed is an understatement.

I also received a notice in my package that said that if I am unhappy "for any reason" that I am eligible for a full refund for 365 days from the point of purchase.

Again....I am very impressed.

Kevin

Ok...I realize it's a bit narcissstic to quote yourself....but I have to share something.

I was checking my email yesterday on my iphone during the taping of the show. Julie was recording her store tour and it's not a segment that allows for a lot of input or feedback...so I was multitasking.

I received the email from coastlineadventures regarding my order being canceled.

When we got home from the recording session and a trip to the grocery store....it was 8:00pm.

I went to the internet and found that Zappos.com had the older style bag I like, so I ordered a back up. I placed the order at 8:20pm. I received a confirmation email at 8:21pm. The total cost was $58 with free shipping.

I received an email this morning that Zappos had upgraded my free shipping from 4-5 ground to a faster delivery time.

UPS knocked on our door at 1:15 pm this afternoon. The delivery time was 17 hours.

I also received a notice in my package that said that if I am unhappy "for any reason" that I am eligible for a full refund for 365 days from the point of purchase.

Kevin

Kevin - you just described my experience with Zappos last week. This was my first with using Zappos. I was stunned by how fast the bag arrived. I truly was not expecting it to arrive till sometime this week. It was delivered to my front door at 3PM the next day, 19 hours from the time I ordered it.

Zappo's is consistently that way. I've tried other shoe/bag online sites, and even when I can get a better deal elsewhere, I always go back to zappo's. Best delivery speed, best product, best return policy. I think they even have a lowest price guarantee now, don't they?

Kevin

I finally got to order mine and the same thing happened for me!!! thankfully I read this before I ordered it:cool1:

Just bumping this up for anyone who still wants one of last year's models with the black strap

www.sierratradingpost.com has them right now for $27.15 in 7 colors. Also, if you use code AC38YY you'll get an additional 15% off

Happy shopping!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter