Marathon Weekend 2021

Unsurprisingly, there are a lot less direct flights than in the past. I seem to recall there were always 3 from Philly to MCO, now there's only 1.

I'm looking for the same flight. I like that crazy-early morning flight so I can get a full day in a park, while still half-tired :D

Now I'm not sure what to do. The other airlines are either basic economy (read: no seat selection) or a bit more than I want to pay. Maybe I'll still book with SW, and hope they open up more flights as time goes on.

I tried looking at the day before, my my DW has to work until 4, and there's no flights that leave late enough for us to be able to safely get on.

Just a reminder that Southwest flights will be released today.

Thanks for the reminder! I’m all booked now, too. Fortunately, the direct 6:05am flight down and 8:15pm flight back are both still flying, so I’m able to maximize park time.

The next big decision is whether to keep my November formerly W&D trip or just roll everything from that over to SWRR. The answer will probably depend on whether they drop significant resort discounts here shortly.

I booked my SW flights this morning too, for Jan and Feb race weekends. It was super complicated since I had Luv vouchers and travel funds. Jan flight prices were good, but the Feb ones were more than I wanted to spend.

Fingers crossed that we don't get canceled.

I'm looking for the same flight. I like that crazy-early morning flight so I can get a full day in a park, while still half-tired :D

Same here, I was aiming for 6 am going and 8pm coming back. 12 and 12 isn't as appealing. I have both United and Southwest vouchers due to Covid-19 cancelled trips, I think I'll just hold off until closer to the date to book flights.

Same here, I was aiming for 6 am going and 8pm coming back. 12 and 12 isn't as appealing. I have both United and Southwest vouchers due to Covid-19 cancelled trips, I think I'll just hold off until closer to the date to book flights.

I booked, anyway, with the earliest landing time possible, just to try to maximize the day in as much as I can.

Leaving was fine, getting back to Philly by 9:00 pm is decent enough where it's not too terribly late.

I have a stupid amount of JetBlue points... I should look into how that works.
Normally, you can cancel for free if you are Mosaic. However, if you book by October 15, there is no change fee. If you book with points, you will get those refunded and the 5.60 ticket fee will go into a travel bank.

I am terrified to book a flight and have to cancel due to Covid. I'm not sure how long the airlines are going to be super flexible with cancellations.

Reasons I should stay up to date on this thread...missed the memo on flights yesterday! 🤦‍♀️ However I’m not sure I want to buy flights for 5 at this point?????

SAFD catch up:

Goals:
1. Consistent training
2. Finish Dopey with a drink in hand
3. Ride Everest
4. Enjoy the 5K with my family

Ride Vehicles:
1. Peter Pan
2. Dumbo
3. Teacups
4. Doom Buggies

Treat Myself:
Alex & Ani bracelets or a Loungefly or Dooney bag

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter