MagicBands + Margaritas + Muggles + Minions = TRP. New TR link is up! 10/31

And my brain is completely addled. :lmao:

Largely due to what seems to be a sinus infection, I'll know more after my doctors appointment today. Thankfully it didn't impact the trip, sore/scratchy throat started towards the end and it really wasn't until we got home that it kicked into higher gear. Hard to tell for sure, I am prone to getting this kind of thing with flying a lot and lots of hotel room/recycled air stays but Jeff has it too (though milder).

It was a GREAT trip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! First time Jeff and I have done Disney without the kids. I've done it on girls trips of course but this was a first for us as a couple. It was a very different trip and a very very good one! I do plan to do the Spring Marching Band trip to DL first though (or it will never happen) and hope to kick that off next week.

Final thoughts and recap hopefully this weekend for this baby. Thanks to all for your patience, I know I've been inconsistent here with the updates and largely MIA everywhere else. Which is not entirely true, I've lurked a lot and read on my phone, but haven't posted a ton on all your threads. I do hope to start to rectify that a bit.

Sorry to hear that you've gotten some sort of illness while on the trip. Hopefully, it's something that the doctor can get cleared up pretty quickly and easily. I'm anxious to hear about the trip but will wait patiently for you to begin.

Welcome back! I'm gkad to hear what a nice trip it was. Looking forward to whatever TRs you care to share.

On another note, it looks like we'll be heading your way in a little over a month. As we were discussing spending Thanksgiving at Knott's Brunch, Fran got a novel idea. She decided that her arthritis is under control enough and with no holes in her leg and other medical maladies, we should fly up to my sister's and have Thanksgiving with the whole Jordan clan. We're finalizing flights today and hope to have a plan for hotel rooms over the weekend. Maybe we can squeeze in a meet up for lunch or coffee.

I'm sorry you've gone down with something. I had mine just about over right before the trip and then it started up again on Marco (the rain, air conditioning and then heat and humidity and more rain sure didn't help at all).

Sounds like you had a wonderful vacation! Sorry that you picked up something unpleasant though. Hope you feel better soon! Unfortunately it is starting to be the season for colds again with fall arriving.

I totally forgot that you also have the Disneyland trip to write about! Am looking forward to read about both trips!

Sounds like you had a great vacation, Cynthia - well, it looked like it by the pictures on FB.
There is nothing worse than coming home from a great vacation and falling ill. Get well soon.

Sorry to hear that you've gotten some sort of illness while on the trip. Hopefully, it's something that the doctor can get cleared up pretty quickly and easily. I'm anxious to hear about the trip but will wait patiently for you to begin.

Thanks Lisa, I am SO behind on your thread I feel horrible! I need to get over there. It's officially a sinus infection and was on the verge of an ear infection as well. Bleh. Hopefully by tomorrow the antibiotics will have kicked in.

Welcome home friends. :goodvibes

Thanks friend!

Welcome back! I'm gkad to hear what a nice trip it was. Looking forward to whatever TRs you care to share.

It was wonderful

On another note, it looks like we'll be heading your way in a little over a month. As we were discussing spending Thanksgiving at Knott's Brunch, Fran got a novel idea. She decided that her arthritis is under control enough and with no holes in her leg and other medical maladies, we should fly up to my sister's and have Thanksgiving with the whole Jordan clan. We're finalizing flights today and hope to have a plan for hotel rooms over the weekend. Maybe we can squeeze in a meet up for lunch or coffee.

:cool1::cool1: That is great news. We will be around that entire weekend and I would absolutely love to see you guys, we all would!

If you want any input on hotels etc feel free to email me or PM or whatever :goodvibes

I'm sorry you've gone down with something. I had mine just about over right before the trip and then it started up again on Marco (the rain, air conditioning and then heat and humidity and more rain sure didn't help at all).

AC and Flying does it to be every time. I was overdue and in reality suspected I was fighting one off before we left. I'm just happy it was pretty dormant for the majority of the trip, sore throat started the last couple of days of the cruise and it stayed like that with some voice loss at the end. It didn't get bad till we got back and I am happy for that. Luckily I've 2 weeks before the next round of trips start up so time to kick it (and the antibiotics should help!)

Sounds like you had a wonderful vacation! Sorry that you picked up something unpleasant though. Hope you feel better soon! Unfortunately it is starting to be the season for colds again with fall arriving.

It is the season and as my doctor said, I usually get these about once a year. Funny thing is the last time I had it like this was before our Aulani trip so I've had a nice run in the interim.

I totally forgot that you also have the Disneyland trip to write about! Am looking forward to read about both trips!

I know, it's horrid how behind I am. I've never had this kind of volume of trips (and am unlikely to ever again lol) but it does have me backed up on TR's!

Sounds like you had a great vacation, Cynthia - well, it looked like it by the pictures on FB.
There is nothing worse than coming home from a great vacation and falling ill. Get well soon.

Oh, getting sick while on vacation would be far worse! I am grateful it held off till we got back. It was a great vacation!!!

Hope you are feeling better and I'm glad the start of your illness did not bring you down during the trip.

Enjoying Disney without the kids is really a special thing. :rotfl2: It has been over 20 years since Mark and I have been to Disney just the two of us, and as much as we love our family trips, we frequently look at each other and comment "This would be REALLY fun without the boys"

Can't wait to hear about your DL adventures and then your cruise/WDW trip!!!

:cool1:

PS- I have been doing my best to write my two reports at a very...slow...pace... :snail: so you can catch up easily!

Welcome Home !!!!

Sorry about the sinus thing.

A Couple trip during Food and Wine is :cloud9:

First DL - no rush but I leave in just a tad over 3 weeks. ;)

Welcome back! Sounds like you had a great time. Look forward to reading all about it.

We did! Thanks

Hope you are feeling better and I'm glad the start of your illness did not bring you down during the trip.

Thankfully no, it wasn't really a factor on the trip. A bit of an annoyance the last couple days but not a factor really.

Getting better, little by little, hoping tomorrow has things much more cleared up but it is improving slowly. All the dust I inhaled yesterday helping my folks move (and will again today) did not really help but what can you do?

Enjoying Disney without the kids is really a special thing. :rotfl2: It has been over 20 years since Mark and I have been to Disney just the two of us, and as much as we love our family trips, we frequently look at each other and comment "This would be REALLY fun without the boys"

You really need to do a couples trip!!!! During food and wine!!!

Can't wait to hear about your DL adventures and then your cruise/WDW trip!!!

:cool1:

PS- I have been doing my best to write my two reports at a very...slow...pace... :snail: so you can catch up easily!

YAY! I hope to pop over your way tonight :goodvibes

Welcome Home !!!!

Sorry about the sinus thing.

A Couple trip during Food and Wine is :cloud9:

First DL - no rush but I leave in just a tad over 3 weeks. ;)

Yeah, it's a bit of a drag but I will live. I've got some serious work to do though once I kick it, between foot issues after the half, work trips, vacation and the sinus thing, my exercise schedule overall has been very very bad/non existent! BLEH. I tried to run on Weds and it was that that convinced me I needed to go see the doctor. No bueno. Wah.

:lmao: For you my friend I will get busy! Actually I have the recap half written but have been tied up with moving stuff for my folks and will be again all day today but with any luck might get the recap up tonight (tomorrow at the latest) and then will kick of DL early this week for sure. I do have all the photos uploaded and organized for DL so that's something at least!

A couples trip during food and wine is pretty darn perfect

Hope you feel better soon!

Jill in CO

Thanks Jill! Slowly getting there

Oh my goodness. I can't wait to hear about all of your latest trips.! And I don't normally post for everyone to see...lol. You're killing us. I understand about life being busy though.

Yeah, it's a bit of a drag but I will live. I've got some serious work to do though once I kick it, between foot issues after the half, work trips, vacation and the sinus thing, my exercise schedule overall has been very very bad/non existent! BLEH. I tried to run on Weds and it was that that convinced me I needed to go see the doctor. No bueno. Wah.

Ugh I hear ya. No fun having your body battle something and it just wears you out.

:lmao: For you my friend I will get busy! Actually I have the recap half written but have been tied up with moving stuff for my folks and will be again all day today but with any luck might get the recap up tonight (tomorrow at the latest) and then will kick of DL early this week for sure. I do have all the photos uploaded and organized for DL so that's something at least!

A couples trip during food and wine is pretty darn perfect

I think I have a pretty good handle on DL this time- at least I hope. Still working out the last minute stuff and trying to plan which can wait longer then it can for WDW.

Oh my goodness. I can't wait to hear about all of your latest trips.! And I don't normally post for everyone to see...lol. You're killing us. I understand about life being busy though.

Sorry!!!! I don't mean to be so lame. I will definitely have stuff up this week, promise!

Ugh I hear ya. No fun having your body battle something and it just wears you out.

Nope, no fun at all

I think I have a pretty good handle on DL this time- at least I hope. Still working out the last minute stuff and trying to plan which can wait longer then it can for WDW.

Where are you staying?

How do you recap such an epic trip?

I have no idea!

Let’s start with the firsts, things we had never done before! Amazingly, there are so many firsts that well, it’s going to take more than one update to get them all in! Let’s start with the 2013 firsts.

Breakfast at Captain’s Grill

Visiting during Holiday Season

Magic Kingdom During the Holidays

Christmas Parade

Jingle Cruise

First DISmeet of the trip

Boardwalk View 2 bedroom Villa (first 2 bedroom villa ever as well)

Dinner at Rose and Crown

Candlelight Processional

Coffee on the Balcony with a Boardwalk View

Legend of Jack Sparrow

Merry Berry Margarita

Fireworks from Poly Beach

Epcot Tree

Continued in next post

Double fireworks in one night, including the special holiday Illuminations finish

Magic shots with Simba

Disney ride ever for my BIL

Jumping Picture

Gingerbread House

Gingerbread House Treat

Swim with the creepy clown for the boys

Trip backstage

Ride on the new TT

Glowing poisoned apple

Biergarten during the Holidays

Crazy NYE crowds and NYE at Epcot

Ride on Maelstrom (last too!)

Continued in next post

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter