Let's Have a Kiki With Benedict Cumberbatch & Mickey! **Update 11/02 x4**

Real Life Update

I'm sorry, I'm useless! I haven't forgotten my TR (especially since it's nearly a year since I actually went on my trip). I've been so busy, I've not really had anytime to myself, WHATSOEVER.

That being said, I booked my trip for next year! I'll be in Disney for the first two weeks of September, 2016! Hurrayyyyyy! I'll put up more details later on (ya know, safety and all), but I'm super excited. I've also lost nearly 14lbs, so I've only got about 41 more to lose :) I made it my goal to lose about 50 by December 9, 2016, which marks my 30th birthday.

I LOVE my new job. I've been there nearly six months and as of today, am now on my two week staycation. So, plenty of time to update, update, and.... update!

Continue

Last edited:

After meeting the sisters, I met Suzy and Perla, two of Cinderella’s mice. They were meeting where Tiana usually meets. They were a delight. I was determined to get as many characters from Cinderella, as this was the twin’s first Disney film – ever. The only ones I missed were the Prince and the Fairy Godmother. Seriously, I was on a character roll.

DSCN2372_zpskuxmhoqo.jpg

This is awesome!!! We met one of them once at CRT when they used to walk around to tables there years ago, but would LOVE to meet them again! What location is this (sorry I don't know where Tiana usually meets) and how did you know it was going to be them there?

Also, I LOVE Sherlock - such a good show! I wish it would come back already! I've since discovered Merlin on Netflix and have been watching that meanwhile!

This is awesome!!! We met one of them once at CRT when they used to walk around to tables there years ago, but would LOVE to meet them again! What location is this (sorry I don't know where Tiana usually meets) and how did you know it was going to be them there?

Also, I LOVE Sherlock - such a good show! I wish it would come back already! I've since discovered Merlin on Netflix and have been watching that meanwhile!

Tiana now meets in a different location, but at the time, she was meeting in a gazebo, in Liberty Square :) Where you cross into Liberty Square from The Hub, if you looked to the left, there was a gazebo and you could meet Tiana there.

Suzy and Perla were a chance meeting! They're not usually there :) I had no idea they were there, I just saw them and went, "OMG!", ran, and hopped into line.

Sherlock is amazing. I need to start watching Merlin!

Tiana now meets in a different location, but at the time, she was meeting in a gazebo, in Liberty Square :) Where you cross into Liberty Square from The Hub, if you looked to the left, there was a gazebo and you could meet Tiana there.

Suzy and Perla were a chance meeting! They're not usually there :) I had no idea they were there, I just saw them and went, "OMG!", ran, and hopped into line.

Sherlock is amazing. I need to start watching Merlin!

Oh man! Lucky you!! And yes, Merlin is very good!!! Not to mention, Arthur is pretty hot lol.

Day 4, Part 1 - What a Wild Party!

I slept in today. By sleeping in, I meant about 6 am. I got up, turned on the TV, got showered and ready for the day. I would be spending the morning at Animal Kingdom, then spending the evening at Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party. It also marked my first ever (random) Dismeet! Not many photos in this part :).

After I arrived, I just walked around – no real plans. I saw Louis and Baloo were out and decided to meet them. They were adorable and very interactive. I honestly didn’t have a bad character interaction at all during my entire trip.

DSCN2587_zpsojdowsas.jpg

I then went over to do my first Fastpass of the day, which happened to be FotLK. On the hotel bus to AK that morning, I was chatting with a very kind older couple who had taken an interest in my solo travels. Coincidentally, they also happened to be at the same show as I was. They invited me to sit with them in the front row and I gladly accepted. The show was lovely as per usual. I love the new theatre.

DSCN2618_zpssjwzvazy.jpg

I also met Dug and Russell, they were ALSO amazing. Dug was very huggy. I don’t think I did much after that, as I’ve not got any other photos for that morning (and I also can't find my Photopass CD hahaha).

DSCN2632_zps1kzngjpa.jpg

DSCN2633_zpsbuuf294g.jpg

As I was coming out, I saw two very familiar faces standing not too far from the theatre. I had to do a double take, but it was most DEFINITELY Dani (a.k.a. Danimaroo here on the Dis) and her lovely husband, Matt. Now remember, I am SUPER shy, so I took a moment, went up to them and asked if they were on The Dis. I introduced myself and we had a quick chat before I headed off. Super kind couple! I animal watched (as many people do in Animal Kingdom), rode Dinosaur and took some PhotoPass shots. Yes, PhotoPass.

DSCN2655_zpsai8dz9eo.jpg

Continue

Last edited:
Part 2 - The Kiki is kicking up!
**Photo Heavy Entry!**

I decided to head back to the hotel to take it easy. I soaked my feet, ate lunch, and had a nap. I then started to get ready for that night’s MNSSHP. My costume was Belle’s blue provincial town dress. It was hand made by one of my mum’s closest friends. The colour, a light blue, is based on the movie dress, not the park dress.

On my way down to the bus to MK, I came across a little pirate fairy and her parents. She was the cutest thing EVER. They were also heading to the party. She and I ended up sitting on the bus together, holding hands as her parents had been pushed to the back. Her mom and I ended up finding each other on Facebook a few weeks after my trip ended and we’re still in contact!

I went and met Gaston and got all shy. In line, I ended up standing in front of Taylor, a Disney CM, who is pretty well known on social media (RealLifeDisney). She is absolutely lovely and a HUGE fan of BatB. She, myself and another girl were all dressed in Belle’s blue dress. Taylor’s was the best. Gaston was brilliant.

DSCN2659_zpsiblsnvzf.jpg

I then went to Enchanted Tales with Belle, where I got pulled into the show at the end to get my photo taken with Belle.

DSCN2665_zps8izrwzir.jpg

DSCN2660_zpsxbe8enfg.jpg

She, Tiana and Merida are my absolute favourite princesses, so this really made my day. The show is really cute! I then hopped on some rides (might as well, right?), including BTTMR and Space Mountain. While I wandered, I stopped some people in costumes and asked if I could take their pics, which they gladly obliged. Only one said no, but she was on a mission.

DSCN2677_zpsh7xwbbtv.jpg

I then ate dinner at Casey’s and found my seat on Main Street for the parade. I LOVED the parade. So ridiculously cute.

DSCN2703_zps7iwze4zn.jpg

DSCN2728_zpsrzwijjev.jpg

DSCN2731_zpse88jwmhv.jpg
DSCN2745_zpsfzxgjbi3.jpg

Last edited:
Part 3 - This Kiki is Marvellous!

After the parade, my feet were starting to hurt in my heels, so I decided to go look at the decorations and meet Tiana. Note the rolled down pop socks! I could not get them to stay up! You can tell I completely shut down and went shy!

DSCN2775_zpsesgev6iy.jpg

DSCN2776_zpsctvmfl57.jpg
DSCN2778_zpslngznhqk.jpg

I am kicking myself for not meeting the characters in their special costumes and doing more the Halloweeny stuff, but I was enjoying myself just toodling and taking my dear sweet time.

I rode Splash and a few other rides, and admittedly, I had an absolute blast. While riding the rides, the fireworks went off. I could still hear the music and see the fireworks, from a brilliant spot (in Frontierland, near BTMRR). Then I looked around the dance party, so much fun! It was also during this time I realized my costume was slightly too big and made me look all saggy!

DSCN2785_zps37hwewqo.jpg

Soon, I decided to go back to the hotel. I went to Town Hall and picked up a bag full of nut free candy (they had GOOD nut free stuff!). Then I had some Photopass photos taken and headed back to the hotel. I also stopped to talk to CMs. I hopped on the bus soon after and had an awesome chat with a lovely woman who was there with her grandchildren. She asked about me solo travelling and said my parents had raised me right and I am awfully brave for doing so much solo travelling.
DSCN2790_zpszn1zfihx.jpg

DSCN2791_zps9noywdxy.jpg

In hindsight, I should’ve planned my time at the party better and done more research. Next time, I will be better prepared, but overall, I absolutely LOVED the party.

Continue

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter