Limited Time Magic?

While I may not think the "special" :confused3 weeks are all that exciting.... or a great promotion, I have to say I LOVE :love: the idea behind the promotion of "Limited Magic" and their commercials as they are saying exactly what many of us have felt at one time or another. For me it is especially true of the one with Lucy! princess:

"Believes in fairies, magic kingdoms, and wishing on stars. Even believes elephants can fly... and you can't believe how time flies. Lucy at 4-1/2 and you - available for a limited time only"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84xxcTX3E2k

OMG - really!?!?! This absolutely hits "it"[/B] for me. Genius marketing IMO - even if it is taking advantage a bit of parents emotions - feeling like our kids grow up too fast and life can fly by too quickly at times!

It still works for me and makes me want to get back asap.... time is fleeting.

Sydnerella's Mama

I saw this ad last night, and looooved it. It's exactly why we are going to WDW with my kids still young (I keep having workmates telling me it's worthless to go because my 2 years old won't remember a thing). My DD4 is deep into the princesses, but is starting to doubt a lot of things. It's now or never for us, as she won't be into the magic much longer.

Time is very limited, and it's true. I like their new campain.

Love the idea! HATE the name. I understand the limited time with the kids idea, but limited should never enter into the equation when referring to Disney. How about Maximize your Magic? It all about maximizing the limited time you have with your kids!

We have a word in french, I don't know if it exists in english, but it's éphémère. It would be the perfect word for it.

Éphémère means something that lasts only a short moment.

The name is pretty horrible, but if you believe the Mayans, may be appropriate. :rotfl2:

They should have called it "pop up magic" or something like that, some other way to describe how the specific celebrations come and go.

I CANNOT believe they are going to have the dapper dans singing N'SYNC and other boy band remixes. This is Disney World, not an episode of Glee! I honestly thought it was a joke the first time I read it, that is just so out of place for them and so out of place for Main Street. It is going to be dissonant, it boarders on bad show. All they need now are the princesses acting as backup dancers. :headache:

:goodvibes
I saw this ad last night, and looooved it. It's exactly why we are going to WDW with my kids still young (I keep having workmates telling me it's worthless to go because my 2 years old won't remember a thing). My DD4 is deep into the princesses, but is starting to doubt a lot of things. It's now or never for us, as she won't be into the magic much longer.

Time is very limited, and it's true. I like their new campain.
:goodvibes

Exactly! You and I are completly in sync lynypixie!!! Over the years I have had many people say rude things about my kids not remembering it or why I would spend so much money when they are too young to enjoy it...

They dont get it or they choose not to. My DS3 was so over the top to meet Darby, Pooh and Tigger from "his show" - they were now officially his buds! And my DD3 believed she met the real Tiana when she was Tiana courtesty of BBB and that Naveen was confused which one was the "real" Tiana! Then as soon as we entered Pixie Hollow just before close in Toontown, Rosetta ran to DD3 - so excited to see a little girl in HER dress and made a huge deal of my DD3 and also made for one of our most memorable moments of her young life.

The time to have the experiences I list above IS limited... obviously there are many other magical moments to be had, but each visit is different as we all age and have other life experiences. :wizard:

In english it might not be pretty, but it is true. If you can do it, do it. Time does fly! While the often used english phrase "available for a limited time" makes for catchy ad copy and is pretty commonplace, I totally LOVE :lovestruc the french word and description you give - far more pretty:

But still the same essential meaning. Thanks SO much for the bonding moment!

I wish you and your little girl princess: a most magical trip! By 4.5 my DD was transitioning from princesses into barbies... she still enjoys Disney a ton at age 6 but it is different and going during that "believing" phase is a complete joy!

Sydnerella's mama

I am so excited!! I seriously hope that I am there for a Lost Characters Week. I bet that will be a slower time so that they can get more people there. That is the one that appeals to me the most. Meg and Hercule!

We have a word in french, I don't know if it exists in english, but it's éphémère. It would be the perfect word for it.

The english word is very similar - ephemeral. I love that word. It sounds so wispy and delicate.

Robo said:
Thanks for that.

But, without anything to compare size in the shot, I can't tell if that castle is
this big:

Or this big:

(Or some other size.)

There is a woman in the bottom left of the shot. ;)

I know everyone is different. But I don't spend the cash to book a vacation on what "might" happen. I need a few details to go on. I would probably be tempted to book a special extra weekend to Disney for something concrete I really wanted to do. But not on a "might".

I know a lot of folks booked trips to the MK for the 40th anniversary last year and when it was over went "was that it"?

My guess is that this will be accepted with varying degrees of excitement based on where one lives and how hard it is to GET to Disney. For people who live within driving distance and have APs I can see it being very cool. But for someone who has to mobilize an army just to get there........... completely different.

I'm with you on this. While they sound like neat ideas and I'm sure they'll come up with more but the liklihood that they will occur when I can go will be up to chance and its not likely that any of these would be enough to affect when I might go. (Travelling from Illinois).

I think it sounds Great. I like the Valentine's Week. Also like the idea of limited edition souvenirs for that week! Good Job Disney.

it's things like that make me want to live at Disney YEAR LONG!! :)

I love the theme!!!! And it has already sucked me in!!!
I wonder if they will start it right on Jan 1?? We are there from Dec 28- Jan 12 and would love to be able to see 2 different themes.
If they announce when they are having their pirate week, we might just have to make a special trip out. pirate:

I'm really really on the fence about it. The name is awful and so far my first impression is not a good one.

We aren't schedulers with our vacation. We get tickets with no expiration dates and literally decide a few weeks before the dates we want to go. So there's a slim chance that we would be able to go down on a week with a theme that we actually wanted to see.

I LOVE my off-season Disney trips. :sad1:

I miss the Year of a Million Dreams.

We were thinking of going again in 2014. Now, all I keep thinking is that my daughter's birthday is September 13.

It's fate.

We need to go next September so she can party with the villians.

Yes!!! Oh my, I think I would just die if I could meet Kronk. Better yet, an Emperor's New Groove ensemble meet - Kronk, Kuzco, Yzma, and Pacha! How great would that be?? I'm excited just thinking about it :hyper:

Yes!!! :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter