Lots of Availability

Lots of available but it’s having that weird glitch where the available days are showing as light blue snd then if I click them it says “continue to waitlist “. Anyone know how to get around this?
Pre-select the dates that you want that you know are available. That way it will give you the option to continue even though the calendar shows as not available. Once you click around on the calendar the only option wil be WL.

Pre-select the dates that you want that you know are available. That way it will give you the option to continue even though the calendar shows as not available. Once you click around on the calendar the only option with be WL.
Awesome! Thank you!

the random dump of days is crazy lately. I can barely keep up. My waitlist ends in 6 days.

the random dump of days is crazy lately. I can barely keep up. My waitlist ends in 6 days.
Hope you get your dates. I really think the availability is due to cancellations, esp by international members. Also, we are approaching the 30 day mark for stays over the 50th. Again, good luck to all hoping for availability for their dates.

Last edited:
I have been stalking the site for Aulani for a few days anytime over the 2 week Christmas break. I nearly had a stroke last Tuesday when it popped up....it showed studio, 1bdrm, 2bdrm and 3 bdrm all available for several weeks in a row. The main thing I noticed was that they were all in the Island/Garden View category. Like they all got dumped in at one time or something! I was able to score a studio for Christmas Day through NYE! I was scared it was a glitch as well, but still shows up on my ressies!

I've had waitlists at at SSR for both studio types for 10/2-10/4 for awhile now, but was still stalking multiple times a time. Managed to grab those two nights in a Poly lake view yesterday afternoon! It did have the glitch of being available, but showing not available in the calendar tool. I just clicked through since the dates were already selected. Booking went through without any issues.

I asked this in a separate thread but maybe this is a better place:

In my desperate search for one night at any DVC resort in December where there has been no inventory available, I accidentally checked the “Accessible Room” box where there is a lot of inventory available. I know these rooms should be booked by those who need them but my question is, do they eventually get released into regular inventory if no one books them in a certain timeframe? I know they don’t let them sit empty since folks sometimes get an accessible room without asking for/wanting one.

We benefited from the recent openings in avaialbility. Originally had AKV:J 1 bedroom for 9/2-9/5, but had been watching for BLT for the first two nights and a 5 person studio for the last night. Well, last night on a whim, I clicked accessible options, and a whole slew of rooms opened up... a lot more than I expected. Mananged to switch to BLT and RIV hearing accessible rooms without losing any of our points to holding.

Last edited:
We benefited from the recent openings in avaialbility. Originally had AKV:J 1 bedroom for 9/2-9/5, but had been watching for BLT for the first two nights and a 5 person studio for the last night. Well, last night on a whim, I clicked accessible options, and a whole slew of rooms opened up... a lot more than I expected. Mananged to switch to BLT and RIV hearing accessible rooms without losing any of our points to holding.

I'm seeing the same hearing accessible rooms at BLT. I'm curious what makes them hearing accessible.

I'm seeing the same hearing accessible rooms at BLT. I'm curious what makes them hearing accessible.
That's what I'm curious about myself. With two deaf people in my party (myself and my twin), we've looked at these in the past, but never booked. Depending on how the room is laid out, it may be something I'm gonna consider for future solo trips or trips with people other than my family.

The BLT room is a FL special Hearing Accessible room, so we're hoping it has enough spacing for the ECV and wheelchair in our party as well.

In my desperate search for one night at any DVC resort in December where there has been no inventory available, I accidentally checked the “Accessible Room” box where there is a lot of inventory available. I know these rooms should be booked by those who need them but my question is, do they eventually get released into regular inventory if no one books them in a certain timeframe? I know they don’t let them sit empty since folks sometimes get an accessible room without asking for/wanting one.
That’s interesting as the inventory I’m seeing in accessible rooms doesn’t display when searching without the option checked. I’ve never really selected that option as I prefer to not have these rooms being a taller person, sometimes things are moved lower to help with accessibly which is not what I want and usually request not to have them. But if they were going to sit empty and I really needed the room I would book them. Anyone have any insight on this? Also would never want to take a room from someone who really needs it but I would imagine at least than 60 days they would be booked already if needed.

• Visual Alarm
  • Visual Door Knock/Doorbell Alert
  • Visual Telephone Call Alert
  • Telephone with Volume Control
  • Electrical Outlet Near Telephone Jack
  • TTY Available Upon Request at Check-In
This was a couple of years ago so I'm not sure if there any other added features or not.

I don't have an answer to your question, but I do find this interesting. There are actually a couple of rooms we would have considered for labor day weekend that are available with the accessible option, but I'm not going to book them as it would not feel right to me.

Add me to this list of curiosity… I dont Want to take a room from someone who needs it but if it’s still sitting there the day before my trip I’d hate to see it sit empty.

I don't have an answer to your question, but I do find this interesting. There are actually a couple of rooms we would have considered for labor day weekend that are available with the accessible option, but I'm not going to book them as it would not feel right to me.
That’s my feeling too, but I’m looking at bay lake tower studios available over the 50th weekend and wondering how often do these rooms not get booked? I already have rooms to begin with but just decided to check for fun and was shocked to see a multiple stuido options available or beach club available pretty much the next 6 weeks while nothing is available in regular studios. My thought was they might go unused frequently and DVC uses them when rooms go down unexpectedly for maintenance. I always wonder how DVC manages things like that operating at 100% almost at all times.

I was amazed at how much was still available, because the last time we looked at handicapped rooms a while ago (different trip. Perhaps April/May), there hadn't been any available at all leading up to our trip which we'd had to rearrange multiple times due to someone joining us. We can get by with the standard rooms, but it does make it a bit easier on my twin and father to have the HA rooms.

Is this a new phenomenon where accessible rooms seem to have great availability while regular rooms do not? I'm looking at the Tower studios at Riviera and they are available on a ton of dates in SEPT thru October. There seems to be a ton of accessible rooms compared to non accessible rooms over that time frame.

I'm wondering if the accessible rooms have been dropping the same as the other rooms but the majority of people aren't watching for them so they've sat there longer?? I would have thought that they would become bookable once all other rooms are already booked. Who knows anymore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter