• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Lots of Availability

accm

DIS Veteran
I thought it might be worthwhile to post this on its own thread. If you've been looking for a room in October to December, check out the site. There's lots of availability across multiple resorts/room types, including some hard to get reservations.

I can't promise it's not a glitch though.

Yea, that's interesting. And sad that our first thought is that it might be a tech glitch - maybe because we've seen it before. I've read there seem to be a number of people (especially those from outside the US) cancelling fall trips. I wonder if that might actually be opening up some things.

Wild it looks like 1 of each room type opened almost across the board at one point when the booking tool became live. It was still down early this morning when I tried.

Yea, that's interesting. And sad that our first thought is that it might be a tech glitch - maybe because we've seen it before. I've read there seem to be a number of people (especially those from outside the US) cancelling fall trips. I wonder if that might actually be opening up some things.
I wonder if people were cancelling and the website was holding all those cancelled trips, and the maintenance they did last night released them? I have no idea, but I've been stalking the site for a while now, and have never seen that much availability for that time period.

I wonder if people were cancelling and the website was holding all those cancelled trips, and the maintenance they did last night released them? I have no idea, but I've been stalking the site for a while now, and have never seen that much availability for that time period.
It’s all time periods, I looked into my February dates and everything was showing at least some availability when almost all studios were already gone except a day here or there. When I open the monthly view it’s the whole month of February showing for a lot of these rooms, this definitely wasn’t the case yesterday. Possibly people canceling but that seems to widespread for me to buy it.

I thought it might be worthwhile to post this on its own thread. If you've been looking for a room in October to December, check out the site. There's lots of availability across multiple resorts/room types, including some hard to get reservations.

I can't promise it's not a glitch though.
I booked two nights in a two bedroom at BCV earlier this morning. I’ve been trying to get these two nights for about 5 months.

My thoughts were that people are canceling their WDW vacations due to the pandemic, not because of a glitch.

I checked my February waitlist and BCV one bedroom still not available there.

I expect if people cancel, the next folks getting access would be those on a waitlist. Then once the waitlist is done, they would go back to general availability. So much availability showing up seems odd. But I hope it's the real thing, and those looking for rooms might grab them!

I expect if people cancel, the next folks getting access would be those on a waitlist. Then once the waitlist is done, they would go back to general availability. So much availability showing up seems odd. But I hope it's the real thing, and those looking for rooms might grab them!
From my understanding, that's not really how the waitlist works. If you look at the waitlist thread, lots of people are able to get their reservation by stalking the website before the waitlist comes through.

The inventory is bookable but I still find it odd I was literally seeing full availability in studios for presidents week a few mins ago. It’s very quickly getting taken up but like I said above these rooms were booked solid a month ago. Seems near impossible the are all cancellations unless they were being held back at some point.

The inventory is bookable but I still find it odd I was literally seeing full availability in studios for presidents week a few mins ago. It’s very quickly getting taken up but like I said above these rooms were booked solid a month ago. Seems near impossible the are all cancellations unless they were being held back at some point.
It does almost seem to fit into that 'too good to be true' category, doesn't it?

Geez, hope it's not a glitch!

Picked up a Jambo value studio for one night at the beginning of a week long stay in a standard. I did go back to see whether the night was still showing availability in a value, and it wasn't. so I felt better LOL

Edited to add: it is showing in my dashboard so it appears to be OK... for now!

I really hope it's not a glitch, we were able to score 12 nights at Copper Creek during Christmas. We are keeping our BLT for now just in case it is a glitch but my dreams of Christmas at the lodge, especially a studio, were something I never thought I'd see become a reality...Ahh, I really hope it's not a glitch

I booked 4 nights at BLT and one night at WL. Sure hope it's not a glitch.

I've been looking several times a day for months and saw nothing, nothing , and more nothing for studios.

I’m not seeing many rooms available? Maybe they fixed the glitch?
I think it's just people making reservations, but there's still a lot of availability, specially compared to yesterday, when there was essentially nothing.

Even if it’s a glitch the system is honoring them as booked reservations. It seems like it’s 1 room availability in each category with how quickly I watched them disappear. What was the resolution to the akl value glitch a couple years ago? How did they go about dealing with that?

I was able to snag 2 nights at Saratoga (studio) that I had an active waitlist for. I shocked to see that my waitlist didn't come through yet the nights were available. I quickly grabbed them! So far it's showing up accurately on my dashboard so it doesn't appear to be a glitch.

I notice that this morning too. I am going the week before President's day and was able to snag the 2 nights I had waitlisted. I need to contact MS to get reservations merged; so hopefully I won't find out it was a glitch when I contact them at 9:00

I was able to snag 2 nights at Saratoga (studio) that I had an active waitlist for. I shocked to see that my waitlist didn't come through yet the nights were available. I quickly grabbed them! So far it's showing up accurately on my dashboard so it doesn't appear to be a glitch.

One thing we are learning is that many times a waitlist has matched but not been processed when another room opens up.

Since the system doesn’t note that, it’s always best to keep stalking. But I have picked up my second choice, canceled the wait list and immediately now opens a room.

That tells me I had the match already. Happened to often not to be a coincidence.

Glad you got the room and I do hope this is not a system glitch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter