Lots of Availability

It's back up but doesn't seem to be any unexpected availability. I hope those of you who were able to book earlier don't get "the call" 🤞...

If you booked a hard-to-find studio earlier this morning, I wouldn't answer your phone if it shows a 407 number for a couple of days!

Thanks for the updates on the thread! SWA has been playing with our flights and we are looking at flying in the day prior and was just able to snag a Jambo House Savannah View Studio for 1 night just in case...

I was just able to go in and modify a HHI stay in May but then it booted me out when I tried to go to my dashboard. Went back in and saw all the availability at BWV & BRV that I saw early this am when I checked.

So far my modified Saratoga Springs reservations are in tact. My old 1-BR value is long gone.

MS said the reservation I made this morning looks good on their end. I'm planning on asking if he knows anything about all the rooms that became available this morning.

My modification is in tact as well. Do you think they were holding back some inventory, then decided to release it?
No, I don't.

FWIW, I think we are seeing the effect of cancellations made this past weekend. It's approaching the 31 day mark for the 50th and international travelers are still not able to come. Couple that with the increasing number of COVID cases in Florida, and those who were holding out hoping things would return to "normal" in the parks are giving up.

I still have a few more weeks to decide whether or not to cancel our October trip.

Last edited:
I'm new to DVC, but is that something they can do?

I'm new here as well so take anything I say with a grain of salt.

I know that they pulled a cash room from their inventory to accommodate my welcome home trip. So there must be an allocation of rooms dedicated to cash customers within the DVC resorts.

Then I've heard that Disney owns a percentage of all points at each resort per the law. Maybe the booked rooms for these periods of time with those points to reduce capacity due to COVID or something else but now they are releasing them.

Again, I'm sure some of the experts here will poke all kinds of holes in what I'm saying but that's my best guess.

No, I don't.

FWIW, I think we are seeing the effect of cancellations made this past weekend. It's approaching the 31 day mark for the 50th and international travelers are still not able to come. Couple that with the increasing number of COVID cases in Florida, and those who were holding out hoping things would return to "normal" in the parks are giving up.

I still have a few more weeks to decide whether or not to cancel our October trip.
I wish I had taken some screen shots this morning, but I have a very hard time believe that was the case. I was looking for a reservation for Nov 5th, and was seeing full weeks for almost all resorts in most room categories available, compared to last night when I last checked, and there was nothing available. I doubt that many people cancelled overnight, while the site was down.

Last edited by a moderator:
And it took exactly 15 min with hold times to combine my reservations.
Mine was 20 minutes, but I also had MS add a note to my BCV waitlist to replace my BWV reservation. I also got him to double check that that reservation is actually legit, since I'm still not sure I trust their system.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter