• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Lots of Availability

From my understanding, that's not really how the waitlist works. If you look at the waitlist thread, lots of people are able to get their reservation by stalking the website before the waitlist comes through.
I agree. I've been stalking the site daily for 2 months trying to fill out a holiday trip. Not much luck though. I have waitlist set up, but to no avail so far.

If you have a waitlist, I would call. I called tonight to combine some individual nights into a common reservation tonight and a waitlist "magically was filled" at BWV. The RAT still showed no availability, but MS saw the night I wanted and the next 3 nights even. I think the availability from all cancellations is just not making it to the RAT.

If you have a waitlist, I would call. I called tonight to combine some individual nights into a common reservation tonight and a waitlist "magically was filled" at BWV. The RAT still showed no availability, but MS saw the night I wanted and the next 3 nights even. I think the availability from all cancellations is just not making it to the RAT.
Congrats! What dates and category did you get?

Congrats! What dates and category did you get?
I already had Jan 23 and 24 in BWV P/G studio. My "filled" WL was the 25th. They offered the 26, 27, and 28. I did not have a WL, but a separate reservation at SSR for those nights. They were asking me if I wanted those nights as well and the RAT showed (and still shows) no availability.

I called them yesterday but wasn't as lucky. Still nothing showing on their end for the one night we need to be able to bridge two reservations.

I already had Jan 23 and 24 in BWV P/G studio. My "filled" WL was the 25th. They offered the 26, 27, and 28. I did not have a WL, but a separate reservation at SSR for those nights. They were asking me if I wanted those nights as well and the RAT showed (and still shows) no availability.

Congratulations!

I was shocked that our waitlist for a 1 BR at BCV came through for our mid-September trip. I kept it alive up until 7 days from checkin. I had just modified our Saratoga 1BR to a BWV 1BR BW view. A couple hours later, I get an email and I think it's the welcome for the BWV ressie. It was the welcome for the BCV waitlist room. I was really surprised the waitlist came through.

I have a BCV studio 9/29 thru 10/5 but I'm going to drop it if I can fill one last night at CCV. Perhaps I'll post a heads up here first so someone from these forums looking for a studio for the 50th weekend can grab it.

I hope you get it but we have asked people not post when canceling since the threads would be filled with them. Thanks!

Does anyone have experience with these ghost rooms? Rooms that are showing up as available in search results, but they're light blue as if they're unavailable, and if you click on the date before clicking continue they switch to waitlist? I'm amazed by the amount of availability in September if these ghost rooms are actually bookable rooms.

I hope some people who were able to book a ghost room will be able to share their experiences soon, I'm a bit nervous without hearing the 'all clear' from someone with a successful trip!

Not to be a conspiracy theorist 😅 but I wonder if this is being done intentionally to hide how much availability there currently is, with Disney/Chapek saying Delta is having zero affect on park attendance 😬

I hope some people who were able to book a ghost room will be able to share their experiences soon, I'm a bit nervous without hearing the 'all clear' from someone with a successful trip!

Not to be a conspiracy theorist 😅 but I wonder if this is being done intentionally to hide how much availability there currently is, with Disney/Chapek saying Delta is having zero affect on park attendance 😬

I have a "ghost room" reserved for this Saturday at HHI... I will report back.

Back on 8/16 I booked a ghost room at the Poly for 10/2-10/4. Booking went through no problem. The res is still showing in my Dashboard, and in MDE.

I have a "ghost room" reserved for this Saturday at HHI... I will report back.

For both our sakes, I hope the ghost rooms are real rooms at check in.

Back on 8/16 I booked a ghost room at the Poly for 10/2-10/4. Booking went through no problem. The res is still showing in my Dashboard, and in MDE.

For both our sakes, I hope the ghost rooms are real rooms at check in.
They're legit. I actually had so many individual "ghost room" days booked that someone from DVC called me and asked if she could merge a few into one reservation. I have another booking I'm going to cancel when I pick up the last day hopefully and I think she was making sure I wanted to keep that one, too. Still, I appreciated the call.

Not sure if I have found a bug but for the last 2 weeks I have been walking a reservation each day through July into August, when I went on today, I was able to add almost a week on until August 3rd in the 1 bedroom AKV Value

Almost got my whole trip as I planned now so really happy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter