Late fall 2021 discounts?

I was trying to book a maybe weekend. Lots of dates showed up. Then I logged in and no rooms available. What???

So,I picked a resort and looked at it and turned off the AP button and rooms showed back up.View attachment 611067
Yeah, I see that too - I am currently booked at the VGF, but if I can get an AP discount at BLT I would move there - and there is nothing avaiable under the AP discount for the dates I was looking, but when I change to NO discount, then some rooms pop up..

hmm...

maybe there's a discount coming?? 🤞

I got this discount to work when I used the dates in the offer. Outside those dates is doesn't activate

We will be paying off our trip for Xmas shortly. Same boat, have never not had a discount of some sort, and have never paid such a high price for a value resort. Oh, well... This will be our last trip for a LONG time! Literally cannot afford it anymore.

Same for us. I kind of wish I could just cancel but with the group we are going with we can’t do that. It’s not the most magical trip this time. I’m going to make the best of it but I hate money that I normally get to spend on fun stuff is stuck in the room cost.

but I hate money that I normally get to spend on fun stuff is stuck in the room cost.

This...exactly. Also we will have the Genie+ working when we're there so it may be a good or bad thing but it's definitely a $15 per person/per day thing - ugh! I'm booking zero sit-down dining this trip - we will do QS. We are also going for a special occasion for a friend - long planned trip - otherwise I wouldn't go at these rates.

On an unrelated note I am noticing more and more hotels pop up with availability for my dates in early December when for a long time there were none - or maybe one here and there. They are all full price but I actually saw the Poly standard room available today which I rarely see (at $700+ a night!).

Same for us. I kind of wish I could just cancel but with the group we are going with we can’t do that. It’s not the most magical trip this time. I’m going to make the best of it but I hate money that I normally get to spend on fun stuff is stuck in the room cost.

I am torn on my trip as well because I could cancel and reschedule, I just would like to go in November! I knew this would be a huge splurge trip for me anyway (after a very difficult 2 years), but it just seems ridiculous to pay full price. It would be a splurge with the room discount! I already cut it back 7 nights to 5 and am thinking of just cutting it to 2! I can change my SW flight easy enough and I was thinking about flying in around 2:00 p.m and going to the Christmas party where I should be able to get most of my MK checklist in, then spend the next full day at Epcot and F&W, then the last day do DHS at rope drop and with the $ I save cutting down my trip I'll test out LL and the ride add on (forget what it's called already LOL) and then catch a 6:00 flight home. I'll miss some of my fav restaurants, AK, some downtime at the pool, and another day at MK but the cost will be so much less and I'll still get to be there for my birthday, the Christmas party, F&W, and try Remy, MMRR, and RoTR! Maybe even the S220 Lounge and that SH71 burger!

I also thought of changing my trip to January and hope for a discount then, but I have a senior dog that has cancer and is doing really well now and my mom can watch him, but in January he might not be doing as good and I wouldn't leave him. So...I think I may end up just cutting the trip way down!

Disney could have made this a lot easier for all of us by just giving some sort of special offer after the first week of October until Christmas! 😆

I don’t think it would hurt as bad if it was rebooked from our canceled trip because of covid we had free dining and everything was set. This trip is way more with way less. But we are going with extended family and it’s really the last trip before college starts and it will be so hard to plan with them then.

A little over 4 hours later we’ve took one day and one ticket off. We also canceled a couple of ADR’s. It’s the best plan I can come up with. After this trip I think it will be time for a break from the parks for a little bit. Maybe I’ll forget some of the craziness and be ready to come back 😂. I know we will have a good time I just don’t like the feeling I have right now. This has been the least fun trip to plan.

A little over 4 hours later we’ve took one day and one ticket off. We also canceled a couple of ADR’s. It’s the best plan I can come up with. After this trip I think it will be time for a break from the parks for a little bit. Maybe I’ll forget some of the craziness and be ready to come back 😂. I know we will have a good time I just don’t like the feeling I have right now. This has been the least fun trip to plan.
Totally agree. Stressful!

I need to call to change our Magic Express to one way,but I dread it because it takes so long! Last time I called I put my phone on speaker, mopped, did dishes, and put laundry away. By then I had to put my phone on the charger, made myself lunch and watched some tv before someone answered.

I need to call to change our Magic Express to one way,but I dread it because it takes so long! Last time I called I put my phone on speaker, mopped, did dishes, and put laundry away. By then I had to put my phone on the charger, made myself lunch and watched some tv before someone answered.
Are you calling Disney Central Reservations or directly to the Magical Express at (866) 599-0951?

Andddd still patiently waiting for them to turn on that discount switch. Has to be within the next 2 weeks unless they have a change of heart…
Is there a rumor that there is a discount for the public or only AP?
going in two weeks and STILL holding strong for that discount. Never ever ever have I payed full price. I thought for sure they’d have a nice discount for the first two months of the 50th. Even maybe 50% off dining. Not necessarily a dining plan but if you stay at a resort, all of the food you swipe to pay discounts at 50%. Something!

Is there a rumor that there is a discount for the public or only AP?
going in two weeks and STILL holding strong for that discount. Never ever ever have I payed full price. I thought for sure they’d have a nice discount for the first two months of the 50th. Even maybe 50% off dining. Not necessarily a dining plan but if you stay at a resort, all of the food you swipe to pay discounts at 50%. Something!

This would be an AP discount. I haven’t heard anything publicly about either, but when modifying the current AP (Dec 12-24), you can see the system shows dates work starting Oct 24 with very similar, but different resort availability. Of course it hasn’t been “turned on” and still shows nothing is available, but it is searchable. Fingers crossed Bc I’m sure most of us never imagined paying rack prices (I certainly won’t be again).

All discounts are always "searchable" when released, but return no availability if the conditions of the offer aren't met (dates or resorts not included)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter