Longest you've waited for a WDW attraction

75 mins Soarin'. Actual time was about 73 mins so I was impressed at how accurate it was. We usually won't wait more than about 40 minutes because we've done all the rides before, but we had not done Soarin' since it was updated.
We enjoyed the updates on Soarin. I know a lot of people didn't think it was realistic enough. Still prefer the old Test Track, but like the new one fine.

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. The abbreviations do get to be a bit much. Or the brevies as I've seen a few say. :rotfl:
Thanks for the clarification. Although you haven't let me in on what the D in DH or DW stands for:). Brevies kind of remind me of undies instead. But I guess that still makes sense since we're being brief! that's bad.

Thanks for the clarification. Although you haven't let me in on what the D in DH or DW stands for:). Brevies kind of remind me of undies instead. But I guess that still makes sense since we're being brief! that's bad.
I think that D"family member" can mean many things but it's usually "dear". I guess that it depends on how you feel about them on that day. ;)

i think it was in the standby line for space mountain, sometime in summer 2015? we went in ignoring the posted wait time, and ended up waiting somewhere between an hour and a half to two hours. i have back problems when i stand too long, so by the time we got to the loading station, i was on my knees... luckily the ride was in perfect working order, but we vowed to always use FP+ from that moment forward

Last edited:
At DL - Entered into the Jungle Cruise line with a 60-min stated standby wait, and waited about that...not the best line, snaked round and round and so hot, but Jungle Cruise is my favourite attraction!

At WDW - Around 40-45-mins for Splash Mountain and Rock 'n' Roller Coaster.

We try and keep our limit to 30-mins standby though and use RD, EMH, Single Rider and FP as much as possible.

Pre-FP in 1998 waited 2 1/2 hours to ride Splash Mountain only to be told that the ride was broken down and we had to get out. In the FP era waited 2 hours for Toy Story Mania when it was new and we couldn't get a FP. We really don't mind waiting in long lines if we have to. We're planning on maybe riding Flights of Passage standby because we're both Pooh-sized and want to try the test seat before we ride. Couldn't see wasting a FP+ if one or the other of us doesn't fit.

During my first trip to the World in 1996, with the castle half decorated as a birthday cake, in 100 degree weather in August, we waited ~3.5 hours for splash mountain. We were about 40 people back from getting on and it closed due to lightening. Happens 3 times to us that trip! This was before cell phones and you had to be creative while waiting in lines!

The longest I've waited for any ride, period, is Gringotts when it first opened. More then 3 hours. Worth it at the time, I'm a gigantic Potter fan.

My longest wait at WDW was probably 2 hours for TSMM, because I was with friends who had never ridden, and it was super important to them.

It's Disneyland, not WDW, but we waited 1 and a 1/2 hours for the Thor meet and greet and it was worth every second! It was back when he greeted in a very elaborate Asgardian throne room like the one in the movie, and there was a brief pre-show with lights and tons of dry ice smoke. A secret door opened (you thought it was just the wall!) and through the smoke you could see a dark silhouette of Thor standing in the throne room and he raised his hammer and said "Please! Do not be afraid! Enter!"
thor.jpg

152 minutes for Space Mountain (wait time was 120!!!!!). Yes, I timed it. I didn't really want to wait, but it was my son's first time tall enough for the ride and he'd always wanted to go. Because he told my sister that was what he wanted to do the most, she waited with him and I grudgingly waited too. I would have gotten fastpasses and kind of thought I did, but in the lead up to the trip, he told me he wanted to ride SPLASH mountain. So I fastpassed that several times over a couple of days. Turns out he meant SPACE mountain and since we were there Xmas week, I was not able to score any last minute fastpasses.

Cherry on top - he hated it. His favorite coaster turned out to be Big Thunder - which worked out well in the end since I'd fastpassed that a lot too as it's my favorite coaster.

I have neither waited in line nor fastpassed Space Mountain since then. I think I have some form of PTSD, not to mention sharp memories of whiplash.

The longest line we have waited in was at Princess Fairytale Hall. It was our first trip to WDW, and during the planning our daughter kept saying character meets were not a priority for her so please use the FPs on rides. That's what I did. But then came the siren call of Rapunzel. We were riding the carousel and saw the wait time for Rapunzel was only 20 minutes. So we walked over and got in line. That sign was a lie. We waited for almost 2 hours because, of course, the line might start moving quickly the second we bail and the girl was really psyched about meeting her favorite princess at this point. Almost 2 hours of sore feet torture. Walking is a piece of cake compared to standing in line forever. Thank goodness Rapunzel was wonderful with our daughter, and the meet and greet ended up being one of her favorite parts of the trip. We learned our lesson, though. Rapunzel is still her favorite, and photos with her have become a tradition. But now we FP her. What a difference that makes!

Don't get me (or my husband) started about Rapunzel. The line said 20 minute wait time. After 50 minutes, I looked at my clock and we were going to miss our 7 Dwarves FP. It was the only ride my son had heard of and wanted to ride, and I knew there was no way to get that FP again. So, four people away from meeting her, we had to get out of line. Incidentally, that's the longest line we stood in.

Snagged a FP for her about an hour before the fireworks, after waiting 35 minutes realized we still weren't going to make it. Rapunzel can no longer be spoken in this house!

Don't get me (or my husband) started about Rapunzel. The line said 20 minute wait time. After 50 minutes, I looked at my clock and we were going to miss our 7 Dwarves FP. It was the only ride my son had heard of and wanted to ride, and I knew there was no way to get that FP again. So, four people away from meeting her, we had to get out of line. Incidentally, that's the longest line we stood in.

Snagged a FP for her about an hour before the fireworks, after waiting 35 minutes realized we still weren't going to make it. Rapunzel can no longer be spoken in this house!

I don't think I will ever again trust the 20 minute wait sign for a princess. I have a feeling Rapunzel might be even more popular now that Tangled is a series.

During my first trip to the World in 1996, with the castle half decorated as a birthday cake, in 100 degree weather in August, we waited ~3.5 hours for splash mountain. We were about 40 people back from getting on and it closed due to lightening. Happens 3 times to us that trip! This was before cell phones and you had to be creative while waiting in lines!

Wow, on your first trip and you kept coming back! That's a long wait to not get on Splash, but at least the rain cooled you down.

It's Disneyland, not WDW, but we waited 1 and a 1/2 hours for the Thor meet and greet and it was worth every second! It was back when he greeted in a very elaborate Asgardian throne room like the one in the movie, and there was a brief pre-show with lights and tons of dry ice smoke. A secret door opened (you thought it was just the wall!) and through the smoke you could see a dark silhouette of Thor standing in the throne room and he raised his hammer and said "Please! Do not be afraid! Enter!"
View attachment 239970
That sounds awesome! New Thor movie at end of the yr I think. "At least make it a challenge for me!"

152 minutes for Space Mountain (wait time was 120!!!!!). Yes, I timed it. I didn't really want to wait, but it was my son's first time tall enough for the ride and he'd always wanted to go. Because he told my sister that was what he wanted to do the most, she waited with him and I grudgingly waited too. I would have gotten fastpasses and kind of thought I did, but in the lead up to the trip, he told me he wanted to ride SPLASH mountain. So I fastpassed that several times over a couple of days. Turns out he meant SPACE mountain and since we were there Xmas week, I was not able to score any last minute fastpasses.

Cherry on top - he hated it. His favorite coaster turned out to be Big Thunder - which worked out well in the end since I'd fastpassed that a lot too as it's my favorite coaster.

I have neither waited in line nor fastpassed Space Mountain since then. I think I have some form of PTSD, not to mention sharp memories of whiplash.

My sis in law went through the same thing with my nephew confusing splash and space. It must have happened to others too. My own first Space Mt ride- I was not a brave little boy... my dad forced me on the ride to get me over the fear of coasters. My prize was a large pop. I vividly remember it.

I do enjoy Space- the whiplash cracks my back if I break the urge to tighten up. I always jokingly ask DW 'who needs a chiropractor?'

I don't normally keep track of the time I'm in line, but I'd say the longest my family has waited in line was about 60 minutes for the Joy and Sadness M&G at Epcot. It was close to when it first started, but it was important to my daughters. Turned out to be a really good M&G, and my daughters both loved it, so it was well worth it.

3 hours for TSMM shortly after it opened. DHS was our second park of the day and we hadn't planned on riding until later in the trip, but we had some family leaving the next day who wanted to make it a priority. That was the first and last time we waited anywhere near that long.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter