Let's Have a Kiki With Benedict Cumberbatch & Mickey! **Update 11/02 x4**

Looking forward to more of your report!
I am a Sherlock fan! (Also, Doctor Who! Love BBC).
I think I need to start planning a solo trip. I love doing only what I want to do at Disney World. :lovestruc

Again, I'm sorry for falling behind.

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: you've arrived and great picture of the arch.

I'm glad you were meeting up with Disney friends right away. And how fun that you saw Aurora and Snow White as you were at the front of the park.

Thank you!

You're allowed to fall behind (as I so often do!) :).

Looking forward to more of your report!
I am a Sherlock fan! (Also, Doctor Who! Love BBC).
I think I need to start planning a solo trip. I love doing only what I want to do at Disney World. :lovestruc

Thank you! I love Doctor Who too! Who's your favorite Doctor?

Real Life Update
A bit boring, but I've not forgotten my TR :) I've been out basically every single day since I last updated. I took on a part time job in the evenings, just for a bit of extra income.

I also interviewed for a job closer to home. While my current commute to work is short at around 1/2 an hour(compared to most!), it's taking a toll on the gas and car insurance. Along with our winters, it'd make things a little easier. I'm very torn at the moment, but this new job is 10 minutes from home, and would honestly allow me to grow and strengthen.

Tomorrow is my birthday and my employers kindly let me have the day off! :hyper::woohoo: I won't be doing much but I will be catching up on some sleep!

Continue

Happy Birthday. I hope you had a great day.

I hope you get the new job.

Day 1, Part 3

So away we go! It’s a Festival of Fantasy!

We sat by the Barber Shop, based on advice from Tori. This turned out to be an IDEAL spot. We were in the prime spot to see Snow White and Aurora come out to do their sets, Marie heading in for a cat nap (haha), Mary come out to visit and more. We were joined by Tori’s friend, Alex, Alex’s grandma Mimi, and a friend of Lori’s (who’d soon become my friend too), Mari.

Soon, the parade was coming our way and I have to admit, Festival of Fantasy has become my favourite parade. The others were preparing me, as this was my first time watching the parade.
64f1b8b3-7a9c-4c08-9770-887daf13d4ca_zpsb9b86037.jpg

6c807aa4-33f6-4846-9d11-1cb6768a56fb_zps63e9e1e1.jpg

be24bb8f-6af9-4cda-8080-b1da1f05af88_zps423b3127.jpg

04c0cc1e-a826-4499-abb6-2a16e3b5c162_zps30e62de7.jpg

7260bdf6-5e0b-43e0-82ed-a36f695591de_zps09448116.jpg

I have to admit, while I love the entire parade, the Peter Pan, Merida and Maleficent units were my favourites. However, saying that, the entire parade is definitely a spectacle.

CONTINUE

Day 1, Part 4 - It had to be done, couldn’t just run, and kinda was fun…

This entry is photo heavy. Sorry! After the parade, we headed towards the castle. There's always something special about seeing the castle for the first time. A few seconds later, the skies opened and the rain came down! We ducked inside for some AC and to shelter from the rain. We got pixie dusted too!
926e2b50-613f-44d4-96cb-6ed5b2c4aeb8_zpse2444296.jpg

6764b14e-35d8-4f2f-98c9-a5355b6fbc22_zpsbf666497.jpg

After a little while, the others decided it was time for me to meet Gaston. Apparently, this was the only way for me to be truly initiated not only into this trip, but into character greetings and into my new group of friends too. I had to meet Gaston, apparently, this very day. It HAD to be done. We didn’t run, but did make a quick dash over!
e46d6d60-6278-41e1-93b0-728a76b401b5_zps2dc0830c.jpg

Oh my. Was it ever an experience meeting Gaston. He is an absolute hoot. We could hear him before he even made his entrance (which included him basically smashing his way into his greeting area). It turns out he and Tori had met before. Tori’s glasses, in the Orlando heat, had fogged up. Well, according to Gaston, it wasn’t the heat that had fogged Tori’s glasses up, it was the very sight of him. Make note of this, as this isn’t the last time you will hear this story. He and I discussed why books were dangerous (I don’t think they are, but Gaston does!) and more.
1f926719-f6fe-4c2d-8aba-8a560508227b_zps162569d3.jpg

08fb0cb2-f85e-4674-a700-c568823c868b_zpse14b1079.jpg

38361ffb-51be-442f-b490-b86cb9dfbeac_zpsc35e2d29.jpg

Alex.
3b5ac9dc-2cb0-4b96-9931-85d958237adf_zpsffbaf7b9.jpg

Mari.
After meeting with Gaston, we ducked into the Tavern to have a drink. Mari and I then parted with the others, and went off to meet Ariel. I had a little project that I was working on for the twin boys that I used to nanny for. I’m still very close to them and this was the first time I’d been away from them for their birthdays in four years. I went around Disney World, asking CMs and characters to hold up a birthday sign that I’d made. Everyone was BEYOND helpful. Ariel was the first character I got to hold the sign. Again, keep note of this story (the birthday sign).
036d2aa2-2bb5-4450-a142-a33e415522a5_zps5e8962b6.jpg

44269f6d-3d39-4a17-96ed-fc6912597dd6_zps36c03a4d.jpg

Mari and I parted after that, so I could get my Photopass set up and start my Fast Pass reservations. After doing that, I rode my first ride (Buzz Lightyear – no photos) and have a look around, before heading over to my first dining experience of the trip!

CONTINUE

I love the updates. You got a great spot to see the parade. I was very sad that we missed it but will be sure to see it in May or October.

Love the pixie dust when you dashed out of the rain.

G A S T O N is the best character meet ever. Love him, and so glad you had a great time with him.

Love that the characters were willing to hold up your sign.

I love the updates. You got a great spot to see the parade. I was very sad that we missed it but will be sure to see it in May or October.

Love the pixie dust when you dashed out of the rain.

G A S T O N is the best character meet ever. Love him, and so glad you had a great time with him.

Love that the characters were willing to hold up your sign.

Thank you! You'll LOVE the parade. I wasn't sure I'd enjoy the parade, but thoroughly LOVED it and ended up seeing it two more times!

The pixie dust was a fun thing to do! I'd heard about it but never had experienced it until this trip.

Gaston was HILARIOUS! I went and met him twice more.

The characters were so much fun and so excited to help me with the sign. When I showed the twins the photos, it was like I didn't even exist in the photos! They were so excited about the characters and the sign, they didn't even realize I was in some of the photos.

Day 1, Part 5 - Put Our Service to the Test…

If you haven’t gathered from the chapter title, I was eating at Be Our Guest for dinner! I was EXTREMELY excited for this dining experience, as Beauty and the Beast is my all time favourite movie. It’s one of the first films I remember seeing in the movie theatre, and Beauty and the Beast was also the first Broadway musical I saw with my dad (who didn’t want to go and ended up LOVING IT). My dad and I saw it with the Original Broadway Cast, which included Susan Egan as Belle. Susan is also the voice of Meg, from Hercules.

After riding Buzz and wandering around New Fantasyland, it was time for me to check in. I had a bit of waiting time, which I had NO problem with. The detail to just the outside is brilliant. Soon, I was called in and was seated in the ballroom, right by where the Beast takes photos.
aa03e7d1-ca15-48ff-9e72-0d8a07d18c89_zpsb3910486.jpg

d43e7745-74de-4401-9088-9bf12d371f3f_zpsb4f93986.jpg

The waitress, April, came by and was brilliant. My food allergies were dealt with quickly and efficiently. I was on the DDP, so started with a salad, then got the steak and fries, followed by a bowl of fresh strawberries (no guaranteed dessert for me☹).

85f939e1-a128-40e4-b151-6a2d9e239625_zps03c84f80.jpg

5584f475-07d4-4000-99ee-b7c2d05148bd_zpseb501528.jpg

My meal was brilliant – well cooked, well presented, and delicious. One of the best meals I’ve EVER had. Towards the end of my meal, April, who had noticed my birthday sign for the twins, told I couldn’t leave just yet. I was slightly confused, but figured there had to be a good reason. About 10 minutes later, she came back with two birthday cards for the boys, signed by Belle and the Beast. I was SO touched.

I used a DDP credit, thanked April profusely, and toodled off to ride Under the Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid. SO CUTE. I then rode the Mine Train and loved it. It’s such a lovely ride (albeit a bit short).

I popped in to visit Cinderella and Rapunzel (no photos here, as they held the B’day sign for the boys and the sign has their names on). When I came out, Wishes had started. I have to admit, watching the fireworks from behind the castle is a BRILLIANT spot. It felt like the fireworks were right on top of my head. The music is just as clear there. We (ie the crowd) all just sat right on the ground and it was SO quiet, apart from the fireworks and music.
5ba7512a-5160-4e21-9a87-be15cbd9afd1_zps299c6683.jpg

b0490c1e-8d41-4a1c-bdcd-aaf2a00487b7_zps1cc5e08e.jpg

As it was EMH, I toodled around just looking at the sights, before watching the second showing of MSEP (in which my camera battery died partway through). I then headed back to POFQ for the night, as I had been up for nearly 24 hours and was ready to go to bed.

CONTINUE

Last edited:
I'm glad you enjoyed BOG. I've eaten there three times and will be there again in May and have had three good meals. How nice of April to bring you two cards for the twins. :)

You are the second TR I've read about watching the fireworks from there...I think we will give it a try.

Glad you got to see Cinderella and Rapunzel.

Real Life Update

I'm so behind! I'm sorry to all of my 3 or 4 readers. I started my new job and have been super busy with that. My new employers have been so fantastic. I'm really treated well at this job, am respected, and I love the kids. I'm also being allowed to actually do my job.

I've also been planning (well, early planning!) for my 2016 trip, which will be a few months before my 30th birthday. I'm planning to go all out for this trip. Right now, the aim is for the first two full weeks of September, at POFQ (it may not be "all out" for some, but it is my favourite hotel on Disney property), with Deluxe Dining.
Continue

Last edited:
I'm glad you enjoyed BOG. I've eaten there three times and will be there again in May and have had three good meals. How nice of April to bring you two cards for the twins. :)

You are the second TR I've read about watching the fireworks from there...I think we will give it a try.

Glad you got to see Cinderella and Rapunzel.

Thank you! I really enjoyed it! April was so sweet and I was just SO stunned. For the twins, the Cast Members who helped me, went over and above.

I can't see the fireworks anywhere else now. Behind the castle is such a good spot. I found it much quieter there, and also had much more room to move. It was sort of peaceful, with everyone just sitting down. The music is just as clear. My only complaint is that they don't turn off the lights from the carousel, but I'm not there to see the lights, haha!

Cinderella and Rapunzel were so kind!

Day 2– Downtown Disney

Not many pics, sorry! Today was a rest day, as I knew I was going to be on the go, go, go for basically the next 2 weeks. I woke up late for me. I’m an early riser, anyway, so anything after 5 am is late for me. After rolling out of bed and having a quick breakfast, I strolled around the hotel for a bit before snagging the boat headed for Downtown Disney. While waiting, there was a turtle in the water. I love finding animals.

db3b812a-e1cc-48f1-a8aa-29a1bd7e0e06_zpsbrjsg5xl.jpg

I spent the boat trip talking with a mother and daughter who were on a mother/daughter trip. The daughter had just started working for ABC and LOVED it. She had previously worked for ABC, then took a break and worked for a Disney affiliate and now was back at ABC.After we said our goodbyes upon reaching DTD, I toddled around, just looking at things and taking it all in. I headed into Once Upon a Toy and picked up some Mr. Potato Head parts for a friend’s son. I did some pin shopping and then decided to make a last minute rezzie at Raglan Road.

The food was amazing and so was the service. My waitress kindly posed with the sign for the twins. I had soup to start, Fish & Chips, and a flan of sorts for dessert. SO GOOD. Just so good. While waiting for my food, I wrote post cards for all of the kids I nanny/babysit for, along with postcards for my mom and neighbours.

2553511e-428c-4b79-ab3d-15c10a3e1902_zpsnob0e2so.jpg
e5ef823b-4a22-442e-95ab-0418e29cf1b7_zpsgdfqjb25.jpg

After that, I continued on my trek for CMs to hold the sign for the twins. I hit my first snag with the sign, as there was a rude CM. I didn’t realize she was helping someone when I initially asked her (my bad) – she was standing by herself. I started to apologize, and instead of saying, “I’m sorry, I’m busy, can I help you in a minute?”, she interrupted me apologizing, and basically was super rude. I was super embarrassed and ended up just walking off. She was the only downer in my quest and EVERYONE else made up for it.Also had to take a frumpy selfie.

289f4900-c710-41b4-8274-287fc8450e58_zpsjmr804ss.jpg

I headed back to the hotel after some more shopping (I’ve got a tendency to see things, really want them, decide I’ll get them later and then completely forget until I’ve gone back home). I ate dinner and Skyped with my mom. I watched a movie that was airing on Disney family (I think it was The Princess and the Frog) and fell asleep shortly after.

Quick side note: if you see anyone referred to as Penny, it’s my mom. Penny isn’t her real name, it’s a nickname she gained a few years ago (courtesy of yours truly), and it has stuck ever since. Her friends even call her this now. She also goes by Mommy W or Mom (both of which myself and my friends refer to her as), or Lili (pronounced Lee-Lee, courtesy of the twins). She never seems to go by her proper name. She and the twins are super close and they pretty much treat her as an honorary grandma. If I can’t babysit them, she goes in. Even though I don’t nanny for them anymore, we still see them a LOT. We recently took them to see Disney on Ice.

Continue.

Last edited:
Back and caught up. Nothing beats going to DTD on the boat, seeing wildlife (your frog in the water) and shopping and Raglan Road. We love that place and glad you enjoyed it too. Boo to the rude CM, but glad that everyone else was cooperating with you. Love your selfie (please just don't get one of those selfie-sticks).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter