Looking for a DIS meet May 11-19...

Hey girl!!!

I'm hoping to go to both dismeets, since we plan to be in Epcot both days. Just depends on the kids and DH. I'm hoping I can just sneak away to say hello!:goodvibes

For the UK meet, if others have kids too, it might be better to meet in the gardens in back. That way our kids could run around in the maze. Just a thought.

We'll be checking in on the 14th, and it's a PM EMH for AK - something we've never done before. DH is bringing all of his cameras with all of his accessories so he can get some great nighttime shots of the park.

That doesn't mean we can't start our day off at EP and then trot over to AK before dinner, so we might make both meets. I know he has heard some really great things about this years F&G Fest and seen a lot of really great pics already, so I'm sure he's going to want to soak as much of that up as he can in two days.

So, we should be easy to spot. Just look for the DH with 3 cameras around his neck and his ever so faithful DW lugging all the other crap around. :rotfl:

I just thought in front of the Rose & Crown we would be more visable. We can always move it over to the gardens after everyone arrives! :)

TC :cool1:

Either place sounds good to me! We will be wearing our LGMH so if anyone sees us on a different day stop us and say hi we would love to meet people from the DIS!:yay:

We'll be checking in on the 14th, and it's a PM EMH for AK - something we've never done before. DH is bringing all of his cameras with all of his accessories so he can get some great nighttime shots of the park.

That doesn't mean we can't start our day off at EP and then trot over to AK before dinner, so we might make both meets. I know he has heard some really great things about this years F&G Fest and seen a lot of really great pics already, so I'm sure he's going to want to soak as much of that up as he can in two days.

So, we should be easy to spot. Just look for the DH with 3 cameras around his neck and his ever so faithful DW lugging all the other crap around. :rotfl:

Too funny! My DH is a big camera geek, too...so they'll have lots to talk about!

You have to ride Expedition Everest at night -- it is sooo awesomely cool! We did AK PM-EMH too and it was very neat!! Depending on how much we get done Sat at Epcot, we may head over to AK that night too!

Don't forget to check out the ladybug lamps at AK at night!!

I just thought in front of the Rose & Crown we would be more visable. We can always move it over to the gardens after everyone arrives! :)

That's cool!:goodvibes

Either place sounds good to me! We will be wearing our LGMH so if anyone sees us on a different day stop us and say hi we would love to meet people from the DIS!:yay:

Same at ya!!:cool1:

disneynp,

A DIS Meet is what you call a get together of DISers! :earsboy: :earsgirl:

They don't even have to take place at WDW. I have been going to a DIS Meet at Towncrier's house (another DISer) each Sunday before Memorial Day, for the last 10 years! :) I always bring the lime green Mickey cookies. (What would expect from a Tuffcookie! ;))

Anyway, YES, kids are included in these get togethers. The more the merrier!

It's always nice to put a face with the DIS name! :goodvibes

I didn't see EMH hours for AK on the 14th. I will have to look again. At what time does the sun set in mid-may?

I checked again & don't see any EMH--just regular hours til 7. do you have a secret source???

Cool!!! :thumbsup2 where?

let's see.... from this thread...
I'm in Avon,
You are nearby somewhere.... ;)
Tuffcookie is in Barberton
chskover is also in OH.... where?
DisneyDee27... also in OH!!!

How cool is that!!!???:cool1:

How many of you are doing the Scavenger Hunt? DD and I are!!:thumbsup2

I am in Carlisle twp and we are going to be there the same time as you! How interesting. What airline are you flying on. We are on SWA

I didn't see EMH hours for AK on the 14th. I will have to look again. At what time does the sun set in mid-may?

I checked again & don't see any EMH--just regular hours til 7. do you have a secret source???

Yeah...I'm kind of bummed about that. I wasn't aware that AK stopped doing evening EMH a couple of months ago. They were still listed on wdwinfo.com last week, but I had a feeling I should also check the "official" Disney Parks Hours page, and that's when I saw they were not having them.

I was so looking forward to riding EE at night and seeing the ladybug lamps Marshay was talking about. DH was really wanting some evening pics in all the parks, but I guess AK won't be included. Boo. :sad1:

But....this means that we can probably go to both DISmeets on Sat and Sun, or at least we'll try.

Would love to meet up with & meet you all. I'm coming in from California for May 11-17. Isn't anyone attending the D23's Destination D: Walt Disney World 40th at the Walt Disney World Resort on May 14-15?

I would be willing to sneak out of the D23 Event to meet at Epcot.

:cat::ccat::simba::tigger:

Disney Cat, I'm going to be at the Destination D event, can't wait!

My DD told me about the meet on May 15th. If anyone is welcome I would love to meet some Disers. I love this site and Disney.

My DD told me about the meet on May 15th. If anyone is welcome I would love to meet some Disers. I love this site and Disney.

Cool! See you there.... are you doing the happy dance? I am ....so close...this month will go fast!:cool1:

Cool! See you there.... are you doing the happy dance? I am ....so close...this month will go fast!:cool1:

As much as I want the weeks to fly by so I can be at Disney, I have entirely too much to do before then!! I'm a non-trad college student, and our semester is ending in 2 weeks. I've got 3 research papers, 2 display projects, a group test, application essay and cover letter still to do. :scared1:

Can someone please send some fairy dust my way??

As much as I want the weeks to fly by so I can be at Disney, I have entirely too much to do before then!! I'm a non-trad college student, and our semester is ending in 2 weeks. I've got 3 research papers, 2 display projects, a group test, application essay and cover letter still to do. :scared1:

Can someone please send some fairy dust my way??

Hey, did you hear about the Disney-Pixar days in Epcot May 13-15? I am soooo excited. I copied the info in my PTR (see Link, page 6 I believe) if you want to see more.

They are having all these characters -- so many that I've never even seen before!!

I want the month to fly by too. But, more importantly I want to be able to get around when I get there. I was Diagnosed with Melanoma 2 months ago. Had surgery March 16th. I was hospitalized twice as long as I thought and I have been pretty much flat in bed with toes above the nose since. I go back to the doctors on th 26th and hopefully can start walking around after that. then hopefully go back to work for a week or so before vacation.(not sure my boss will like that):confused3
Our trip was scheduled long before this surprise during my annual physical. I may have to ride in a scooter if I can not walk that much but I think it still will be amazing. I will worry about following treatments after vacation.
Any extra pixie dust to help would be great.....

I want the month to fly by too. But, more importantly I want to be able to get around when I get there. I was Diagnosed with Melanoma 2 months ago. Had surgery March 16th. I was hospitalized twice as long as I thought and I have been pretty much flat in bed with toes above the nose since. I go back to the doctors on th 26th and hopefully can start walking around after that. then hopefully go back to work for a week or so before vacation.(not sure my boss will like that):confused3
Our trip was scheduled long before this surprise during my annual physical. I may have to ride in a scooter if I can not walk that much but I think it still will be amazing. I will worry about following treatments after vacation.

So sorry to hear that...our pixie dust and prayers are with you. Have a great trip!

Sending lots of pixie dust your way!!!!
hope and pray you are up and running around for your vacation and that all your treatments go great!!:hug:

We will be there the same time! maybe we will run into each other! :goodvibes

so sorry to hear this happened...I really hope doc gives you the A-OK to start walking. Disney can be a powerful healing place and motivator, too. Definitely get a scooter. You can rent them much cheaper off-property (approx $100-150/week) than through Disney (approx $45/day).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter