Longest you've waited for a WDW attraction

1998- Splash Mountain 2 hrs and it was August - Never ever again have I stand so long for any ride. I learn from my mistakes, now I don't wait more than 25min and that's only for new rides

The longest line we have waited in was at Princess Fairytale Hall. It was our first trip to WDW, and during the planning our daughter kept saying character meets were not a priority for her so please use the FPs on rides. That's what I did. But then came the siren call of Rapunzel. We were riding the carousel and saw the wait time for Rapunzel was only 20 minutes. So we walked over and got in line. That sign was a lie. We waited for almost 2 hours because, of course, the line might start moving quickly the second we bail and the girl was really psyched about meeting her favorite princess at this point. Almost 2 hours of sore feet torture. Walking is a piece of cake compared to standing in line forever. Thank goodness Rapunzel was wonderful with our daughter, and the meet and greet ended up being one of her favorite parts of the trip. We learned our lesson, though. Rapunzel is still her favorite, and photos with her have become a tradition. But now we FP her. What a difference that makes!

I like your story! No kids yet, and sometimes feel guilty or otherwise wonder if some mom is going to scold us for being in a character greet line... but we've done them; not all the time. 2015/2016 we filled up the final year of Osborne lights show commemorative shirts with character autographs. I think I'll bring my shirt in Aug., even though it's summer. Thanks for the reminder. Anna/Elsa line was probably the longest we've waited on a character greet. Never waited anything close to that long for a greet. I like AK for the quick greets without much wait, EP has so many.

I hate waiting in long lines. The standing still REALLY hurts my feet, so much so that I have to take prescription pain meds for it by the 3rd park day at WDW. I won't wait longer that 25 minutes by choice. The longest I've waited for any ride in the last 15 to 20 years was 40 minutes for Jungle Cruise. It was supposed to be a 25 minute wait (my limit), but a boat broke down, had to be taken out of service, etc.

Back in 1995 in our younger days, DH and I waited for what seemed like 2 hours for Splash. It was a long time ago, and it is the only line that sticks out from that trip because the wait was so long!

Rope drop, a good touring plan and FP+ are my best friends!!!
Dose using the Disabity pass count as waiting.

I think it was 40 minutes for Primeval Whirl last June. We don't get in a line posted more than 30 but one side broke down while we were in line.

think that one is a first on here. That ride sort of scares me because it spins and jerks you around so hard.

I hate waiting in long lines. The standing still REALLY hurts my feet, so much so that I have to take prescription pain meds for it by the 3rd park day at WDW. I won't wait longer that 25 minutes by choice. The longest I've waited for any ride in the last 15 to 20 years was 40 minutes for Jungle Cruise. It was supposed to be a 25 minute wait (my limit), but a boat broke down, had to be taken out of service, etc.

Back in 1995 in our younger days, DH and I waited for what seemed like 2 hours for Splash. It was a long time ago, and it is the only line that sticks out from that trip because the wait was so long!

Rope drop, a good touring plan and FP+ are my best friends!!!

Sorry about your feet.

Christmas 2015 was our first time experiencing Jingle Cruise. The line looked normal for Jungle Cruise so we entered. And because they had wrapped the line along the water front (but you couldn't see it at first), we waited a long time. We liked it but haven't gone on it since.

I like your story! No kids yet, and sometimes feel guilty or otherwise wonder if some mom is going to scold us for being in a character greet line... but we've done them; not all the time. 2015/2016 we filled up the final year of Osborne lights show commemorative shirts with character autographs. I think I'll bring my shirt in Aug., even though it's summer. Thanks for the reminder. Anna/Elsa line was probably the longest we've waited on a character greet. Never waited anything close to that long for a greet. I like AK for the quick greets without much wait, EP has so many.

Thanks! I sure hope no one ever scolds you for waiting to meet a character. You have just as much right as a family with children to be in those lines. I think that's what's great about WDW. Adults get to be kids again. It's wonderful that there's universal appeal in so many aspects of Walt's dream. I love that you have a commemorative shirt with autographs. What a great idea! Glad to hear AK character meets are not too long. We hope to meet Pocahontas on our next trip. We've neglected to make time for that in the past.

I think I've also seen where you could get a temp. disabled pass for pregnant women too. I wonder how much it costs to have one of those CM's guide you around MK and FP everything. Admittedly, I've looked at those families and tried gauge by their clothing how lavish their lifestyles might be.

they got ride of the old GAC and it is now the DAS, you have to go to GR and talk to them about your Disability and why you can not wait. if they think you need it you will be given a DAS and you will be able to return to the ride.

it coast about 400-600 per hour to have a CM show you around with a 7 hour min.

you can do the aultiment day of thrill VIP tour and hit some big rides in 3 of the parks ( rides are pre planed) lots of fun I have done it 2x around 300 for this

Back in December of '94, I think I waited 6 or 7 hours for a *rumored* opening of Alien Encounter. A group of us, who mostly didn't know one another, just sat in front of the entrance and smiled when the CMs would come by and tell us the ride wasn't open. Certainly our "line" wasn't moving anywhere. This was the night of the grand opening of Planet Hollywood, and the word was that Michael Eisner wanted to get the ride fired up so he could show it off to his celebrity buddies.
Eventually we did get in to see the show. (AE wasn't exactly a "show", but neither was it a "ride". I guess that's why they call them "attractions".)
Sadly don't remember AE. Definitely been there for it. But I just don't. Sort of like having no memory of the Tarzan show. I do remember how people argue on whether or not it should have stayed or not.

Last edited:
. . . . Sort of like having no memory of the Tarzan show. . . . .
If you want to go back even farther, try to remember anything about the *Jungle Book* show that was there in the first couple years the park was open!

they got ride of the old GAC and it is now the DAS, you have to go to GR and talk to them about your Disability and why you can not wait. if they think you need it you will be given a DAS and you will be able to return to the ride.

it coast about 400-600 per hour to have a CM show you around with a 7 hour min.

you can do the aultiment day of thrill VIP tour and hit some big rides in 3 of the parks ( rides are pre planed) lots of fun I have done it 2x around 300 for this

Thanks! will have to keep the DAS in mind in the future.
Wow, I can't see how $400-600/yr. would ever be worth it for me anyhow.

Please come back to report your Avatar FP suggestions, wait times, experiences. Hope you have a great time!

Our longest wait has been 25 minutes, for Winnie the Pooh of all things. Thank goodness for an interactive queue, that even felt like a long time, haha. We are very spoiled by first week of September (lack of) crowds. Our November trip scares me a little this year!

Two hours for TSMM in 2013...lesson learned....never again! Thought I had researched a ton for that trip, but found out I had barely scratched the surface. Was much more prepared the next trip and got our longest waits down to about 20-25 minutes.

If you want to go back even farther, try to remember anything about the *Jungle Book* show that was there in the first couple years the park was open!
Nope! but I've only been going since 1987 (perhaps it was discontinued before). I do remember the recent Jungle Book show at AK:).

Two hours for TSMM in 2013...lesson learned....never again! Thought I had researched a ton for that trip, but found out I had barely scratched the surface. Was much more prepared the next trip and got our longest waits down to about 20-25 minutes.
last yr the wait time for TSM really went down after the new loading bay. It was the first time where I could pass by the entrance and see 35 min around noon. Not a gamer at all but jealous of those of us who can hit 400,000+. I'd cheat by reading the online posted secrets and still couldn't get there.

My longest wait for a Disney attraction was about 45 minutes for BTMR. It was very hot and unpleasant but we really wanted to ride it.

Longest wait at any theme park was the Harry Potter area the first year. This was just to get into the land and we waited in line in Jurassic Park for what felt like forever. Forbidden Journey also took a long time that day. I think that they were each just under an hour.

My longest wait for a Disney attraction was about 45 minutes for BTMR. It was very hot and unpleasant but we really wanted to ride it.

Longest wait at any theme park was the Harry Potter area the first year. This was just to get into the land and we waited in line in Jurassic Park for what felt like forever. Forbidden Journey also took a long time that day. I think that they were each just under an hour.
what is BTMR? I know everyone uses a ton of abbrev's, but funny, I honestly don't even know what DH means. It's husband but what enters my head is Designated (watching too much baseball) or Disney. Random, sorry

what is BTMR? I know everyone uses a ton of abbrev's, but funny, I honestly don't even know what DH means. It's husband but what enters my head is Designated (watching too much baseball) or Disney. Random, sorry
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. The abbreviations do get to be a bit much. Or the brevies as I've seen a few say. :rotfl:

75 mins Soarin'. Actual time was about 73 mins so I was impressed at how accurate it was. We usually won't wait more than about 40 minutes because we've done all the rides before, but we had not done Soarin' since it was updated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter