Life is too short for self-hatred and celery sticks: final update 12/29, p.98

All caught up!!!! I think I want to go to Tony's again. Our food wasn't memorable the last time we went but I think that was because it was our last night and we were wiped out. I also think Lexi would love to do pin trading this trip. She has seen some pictures of it while sitting next to me and she seemed interested. Hmmm I will have to find some cheap pins. :scratchin What YES class did the girls attend? I am debating signing Lexi up for one, according to what I have read I can have her attend 1 class for free, I'll have to research. And since I know you love a good count down we ar at 78 days!!!!!:yay::yay::yay:

love the cereal on the verandah in robes! I love robes but can never make the space for a big cozy one like that in my luggage on a trip. Had a wonderful travel one but left it on the Dream last summer. WAH!

YAY for Kingpin and wonderful wonderful castle photos. Hallowishes, right now, is my favorite fireworks and castle show ever. I must see it again at some point.

Gorgeous sunset.

Great memories. Love the one of the mob down main street.

Last day? :sad1:

Such great memories. It was our second to last park day. We don't do the parks on travel days. I'm too neurotic. :blush: :rotfl2:

Beautiful sunset at Kidani! I love that!

Love you goofy pictures from that afternoon. I guess it was hot out, huh? :rotfl:

Nice phone pictures and the castle and fireworks. I remember that Cynthia's turned out really well too. I was kind of disappointed that I never took any. Sigh!

Last visit to MK is always hard. Great groups shots on Main Street. :thumbsup2

The Kidani sunset was unreal; so beautiful. It was just perfect watching it set on our way to MK. Everything was right with the universe.

The last MK/Disneyland day always makes me tear up. I just love them so much. There's something about watching the castle change colors that pulls out of heart strings.​

Great family pictures!
Love the fireworks photos!!!!
Last day of vacation is terribly sad. :sad:

Amanda

Thanks Amanda. They are troopers when it comes to picture taking. :thumbsup2

I know what you mean on the whole bittersweet part of the end of vacation. Love the picturws on Main street! You guys have had an amazing trip so far. This is the point where regardless of how great the trip has been, I start to miss our kitties.

I'm looking forward to see how you make the most of your last day.

Our last day was a busy one for sure. Would you expect anything less? :laughing: :hyper:

The trip was truly amazing. :cloud9: Both resorts were perfect. I got to see AoA. Lots of park time and pool time too.

I don't know that I ever miss home when on vacation unless of course its not all five of us. I love the doggies but don't miss them per say. I know reality is right around the corner but I keep it at bay.​

No worries! I don't expect people to respond to everything :goodvibes

That looked like a HOT day! Gorgeous castle pictures. Late night cookies at the villa, life doesn't get any better than that :)

The full kitchen is always such a huge perk. I can always find something to cook or bake even if it's just Nestle cookie dough. Warm late night cookies are the best.​

I love the castle photos. What a shame that your trip is nearly over.

Corinna

:thanks: Corinna. It is always a shame when it's over. I increased this trip by a day. DH says I'm going to make the next trip 2 weeks. Of course I am.​

All caught up!!!! I think I want to go to Tony's again. Our food wasn't memorable the last time we went but I think that was because it was our last night and we were wiped out. I also think Lexi would love to do pin trading this trip. She has seen some pictures of it while sitting next to me and she seemed interested. Hmmm I will have to find some cheap pins. :scratchin What YES class did the girls attend? I am debating signing Lexi up for one, according to what I have read I can have her attend 1 class for free, I'll have to research. And since I know you love a good count down we ar at 78 days!!!!!:yay::yay::yay:

:woohoo: 78 days!!!I can't believe your trip is so close! without giving too much away, the YES class was a little too young for them, they were on the high end of the age group but it saved me $600 on tickets so I don't care if it was a class full of toddlers and the girls, it was worth it for me. :rotfl2:

I have a few good eBayers that I buy from. I'll PM you their names. My kids love to pin trade. They've been doing it since their first trip to WDW in 2007.​

love the cereal on the verandah in robes! I love robes but can never make the space for a big cozy one like that in my luggage on a trip. Had a wonderful travel one but left it on the Dream last summer. WAH!

YAY for Kingpin and wonderful wonderful castle photos. Hallowishes, right now, is my favorite fireworks and castle show ever. I must see it again at some point.

Gorgeous sunset.

I won;t travel without my robe. :lmao: No really. Michael says I'm an old lady. I say so what! ;) My soft fluffy robe is part of relaxing for me.

I love Hallowishes too. I can't think of a Disney fireworks show I don't love. :blush: To see it again, you may have to do another MNSSHP. :rolleyes1

:woohoo: 78 days!!!I can't believe your trip is so close! without giving too much away, the YES class was a little too young for them, they were on the high end of the age group but it saved me $600 on tickets so I don't care if it was a class full of toddlers and the girls, it was worth it for me. :rotfl2:

I have a few good eBayers that I buy from. I'll PM you their names. My kids love to pin trade. They've been doing it since their first trip to WDW in 2007.​

Well Lexi will have just turned 8 when we go on our trip so I think she will be just the right age. If it saved $600 they can take one for the team!!!:rotfl:

Please do PM me the names of your pin suppliers.

Great update!

I have never heard of Tony's and I am not really a fan of spaghetti but I will have to try this place out someday! I LOVE Lady and the Tramp!

Interesting that you sit individually for Space Mt and not side by side like at DL. Funny that Splash Mt is single file at DL and side by side at WDW!

Great phone pictures of the castle!!

Well Lexi will have just turned 8 when we go on our trip so I think she will be just the right age. If it saved $600 they can take one for the team!!!:rotfl:

Please do PM me the names of your pin suppliers.

I will. Sorry I keep forgetting. :blush: It's been a crazy few days with more craziness to come. We're having yards of bark delivered today and Michael and I get to spread it. We were supposed to go bating and camping over it but lucky me, we're having bark delivered. I guess the reward will be boating tomorrow.

Yeah, the YES class saved me $110 per ticket. They have tons to choose from.​

Great update!

I have never heard of Tony's and I am not really a fan of spaghetti but I will have to try this place out someday! I LOVE Lady and the Tramp!

Interesting that you sit individually for Space Mt and not side by side like at DL. Funny that Splash Mt is single file at DL and side by side at WDW!

Great phone pictures of the castle!!

:wave: If you like Lady and the Ramp, you'll like Tony's. it's on Main St in MK. :thumbsup2 Lady is my all time favorite.

I know it's odd how the rides are so different at the different parks.

How's summer treating you? :goodvibes

Looked like A magical night at MK. And cookies to end the night with. :thumbsup2

For a cellphone the castle pics came out nice.

Looked like A magical night at MK. And cookies to end the night with. :thumbsup2

For a cellphone the castle pics came out nice.

Thank you. Not too shabby for a phone. Our spot didn't hurt any either. I'm a fireworks junkie.

Yes, you cannot go wrong with hot cookies. Ever.​

I will. Sorry I keep forgetting. :blush: It's been a crazy few days with more craziness to come. We're having yards of bark delivered today and Michael and I get to spread it. We were supposed to go bating and camping over it but lucky me, we're having bark delivered. I guess the reward will be boating tomorrow.

Yeah, the YES class saved me $110 per ticket. They have tons to choose from.​

No problem, send them when you can :goodvibes

We have stayed at Animal Kingdom before and loved it. But we will be staying at Kidani for the first time in January and your trip resort made me sooo excited. Thanks so much for sharing and a great report!

No problem, send them when you can :goodvibes

:blush: I keep forgetting. I'm going to set an iPhone reminder. :laughing:

We have stayed at Animal Kingdom before and loved it. But we will be staying at Kidani for the first time in January and your trip resort made me sooo excited. Thanks so much for sharing and a great report!

:welcome: Thanks for posting. We loved Kidani, it's amazing. The extra bathroom is such a huge perk and the whole place is stunning. Make sure you really explore. There is so much to do and see. Customer service was also stellar. Enjoy. Have you made any villa requests as far as location?​

I've been reading and catching up. I love your photos!

Hi stranger! :goodvibes Good to see you. I don't have much yet in the way of updates but its coming. I'm still stuck on excursions. I read about this cool underwater cave exploration in Cozumel. Joshua hasn't been to Mexico so I can't decide if I want to do that or really tour around with him so he can get a feel for the country. I'm one of the few propel left that really loves Mexico outside of the tourist spots. :laughing:

Your trip is so soon. Bet you're so very excited on a few levels. :hug:

We will be going in January when the parks are not open as long so we will have more resort time. What are some things you really enjoyed that we should look for?

No I haven't made any villa requests. Which area do you recommend?

Thanks for your help.:wave2:

We will be going in January when the parks are not open as long so we will have more resort time. What are some things you really enjoyed that we should look for?

No I haven't made any villa requests. Which area do you recommend?

Thanks for your help.:wave2:

For Kiadni, I'd request near the lobby, floors 3-4. We loved out villa and had an amazing view. You can also request certain *beads*. If you look at a map of the resort, you'll see that Kidani looks like a necklace. I have heard the middle beads are best. It's such a lovely resort, I'm so jealous. You're going to love it. :goodvibes

Don't miss the bead activity. It's a series of activies for kids, between Jambo and Kidani and they earn beads that can go on a necklace. They learn about animals, feeding, conservation, etc...it was one of the highlights for my DS. My older girls wished they had participated once they saw the cool beads. There's a pic in my report but I don't know what page. I have a ToC and it was during our Kidani day.

Using the night vision googles to watch the animals was very cool as was roasting marshmallows at Kiadni.

The pool parties are great too and start about 2 pm or so. :thumbsup2

For Kiadni, I'd request near the lobby, floors 3-4. We loved out villa and had an amazing view. You can also request certain *beads*. If you look at a map of the resort, you'll see that Kidani looks like a necklace. I have heard the middle beads are best. It's such a lovely resort, I'm so jealous. You're going to love it. :goodvibes

Don't miss the bead activity. It's a series of activies for kids, between Jambo and Kidani and they earn beads that can go on a necklace. They learn about animals, feeding, conservation, etc...it was one of the highlights for my DS. My older girls wished they had participated once they saw the cool beads. There's a pic in my report but I don't know what page. I have a ToC and it was during our Kidani day.

Using the night vision googles to watch the animals was very cool as was roasting marshmallows at Kiadni.

The pool parties are great too and start about 2 pm or so. :thumbsup2

How do you participate in the bead activity? Would my son (almost 6) be too young? I have a feeling he would LOVE it. Thanks!

How do you participate in the bead activity? Would my son (almost 6) be too young? I have a feeling he would LOVE it. Thanks!

We saw kids that young, he'd love it I think. When you check in they give you an entire paper on the resort activities. No need to sign up for the beads, you just show up to each activity.​

Thanks! I'm thinking I need to get my final 2 updates posted as the trip was literally, this time last year. :blush:

Can you believe it's been a year already?? I've been back what, 5 days and it seems like it's been a year since I was there! :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter