Marathon Weekend 2020

FYI runDisney will replace damaged medals if you submit a request with pictures, even 3+ months after the event. I just got around to taking out my SW medals last weekend and found a scratch across the entire face of Kessel Run, sent the information to runDisney and had a new one within 5 days!
That’s good to know! Glad they replaced yours.

This will be me! But I’m planning on making the morning meet ups so hopefully I’ll be feeling a little less shy by then. And after a few drinks I won’t be nervous anymore ... hmmm maybe I should have a warm up drink first....

La Cantina opens at 10 a.m., so I'll be there shortly after it opens to grab a little area for everyone and to get lanyards set out and such. :rolleyes1

We always fly home Monday so I have to miss DATW again this year! Hoping to get my life together enough to meet up before one of the races, though.

I'd love to hit DATW, but we have a Keys to the Kingdom tour planned on Monday morning, and we fly out that evening, so I doubt I'll make it. I'm up for any marathon morning meets though.

Would love to join DATW, but do not know, if I can handle all the booze. Reading most of your TRs, you all seem to be like Pros ;)

I was in and out last year, so I'm not the expert on this, but I had 2 drinks. I think I'm not the only one who didn't drink in every country. People share drinks sometimes, so you don't have to have a full drink in every country. It's very doable, even for an amateur drinker.
And the people don't suck, which makes it more fun.

Actual pictures of the medals are starting to leak out. Here's what I've been able to compile. My initial impressions are largely being borne out. The only medals that look worthy (to me) of a RunDisney event are the Castaway Cay Challenge (which looks awesome!), Goofy and the 5k. Oswald's flat, depth-less medal looks completely phoned-in. I'm not sure why they forced him on the 10k if that was all the love they were going to give him. The marathon is OK, but lacks the attention to details that I expect from RunDisney's signature event.

Actual pictures of the medals are starting to leak out. Here's what I've been able to compile. My initial impressions are largely being borne out. The only medals that look worthy (to me) of a RunDisney event are the Castaway Cay Challenge (which looks awesome!), Goofy and the 5k. Oswald's flat, depth-less medal looks completely phoned-in. I'm not sure why they forced him on the 10k if that was all the love they were going to give him. The marathon is OK, but lacks the attention to details that I expect from RunDisney's signature event.

View attachment 420278

View attachment 420279

View attachment 420280

View attachment 420281

View attachment 420282

Castaway is by far my favorite of these

View attachment 420278

View attachment 420279

View attachment 420280

View attachment 420281

View attachment 420282
Wait do those circles with the distances spin, on the Goofy medal? That's neat. I like it better in 3D. I really really really like the marathon medal and can't wait to get it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter