Longest you've waited for a WDW attraction

Had to be 20K leagues under the sea when I was a kid. We waited over two hours and there wasn't stitch of shade over the entire line. As an adult there's just no ride I would wait that long for in any amusement park.

90min SDMT/FEA standby
Possibly longer or on par queues in the pre fast pass era

2.5 hours give or take for Jack and Sally pre Halloween party debut when they met select weekends at downtown Disney during the Tim Burton Weekends promotion they did as a tie in for Frankenweenie

The first time we went to MK when my daughter was 4 or 5. It was the end of June. I had researched enough to know the slowest day, to be there before rope drop and to start by going left through Adventureland and we never waited more than 15 minute for anything. Until we got to Winnie the Pooh. Stand by said 20 minutes so we got in line. We had no idea about fast pass on that trip. The first electrical parade ended and the fast pass line was suddenly filled and they just kept coming. This was back before they started enforcing return times. We waited over two hours for that ride and swore never again. Before our next trip I studied the fast pass system.

The first time we went to MK when my daughter was 4 or 5. It was the end of June. I had researched enough to know the slowest day, to be there before rope drop and to start by going left through Adventureland and we never waited more than 15 minute for anything. Until we got to Winnie the Pooh. Stand by said 20 minutes so we got in line. We had no idea about fast pass on that trip. The first electrical parade ended and the fast pass line was suddenly filled and they just kept coming. This was back before they started enforcing return times. We waited over two hours for that ride and swore never again. Before our next trip I studied the fast pass system.

20 min turned into 2 hours without a breakdown for Pooh. Thats incredible.

Years ago I used to do the 'avoid fantasyland first' strategy by going clockwise beginning at Splash/BTMR but found that they delayed opening frontier/adventureland a bit (ESP. During EMH early) and we had to waste time walking to Pan. I'm assuming they no longer do this? But we now (try to) lead the herd to 7DMT, Space, Pan. Most of the time, they let us on 7DMT early, and it's as little as 5 min into park opening hr and we're headed for Pooh.

But we haven't been to MK since the new rope drop at castle stage era. I'm sure the show will make it much more difficult to be 1st to Mine Train. Told that they're letting everyone in 20-25 min early to amass at stage, restricting you to hub area. Heard that some people abandon Mine Train first and go through the Castle after rope drop show to go to Pan first while most people go to Mine Train. Not sure what our rope drop strategy will be. Still trying to decide if we're flying or driving down. Ugh.

Last edited:
45 minutes. That's our limit and it had better be for something fabulous. Typically we won't wait more than 20 minutes but 45 is our top limit.

OP, 3.5 hours for Toy Story Mania, 'any' ride????? Love TSM, but could never do that! The longest we've ever waited was 35 -45 min. We have waited longer (sitting) for shows - Fantasmic (our days are over doing that - just don't plan to see it anymore).

We never go during holidays, and only a few times during summers, so won't wait in long lines.

DW, DD and I waited 75 minutes for FEA only because it was our first time. What a waste of time that was. We were very disappointed with the ride. Won't do that again. Our usual limit is 45 minutes. We have no problem adjusting our plans to fit in with what rides have shorter wait times. Accordingly, I will usually look for FP's for what's available for immediate use and we go from there. It's our way of coping with the large crowds.

I know it was Soarin' and I think it was 90 minutes. The worst part is how much standing in one spot that we did. That trip we rode it like 7 times over two different days. It was either our 2005 or 2008 trip.

I won't get in line if the wait time exceeds 30 minutes, and I can't actually recall getting in a line where standby was that long. We hit the parks early and ride whatever we want/can and then head back to the resort once wait times consistently exceed 30 minutes.

Had to be 20K leagues under the sea when I was a kid. We waited over two hours and there wasn't stitch of shade over the entire line. As an adult there's just no ride I would wait that long for in any amusement park.
Wow, have not thought about that ride in a long time. As a small child, I remember waiting a loooong time to ride it and by the time my fam got to the front of the line, I had to pee so badly I thought I might burst, lol

Wow, have not thought about that ride in a long time. As a small child, I remember waiting a loooong time to ride it and by the time my fam got to the front of the line, I had to pee so badly I thought I might burst, lol
That's funny. I miss 20k leagues. I was terrified when first seeing the giant squid's tentacles slapping against my lookout window as a boy.

OP, 3.5 hours for Toy Story Mania, 'any' ride????? Love TSM, but could never do that! The longest we've ever waited was 35 -45 min. We have waited longer (sitting) for shows - Fantasmic (our days are over doing that - just don't plan to see it anymore).

We never go during holidays, and only a few times during summers, so won't wait in long lines.

TSM broke down that day, and strangely they didn't turn us around, kept trying to fix it. We were near front of line and had waited a couple hrs before it broke and too stubborn to leave. Moms we're taking kids out on potty breaks and coming back.

That's sad you don't want to see fantasmic again.

I think we waited at least an hour for Toy Story Mania, but that was when it first opened. I don't think I'd ever do that now. I always thought, "Oh this is the last little turn and we'll be on the ride." Nope. It was a never ending maze. Torture.

I think we also waited 45 minutes to an hour for Test Track. Never again and not because of the line but just because I'm over it.

I did an hour long wait for Pan years ago and no. I love the ride and I still won't do it. There is something about that attraction that brings out the loud, line-cutting, "Okay can you please tell Junior to stop kicking my ankles" families and it's just exhausting. FastPass or rope drop only or it's a pass for me.

My limit now is 20-30 minutes. If it's longer than that oh well, it just wasn't meant to be. :rolleyes1

Longest I've ever waited in line was 30 minutes. That's my max and I'll rarely wait even that long.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter