Life is too short for self-hatred and celery sticks: final update 12/29, p.98

I was wondering....:confused3 I thought I might have missed the end of the trip.

:blush: Im still here and planning to wrap this up tomorrow. Life has been excitingly busy. I was offered an amazing new job, accepted it, thought about it, reconsidered, and am sticking with my current job. :upsidedow

I still need to post about our Disneyland trip this August. It'll be a small report like my numbers one. :thumbsup2

Can you believe it's been a year already?? I've been back what, 5 days and it seems like it's been a year since I was there! :rotfl2:

I can't. :rotfl: I thought surely I'd be finished with this report. I'm usually Johnny on the spot but I suppose I'm sad to see this trip come to an end.​

Final park day. Did you think we'd never get here? :lmao: I'm not quite sure how its been 4 months since my last update :blush: except perhaps a super busy summer, a trip to So Cal and our beloved Disneyland, days on the lake, Joshua's bar mitzvah, and if I really look deep inside, a realization that I don't want this trip to end.

We woke up early. Well the girls and Michael did. Chloe and Mikayla were set to do their YES class at AKV. Because Michael and Gabby couldn't participate, I don't have a single photo of the class. :scared: I begged the girls to snap me a photo or two but they were having so much fun, it slipped their minds.

The report from the girls regarding the YES class is that they'd do it again, it was fun, but they were on the older end of the class and the other kids were on the younger end. I think next time it'll be better for them to take a class with either a smaller age gap or for them to be the youngest.

Joshua and I stayed back while I began to pack up our things and start some laundry. I cannot reiterate how wonderful it is to be able to do our laundry while on vacation and come home with clean clothes. :cloud9: It's amazing. Buying DVC is the #1 best vacation decision we've made. I'm still hoping and looking for the perfect GCV contract.

After their class we all met up at Epcot. While I realize its a sacrilege to end the trip anywhere other than MK, majority rules. We had a beautiful night at MK prior and while I was a little heartbroken that our MK adventures were over, I was ready to take a bite out of F&W! Without further delay, F&W the Sheets' Family way.

We started in Mexico and ate and drank our way around the World. These are the highlights......

Waiting for the bus from AKV Kidani to Epcot:

4bb2128d6b7bc1cccc2641a28eaaf1c3_zps6d327a87.jpg

The ever iconic Spaceship Earth:

21c72ad7b6fac011b7283181fb1d7333_zps7b53f8bd.jpg

Isn't this gorgeous?

935201955dac654c07026431ed6210de_zps7eecbc05.jpg

Mexico:

767e9d0f47a769f1898111f37b33af71_zpsb08c6578.jpg

Ready to get their grub on:

60a917e37b559a0eae8b0d795c1d482c_zpse8999eb2.jpg

0765aabf31321199821f3f08677a487b_zps5b60c712.jpg

e081383c0d4e9500dcf4390435e17d98_zps6f4f82b6.jpg

5459a045ee292c17d172c3a68c40067a_zps846c5ded.jpg

0a0ae76ae5a147b3a0890c17df3967aa_zpsfec554bc.jpg

94ae9b87c03fee3fa3974d31c0c47e0e_zps709650ad.jpg

b8651cea480b72b2aa845ea31d3db4b8_zps0882d1d7.jpg

5e2c5f81e9b65ad66579ae44a52d72e1_zps7ae44826.jpg

aea737129b8f7a407401e856a600d86e_zpscaaa594e.jpg

69dcb72e6fdf5e4c38b156b6b5e092a8_zps553e8745.jpg

175812e959dabd52628d8d3bc0dd963e_zps622dc3ea.jpg

Continued in next post.....

Happy buzzy parents (sing to the tune of the B52's Shiny Happy People):

30bb1c08f49747f6771601240ee379ed_zpsaf914154.jpg

c52339bb6e6d70918bf44e2f7ec4b147_zpsbae74ef4.jpg

88e7bade02155596602f180ba9a1624b_zps557f3aba.jpg

c6429931b0fbee28633bf22b57480eb4_zps384105cd.jpg

829408a7d67f5051628f00791dd72f1b_zps2a4f9b63.jpg

65a05ffeb4b1004c736c6a4d6c01ca53_zpsb0b1ae32.jpg

After eating and drinking for hours, the girls were ready to spend the remainder of their souvenir money. Or was it my money? I guess literally, it's all my money. ;)

While in Morocco, they decided they wanted to get henna tattoos. They looked through the book all found something fitting their personalities.

I love Morocco:

04c172b5720e357c4252ef344fb2afd6_zps3fa2f15d.jpg

86e4c4cfd7774d191c4a8f92c771672b_zps8b96c93f.jpg

146622d5d63bfb7706050787efc08c28_zpsebcf6fef.jpg

e8b88495c288fa2d1591fd3b46684a47_zps004758b2.jpg

Joshua being the ever sweet brother, patiently waiting:

d5988629185e0d3b411d9d581dfbf50b_zps00e2885b.jpg

And his prize was his favorite dessert in all of WDW:

6d30080bc3139e0868522a8ddbfda3a4_zps4c3519eb.jpg

After stuffing ourselves all day, it's tradition, when not in Disneyland or MK, to ride Soarin' as the last ride of the trip. Tonight would be no different.

ce5a9e20ccc424dc2f734fdbc006b226_zps4b050aa4.jpg

It was wonderful. So wonderful we rode twice, stand-by no less. Pure magic. The sights and smells of Soarin' are nothing short of brilliant.

After Soarin' it was time to go. We were all pretty spent and the girls missed their midday nap. :rolleyes2

Bye buy Epcot. Until hopefully 2014, maybe 2015, or possibly sooner? pixiedust:

1b0ac186dcc67ba35c9ba5cf127c921e_zps22def809.jpg

We arrived back at AKV in no time. Our bus service this trip was stellar at both the THV and AKV. I don't ever see us renting a car while at WDW. Between DTD, the resorts, parks, DVC, and grocery delivery, I could live there. :teeth:

We arrived back to the villa full, happy, and tired but not too tired for more candy.

c3ac986fa139b0a7a8290f05fbaf9c13_zps8e49d618.jpg

We had gone to MNSSHP 5 days earlier and still had this much candy. If you're debating for next year about doing MNSSHP and are wondering if its worth it, it totally is! They give away so much great candy.

Some final thoughts on F&W. it is as great as everything I had read. Disney does an amazing job with it. It was pretty well organized and worth very calorie and penny. We'd all do F&W again in a heartbeat and I'd love an adults' or girls' only trip. Epcot is full of energy and brilliance. The theming in each country cannot be beat. I really feel as if I had traveled. Brava Disney for knowing your stuff!

Next up......emptying the fridge, some AKV time, and flying home.

To be continued.

What a fabulous last day! So many tasty treats and sounds like fun was had by all :)

What was the sandwich looking thing after Poseidon?

Having the washer/dryer is so nice!

What a great way to end a trip.....at Epcot F&W.

The blissful bites look great. And those henna tattoos are so cool. :thumbsup2

This sounds like a fantastic last day, but I am not surprised you were tired. The food looked amazing. I think it is a great idea to do Soarin as the last ride. I will do this on my upcoming trip, too. I have never been to a park on the day we fly home, but with an evening flight, staying at Beach Club Villas and Fastpass +, I have decided to head to Epcot that morning and my last Fastpass+ is for Soarin.

Corinna

What a fabulous last day! So many tasty treats and sounds like fun was had by all :)

What was the sandwich looking thing after Poseidon?

Having the washer/dryer is so nice!

It's a lobster roll from Hops and Barley in America. :thumbsup2 It wasn't as good as a Nantuclet lobster roll but it was better than I had anticipated. The F&W lobster roll gets a lot of grief but we enjoyed it. Lots of big lobster chunks as you can see.

We did eat so much that day. You know on your last day, regardless of how many magical days you just had, you feel like you need to cram in as much as possible? That's exactly what we did. :rotfl:

The washer/dryer are lifesavers.​

What a great way to end a trip.....at Epcot F&W.

The blissful bites look great. And those henna tattoos are so cool. :thumbsup2

The tattoos were awesome and lasted for weeks. The girls were very pleased and felt super hip. :hippie: They weren't expensive either; similar to what we'd pay here for a henna. :thumbsup2

This sounds like a fantastic last day, but I am not surprised you were tired. The food looked amazing. I think it is a great idea to do Soarin as the last ride. I will do this on my upcoming trip, too. I have never been to a park on the day we fly home, but with an evening flight, staying at Beach Club Villas and Fastpass +, I have decided to head to Epcot that morning and my last Fastpass+ is for Soarin.

Corinna

We don't do the parks on travel days either as my natural anxiety level is far too high to accommodate that. :lmao: ME has always been on time and our bus service has been great but I like to be early so it's not uncommon for us to be ready and waiting a good half hour before ME is set to arrive. :blush: Plus we always have early afternoon flights.

If we aren't in Disneyland or MK then it's got to be Soarin' for us. If we are in DL or MK then we shoot for POTC or Indy. And then a good cry down Main St. after saying goodbye to the castle.

An evening flight will be terrific and give you plenty of time to have some park time. Plus with staying at the BC you're so dang close to Epcot. Love it! :thumbsup2

Tell me about FP+; how exactly does it work?​

I am so happy you loved F&W- this is the first year we have missed in YEARS, and i plan on really making up for that next year before our adults-only cruise!

Totally understand the not wanting to finish the TR- I always have that issue- I do love reliving the vacation while writing about it, and it becomes hard to say goodbye to the trip- for good, this time. :sad1:

But there is ALWAYS another disney trip around the corner, right? :thumbsup2

Great update.....

Tell me about FP+; how exactly does it work?​

FP+ is linked to My Disney Experience. At about 60 days out, you can make your Fastpass+ selections. You can make 3 selections per day in a single park only. On my first Disney day, I will park hop. I will spend the morning at Animal Kingdom and the afternoon at Hollywood Studios. I decided to make my Fastpass+ selections for Hollywood Studios. Fastpass+ includes the old Fastpass attractions, but also pretty much every other attraction. For instance I reserved Fastpass+ for the Character Connection at Epcot and for Enchanted Tales with Belle at Magic Kingdom.

Corinna

I am so happy you loved F&W- this is the first year we have missed in YEARS, and i plan on really making up for that next year before our adults-only cruise!

You're doing an adults' only cruise and F&W the same trip? I think the boys need an older sister and it should be ME! :rotfl2:

Totally understand the not wanting to finish the TR- I always have that issue- I do love reliving the vacation while writing about it, and it becomes hard to say goodbye to the trip- for good, this time. :sad1:

::yes:: I've always got something brewing for sure. Joshua and I have our cruise in March/April and we may swing out to Disneyland this December but it'll be a last minute trip. :hyper:

But there is ALWAYS another disney trip around the corner, right? :thumbsup2

Great update.....

Thanks for still reading after my long hiatus from this report. :blush:

I just read about your bike adventures. :faint:

FP+ is linked to My Disney Experience. At about 60 days out, you can make your Fastpass+ selections. You can make 3 selections per day in a single park only. On my first Disney day, I will park hop. I will spend the morning at Animal Kingdom and the afternoon at Hollywood Studios. I decided to make my Fastpass+ selections for Hollywood Studios. Fastpass+ includes the old Fastpass attractions, but also pretty much every other attraction. For instance I reserved Fastpass+ for the Character Connection at Epcot and for Enchanted Tales with Belle at Magic Kingdom.

Corinna

Ok, so three selections for a single park per day? :thanks: I think DHS is a good choice. I didn't know you could use FP+ for non FP attractions? That's pretty neat. :thumbsup2 I'll be very interested in reading how it all works out. I see everyone posting their Magic Band pic on FB and they look cool.......well all except for Cynthia who is allergic. :sad1:

Working on our departure day and then this bad boy will be wrapped up. :goodvibes Thanks for everyone's patience and sorry for my slacking. I need to follow suit from some other DISers and only have two reports going at a time. :blush:

Working on our departure day and then this bad boy will be wrapped up. :goodvibes Thanks for everyone's patience and sorry for my slacking. I need to follow suit from some other DISers and only have two reports going at a time. :blush:

I'm frantically trying to wrap up my Expo report because I'm already two posts into my PTR! But I don't want to have too many unfinished ones out there and start another! :rotfl: The Expo was almost six months ago!

I'm frantically trying to wrap up my Expo report because I'm already two posts into my PTR! But I don't want to have too many unfinished ones out there and start another! :rotfl: The Expo was almost six months ago!

Your post inspired me to finish! :thumbsup2 The trip for this report was over a year ago. :blush:

Did you post your PTR? Where is it? When is it? :hyper:

Your post inspired me to finish! :thumbsup2 The trip for this report was over a year ago. :blush:

Did you post your PTR? Where is it? When is it? :hyper:

I haven't posted it yet. I write the installments in word. That way the DIS doesn't "eat" them. All I have to do is copy and paste when I'm ready to post them. I have one more post for the Expo trip, but I may launch the PTR tonight.

Here are two pics I wanted to share from the night before. In case you wanted to see me and Michael kissing in Epcot, France to be exact, here ya go:

And me in Morocco, my favorite of the Epcot countries. I always try on these cute little skirt scarves with the jingles but dont buy them because I have no clue what Id do with them. Terrible photo of me but I love the skirt!

Here are a few photos on our way back into AKV too. Nothing exciting but its so fun for me to look at them.

Last day; isnt it always the saddest? Bittersweet is the best adjective I can think of.

I had packed up the majority of our stuff the night before so we let the kids sleep in. Our flight wasnt until early afternoon so we were able to have a semi-relaxing morning. I cant be the only who does this but on the last day I get photo happy and take pictures of everything. It makes my family super happy. NOT! LOL!

For breakfast we cleaned out as much of the fridge as possible. We had a mix of everything from yogurt to cheese to leftover fruit and candy. We ended up leaving some beer, water bottles, and a few other unopened goodies. Next time I might order a little less. Maybe. ;)

Here are more room/view photos:

We were lucky enough to be flying United which meant we could check in our bags at AKV and not deal with them again until we reached SLC. Hate United but love that perk. It was nice to cruise around AKV, taking it all in one last time, without lugging a bunch of bags around.

After everyone showered and we were ready, we ready to go.

On the way to the airline desk:

The fellas chilling:

Airline/baggage check in was a breeze.

We walked around the hotel some more. Love AKV lights.

Remember our fabulous dinner with my cousin at Sanaa? What I wouldnt give for their bread service right now:

Continued in next post.....​

Joshua loves turtles and tortoises:

We ventured outside to enjoy the fire pit during the day. This is one of my favorite spots at AKV.

Michael relaxing:

Selfie:

The view from our seats:

Our seats:

They were filming some sort of commercial but didnt kick us out. I guess if they wanted it private, they would have blocked it off. We snapped tricky pics:

Show me how you rely feel about leaving:

Now a happy shot because you just spent the last 12 days at WDW:

A few more walking back in:

It was time to head out to wait for ME. Not so sure there is anything magical about ME when leaving WDW.

One more of the lobby and of the shop:

Love these walls:

The goodbye mat:

This lovely lady was playing the drum and singing/chanting:

Random shots:

Waiting for ME, poor Joshua:

Pose for me one last time. I lied I took way more photos. ;)

The ME driver was sweet and offered to take a group photo:

Continued in next post.....​

On ME:

It took us no time to arrive at MCO. Our first leg of the flight was on a teeny tiny puddle jumper. I apologize but for the life of me cannot remember where our first connection was but it was in Florida, a very small airport, very similar to LGB before the remodel. I know our final leg was Atlanta to SLC.

The walk of shame:

At the small airport in FL whose name escapes me:

So our flight going to Atlanta was very late, like over an hour. Our layover was already barely a legal layover at just under an hour. When we arrived to Atlanta we had to RUN, like literally sprint to the next gate. We sent Michael and Joshua ahead praying theyd get them to hold the gate open for us. As the girls and I were trying our best to jog there, the sweetest United employee drove up on one of those roofless golf cart looking carts and offered us a ride to our gate. She was awesome and loud and animated; honking and rushing people aside with hand gestures. She got us there at the same time the boys arrived. Our connecting flight was on the exact opposite side of the terminal. If not for her, we would not have made it. She radioed ahead to the gate and told them we were coming. I gave her a $20 and wished I would have got her name though in retrospect think she may broke a few rules and may have got reprimanded for the honking etc...

On the cart, rushing through the airport, and worst selfie ever!

You can see our driver with the beads in her hair:

We finally got on the plane and were settled within minutes. We sat in 3s so I dont have pics of the girls, lucky them.

I think we landed somewhere close to 11 pm.

It was such an amazing trip full of magic, wonderful people, love, friends, and pixie dust. I can't think of a better way to celebrate Chloe becoming a bat mitzvah.

:thanks: again for reading along and being patient. Cheers and ciao! :grouphug:

I have one of those belly dancing belts. They make a perfect accessory for Pirate Night on the Disney ships. I even found the perfect dress now to go with mine.

I love all the photos from around AKL. This really is the prettiest resort. What a bit of luck that you were given a lift to the gate.

Thanks for sharing. I thoroughly enjoyed reading along.

Corinna

WOW! You did end up with a few photos on the last day. And what great family pictures they are. :thumbsup2

Love the kissy kissy one in France.

I always hate the final day. As you said....bittersweet.

THanks for sharing (and finishing this TR). Really enjoyed the trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter