Magic cruise on 11/30

I'll be wearing my bright orange Tigger t-shirt, hopefully DH & DS will too. I figure it will make it easier to find each other in the port - planning on having DH drop off DS & I then return the Avis rental.

Have to add that I'll also have checkered lime green ribbon on me and my carry-ons - thanks (Jody) wovenwonder

I don't think we have met before. Welcome to the November 30th Magic cruise! How old is your daughter? Mine will be 5.5 yo. We don't have any plans for dressing, but I think I better get some ribbons. I will try to visit our local craft store soon.
I know that you are all from the tri-state area, but does Ontario count it that? We are really, really close????

Just realized that you started this thread. I am getting so confused regarding who I have met, and who I haven't. Is your daughter not coming with you this time?

Cameron and Vincent are very close in age. Vincent will be 4 on Feb 6th. Just about 2 weeks apart. I'm having a breakdown because we got our documents today (10/17) and I was telling him how the Mommy's will stay with the Mommy's and the Daddy's with the Dad's and the kids with the kids and he started freaking out. Screaming that he wanted to stay with us. Oh no!!

He goes to school and daycare, what's up with him? I told him that he won't see mickey if he doesn't hang with the kids. (is that bad?)

Laurie..
that's so weird about us...they call my husband Johnny too.

I'm not very crafty and I definitely don't have a bright orange tigger shirt (although maybe I can get one) but we definitely have to meet.

We are only about 15 minutes from Newark but believe it or not, it is the suburbs. We are leaving on thanksgiving too but we are flying out at 2:30 in the afternoon and spending 2 nights at the Dolphin first.

Hope we don't have any of those nightmare flight stories to tell. We had enough of those last year when we went to Cancun.

Hey Lori,
I asked Matthew's teacher for some help in that dept. He talks about Matthew going on the boat, and how they have school there too cause Mom+Dad have to do some work. He told Matt that it is a different kind of school you just play with new friends, Mickey ect. afnd have a blast. It seems to be working but time will tell! SO......one little white lie.....LOL!!! We will be flying down on the 12:30 or 2:45 to early to make a choice. The only problem this time of year...usually!....is with the weather, you know the northeast! Last year I think it was warm for Thanksgiving,lets have no snow this year!!!!Laurie:eek:

Since there are sooo many of us who have all the scoop on Palos and the spa, I was wondering what everyone was planning.

Im hoping for Palos on either formal or semi-formal night. Hopefully renting DH a tux for those 2 nights but I honestly dont think I can get him dressed up the other nights.
Of course brunch not on the same day as dinner but not on the day we have our char brkfst.
Would like to plan high tea too but not sure if we can book all 3.

The spa we may just plan a day for the Rainforest. Whichever day isnt busy with Palos.

Ok guys - fess up - whos gonna conflict with me here? Maybe we can join each other for dinner/brunch?

Lori,
I will be worried about my kids going to the club right up until the day we are there. But, what I have been doing is talking about the club, showing them photos (from Barb's and Dave's sites) and telling them that Buzz, Snow White and others will be there. My son is so excited about the fact that there is a big Buzz statue in the lab. We plan on keeping the kids with us on the port days (and they know this).
We have gone on many vacations where there are kids clubs, so they know what to expect. We also tell them that Mommy and Daddy have some adult stuff that we need to do. In the past we used to tell them that we have work to do (just like your teacher did). It has always worked, but now that my daughter is 5.5 I feel that we can tell her the truth (and it seems to be working).

Barb,
We plan on doing Palos (haven't figured out which night, but it won't be Formal night). We are going to do the Surreal Bath, but I don't know when yet. Probably a week before the trip I will be doing some SERIOUS planning. We are probably going to do the Champagne Brunch, just because everyone says it is so great. I wouldn't have normally bothered, but if everyone keeps saying it is great......

Hi Linda,
I'm with you....I am not big on brunches but I have heard good things about it too, so we will most likely give it a shot. (maybe a shot of something good haha)
We will have 2 days at the Radisson so I will do my planning then. I figure I will have a clear mind. Yeah right- Laurie

my mind will definately NOT be clear 2 days or even a week before we leave for the cruise! Im going with all 3 scenarios in hand and hoping for the best

haha... you are such a good planner Barb! I have done the 3 scenarios too but haven't made a concrete decision on which night I want Palos. I know which nights I don't want Palos, and now I have narrowed it down to probably 2 choices per scenario. That is probably the best way to go anyway, just in case our first choice is taken.

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :D :D :D :D Hey all.....talking with the wife last night and said it is almost time to start looking for the documents from DCL for our 11/30 cruise....she called me at work today to say...guess what came....yup...the documents came...and they added a sticker on the envelope to remind everyone that they need a birth certificate with a raised seal...not a photocopy...so ofcouse I ask the wife if she knows about that...she assures me that we have the proper documentation....gonna check tomorrow....just want to make sure since they claim they will deny boarding if you do not have the proper certificate...not gonna happen to me....LOL....anyway...keep a look out....6 weeks away.....yippee....cannot wait....relaxing on the comfortable chairs...great food...great service....nice crew members....meeting all you nice people from the DIS boards.....great shows....great treatment.....Castaway Cay.....wish it was tomorrow instead of 6 weeks....anyway....have a good one all....until next time....Tom

Nope...I paid with good old american dollars...unfortunately no disney vacation club for us....but it may be in the future!
Tom:bounce: :Pinkbounc

Hi Tom,
I know we still have a long way to go, but I have a feeling my tickets will be pier pickup....what a bummer. Oh it must be they are thinking about upgrading me to the WD Suite! LOL

Laurie - I really do hope you get your docs before youre at the pier. As you know we booked on points but got our docs late yesterday afternoon. If you go to the WDW suite, we're all going with you!
Poor DS - I made him open the box in the backseat of the car! "Mom I cant open the box - Im gonna throw this out the window!" Oh wow - could you have seen me if he really did?! I would have had to stop on the highway!

Don't worry Barb, Johnny and I are really good at sharing the weath.............thats why we are so broke!!!!LOL

Barb,
Am I seeing things or can I dare say that in 5hrs and 9min we can say we are in the thirties? (that would be from Thanksgiving)?:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

at 1:31 today I can say Im in the 30s - my countdown is from 130 Turkey day!! do you know what time youre leaving your house?
Im almost at the point now that Im thinking it's too close! Ive been making little notes of things to do/buy but putting it all aside - now it's time to actually get them done!!
:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

We will be flying out around 10am. I would like to get to the airport around 8/830. We have to park in a different city and take the bus in so if I get to the lot at 8a I'll be doing ok. Yesterday I made a list of all the HBA things I need to get. It looks like a $200 trip to CVS. I will try to pick up a few things here and there so I wont be too shocking. I have to go to the salon and get all of our hair stuff. That will be an easy $100. Got to look fab!!!! Johnny is just as bad as I am in that department,and Matthew says "Mommy you forgot to gel me" Like father like son I guess.
You will get a kick out of them they bicker like brothers. Give me a break...there is a 32 year difference...who is the ADULT!!!!LOL

just went shopping again - DS & I got new socks & undies - DH got a new shortsleeve blue w/tiny red & white stripe shirt for Small World night - also got Fuji indoor/outdoor disposable camera (have 7 rolls for other camera & DS has Fuji underwater camera from Michelle for his b'day- thank you) and a 2nd SeaBands. DH insists he will not be getting sea sick so if he does he wont be prepared - told me not to buy him anything.

So do you guys know what you're wearing when? What is left to shop for? Where in the store would they have overthedoor holder?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter