Lots of Availability

I was able to get a room for Wine & Dine marathon weekend, but I haven't yet canceled my cash reservation out of fear that it's a glitch.
Even if it was a glitch, what are the chances that they will not at least offer me some sort of room? I'm going to wait 30 days before I get too excited about it, but I'm thinking that there's a pretty good chance that I'll get something on property with the points.
Is the general rule just not to answer when DVC calls, LOL?

I notice that this morning too. I am going the week before President's day and was able to snag the 2 nights I had waitlisted. I need to contact MS to get reservations merged; so hopefully I won't find out it was a glitch when I contact them at 9:00

I also would not cancel the waitlist until you know for sure you have the rooms you secured.

Awesome! I moved from CCV to BCV for a 1 night 1 BR stay before our studio Food and Wine week starts at BCV. Had to tack an extra day on front end due to flight schedules, and the only availability was at CCV (until today)!

Thanks for the heads up :) Still have that studio night waitlisted so we won't have to move, but at least same resort.

I hope it isn't a glitch, but I also didn't want to mess with any reservation that I couldn't afford to lose.

I left the irreplaceable ones unaltered (50th anniversary, Thanksgiving week, Marathon weekend) and modified only my first week of December one that, if cancelled, I'll just go to Universal instead.

I truly hope I'm just overly cautious.

One thing we are learning is that many times a waitlist has matched but not been processed when another room opens up.

Since the system doesn’t note that, it’s always best to keep stalking. But I have picked up my second choice, canceled the wait list and immediately now opens a room.

That tells me I had the match already. Happened to often not to be a coincidence.

Glad you got the room and I do hope this is not a system glitch.

The last 5 times I've been able to stalk a room I've had waitlisted, it did not appear on the RAT as soon as I canceled the waitlist (I checked each time.)

I think there's something we're missing about how waitlists match.

I dropped a 1-BR value (I know, I know) for a 2- BR Saratoga Springs for the week of October 16-23. I needed the extra room for my parents who decided to come with my family. Had a waitlist, been stalking the site for weeks. Opened this morning and got it.

How long is the hold......We are all waiting to hear what they say. Do I want to sit here and wait or start the laundry......hmmmm let me think on this...
10 minutes ago it was around 45 minutes.

Our spring break is the first week of April. I was shocked to see that the entire week is available in a value studio! Of course, we are going to HHI that week, but still....I couldn't believe an entire week was available in April!

THey need to hurry up. I've got a meeting at 10 that I need to be on. I really don't want to hang up and lose my place in line.
Tell me about it. I have calls I need to make for work, but I feel like if I try calling later the wait will be way longer.

The booking tool is "down for maintenance" again, which is what I showed when I tried to look at it around 6:30 EST this morning. Wonder if another batch will go out when it comes back. I'm still trying to get a Studio for Oct. 2-3rd so I don't have to use my points on a 1 BR for one person.

I sure hope the 8 night island view studio I scored (through modification) early this am at Aulani for January sticks! I already received email confirmation and have taken screenshots of everything also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter