Let’s Talk Mask Designs and Styles!

Thank you for the update. I was hoping people would report back this weekend, which is going to be a real test of mask comfort and wearability.

Update on the Uniqlo and Vera Bradley masks:
Spent the afternoon by the beach today. The weather was in the 90-100's, with some breeze. It was very hot -- so a good test for masks. DH wore the Uniqlo mask and I wore the Vera Bradley. DH's review: Uniqlo mask is very comfortable, easy to wear, lightweight. He would like a nose wire, so I'll attach some myself. Basically, two thumbs up (especially once the nose wire goes in). My mask was very comfortable, lightweight, and was easy to breathe in, even with a filter in the pocket. (Uniqlo masks have the filter built in.) The mask was a bit large for my face, so I adjusted it with the 60-second hack, which helped a lot. Both masks worked quite well in the blazing heat. but we did have mask breaks, too.
Thanks for the update, @theluckyrabbit. May I ask what size Uniqlo mask your husband was wearing? A Medium seems to be the suggested size for adult women, with L for men, but of course it's so subjective.

Thanks for the update, @theluckyrabbit. May I ask what size Uniqlo mask your husband was wearing? A Medium seems to be the suggested size for adult women, with L for men, but of course it's so subjective.
I ordered DH the L which he says fit fine. It was a little bit loose, but a nose wire and washing should take care of that. And he has ear savers (the silicon button kind that you wear behind your head) which can tighten the fit, too. I have the M masks, but haven't put them to the test yet. Coming up this week!

Buy different styles and shapes of masks and find one that fits your face well and you feel comfortable in. I completely agree that it is something new and you almost have to build up your tolerance. I find myself driving in the car now with my mask still on because I FORGOT it was on! I bought a new style at Costco recently that has quickly become my favorite mask to wear because it fits me so well I don’t need to constantly adjust it and it’s comfortable.
My friends spent a week at WDW in July with masks required and they had a wonderful time and felt very safe. She said she wishes they had stayed longer. For me personally, I’m not comfortable flying or going to a theme park yet but I think if you do end up going it’ll be a very memorable trip, one that you’re all likely to remember, especially if it’s your kids first trip. It’ll also make their second trip special as it’ll be a different experience without masks!
Do you have an item number or pic of the new style mask?

Do you have an item number or pic of the new style mask?
@Geemo this is what I got at Costco:
32 Degrees Adult Unisex Face Cover, 8-pack
Item 1462223
These fit me great but are too small for my husband. They have a kids version which fit my 10 yo daughter good too.

@Geemo this is what I got at Costco:
32 Degrees Adult Unisex Face Cover, 8-pack
Item 1462223
These fit me great but are too small for my husband. They have a kids version which fit my 10 yo daughter good too.

What size did you get for adult? I looked at those yesterday it couldn't decide in a size for me.

What size did you get for adult? I looked at those yesterday it couldn't decide in a size for me.
I bought an 8-pack online, but they now have 4-packs available in-store at my Costco also (right near the front door). The ones in-store are labeled as "Unisex One Size" for adults and a separate size for kids. They are made of a swimsuit-type fabric that gives them a lot of stretch and makes them quite breathable. The "Regular" size listed online fits me well (I'm a woman that wears size large in the Disney masks), but it seems like it would have a little bit of give for a larger face as well.

Any reviews on how the masks with filters are working with the smoke/poor air quality from the recent wildfires? The air outside today was orange-brown... gross!

Any reviews on how the masks with filters are working with the smoke/poor air quality from the recent wildfires? The air outside today was orange-brown... gross!
I’m home in Las Vegas this week where the sky was an orange color from the smoke 🤢 I actually had a hard time breathing in the disposable mask. Same as my mom. Like as soon as I got outside to the parking lot I was taking the mask off to take a deep breath. Normally I can wait to get into the car. Today I couldn’t. We are thinking it’s just because the air itself just isn’t breathable. We went to the grocery store and stayed in the house the rest of the day.

I’m home in Las Vegas this week where the sky was an orange color from the smoke 🤢 I actually had a hard time breathing in the disposable mask. Same as my mom. Like as soon as I got outside to the parking lot I was taking the mask off to take a deep breath. Normally I can wait to get into the car. Today I couldn’t. We are thinking it’s just because the air itself just isn’t breathable. We went to the grocery store and stayed in the house the rest of the day.
I'm having some difficulty breathing inside the house from all the junk in the air, so choosing the right mask to wear outside is becoming a serious issue! (Enjoy your time with your parents! <DISwaving to Mr. & Mrs. Star!>)

Thank you for the update. I was hoping people would report back this weekend, which is going to be a real test of mask comfort and wearability.

Update on the Uniqlo and Vera Bradley masks:
Spent the afternoon by the beach today. The weather was in the 90-100's, with some breeze. It was very hot -- so a good test for masks. DH wore the Uniqlo mask and I wore the Vera Bradley. DH's review: Uniqlo mask is very comfortable, easy to wear, lightweight. He would like a nose wire, so I'll attach some myself. Basically, two thumbs up (especially once the nose wire goes in). My mask was very comfortable, lightweight, and was easy to breathe in, even with a filter in the pocket. (Uniqlo masks have the filter built in.) The mask was a bit large for my face, so I adjusted it with the 60-second hack, which helped a lot. Both masks worked quite well in the blazing heat. but we did have mask breaks, too.
Review of my Uniqlo mask: Mine is size M and fits a little loosely, similar in fit to the Disney size L. The "60 Second Hack" tightened the fit, plus my ear savers helped, so overall the mask was a good fit. I like the lightweight feel and the good filtering. We were by the coast for most of our time outside, but you could still see a lot of smoke high up (looked like cloud cover, but it was smoke). There was a lot of ash on the ground by our house, so I knew I would be needing a good filtering mask today. The Uniqlo mask worked well, once the fit was adjusted.

Yesterday on the news, they did a mini segment on masks that are good for smoky air. They said that the n95 masks are the best to filter out smoke. They emphasized that disposable masks, cloth masks, and scarves don’t do anything for smoke protection so minimize time outside.

Yesterday on the news, they did a mini segment on masks that are good for smoky air. They said that the n95 masks are the best to filter out smoke. They emphasized that disposable masks, cloth masks, and scarves don’t do anything for smoke protection so minimize time outside.
Agree that the no-filter cloth and disposable paper masks don't help in all this smoke! The Uniqlo mask has a non-medical grade filter (99%), so it was helpful yesterday. I should have kept wearing it once we got home. All the trouble started for me when I took my mask off!

I just received 200 disposable masks that I purchased from armbrustusa.com. They seem fine and the best part is they are made in Texas. I paid $119 for 200 masks. Shipping was free and I received them on the third day after I ordered. I have plenty of cotton masks but it's nice to have these on hand just in case.

I just received 200 disposable masks that I purchased from armbrustusa.com. They seem fine and the best part is they are made in Texas. I paid $119 for 200 masks. Shipping was free and I received them on the third day after I ordered. I have plenty of cotton masks but it's nice to have these on hand just in case.
I keep some disposable ones in my car just in case I forget. Has come in handy many times.

I keep some disposable ones in my car just in case I forget. Has come in handy many times.

Same here! I mostly use cloth masks, but have about 150 disposable masks on hand. And I keep a small box inthe car for just in case I forget. And I have forgotten a few times to grab a cloth one so always handy to have a cloth in the car just in case.

kristin

I felt very prepared when I purchased 10 disposable ones and threw a few in each car. 😂

We have lots of cloth ones and don’t really go many places where we use them, though...

Has anyone done workouts with masks? If so, which ones worked well? I've gone to a spin class, but they gave us shields, so I wore that instead of the mask. My barre studio is opening for outdoor classes, so I want to be prepared just in case we need masks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter