Marathon Weekend 2021

SAFD Treat Myself: I think my answer has changed over the years. There's certainly a strong argument for being at Disney World is treat enough. At the same time, I find that I truly enjoy unique experiences. I think a specific resort decision can be a treat. I also enjoy doing dessert parties especially to celebrate a major race goal. This year I splurged for the castle dining package dessert party after the marathon. Yes, it was expensive, but I also really enjoyed looking out on Fantasyland from inside the castle during dinner, watching the fireworks from the viewing area, and then the tremendous dessert buffet after the fireworks. In my case the park closed immediately after the fireworks, so it was nice to linger just a tiny bit as we exited a much emptier park. And sometimes I will choose a souvenir as the treat.

I’m not doing it, but...

Space Coast is a GO in November!

I’d say that just upped the odds that Marathon Weekend happens!

I hate being the Debbie Downer, but I wouldn't take that as a definitive that the race will still be run. Marine Corps marathon was a GO until it wasn't. (This from a person who is/was signed up for both Space Coast and Marine Corps.)

Also, there's been radio silence since May from the organizers.

I hate being the Debbie Downer, but I wouldn't take that as a definitive that the race will still be run. Marine Corps marathon was a GO until it wasn't. (This from a person who is/was signed up for both Space Coast and Marine Corps.)

Also, there's been radio silence since May from the organizers.
Space coast put out a message today that they received approval to hold the race.

Starting to get a little nervous about MW. Got the news today that the Canada - USA border will remain closed to non-essential travel until September 21st. This has been extended every month since March.

Can we consider MW essential travel? :ssst:

What would be runDisney's policy on refunds if Canucks are not allowed to travel to the US because the border is closed?

Really hoping MW weekend happens. I now have flights and a room at Pop.

Side note, when I put in Friday to Monday Pop didn't show available, but when I put Friday to Tuesday (I think I will try to make it to DATW) I was able to get it.
I had noticed similar with pop a few weeks ago. Was looking at Thursday to Monday in case AoA doesn’t reopen. Weird that going longer opened up availability for you.

Good morning, runDisney all-stars!

For this week’s Sundays are for Disney, what’s your favorite Disney song(s)?

- The Married Life (Up) - reminds me of the Hub in MK, which makes me feel like I’m at WDW or at least a little closer.
- Dig a Little Deeper (Princess and the Frog) - my MW 2019 theme. The entire album slaps, but this song stands out.
- A Star is Born (Hercules) - another standout song on a tremendous album
- I Just Can’t Wait to be King (Lion King) - just a joyful, exuberant, flawless Disney classic.

Have a safe and healthy week, everyone.

For this week’s Sundays are for Disney, what’s your favorite Disney song(s)?
I don’t have kids and generally don’t listen to Disney music outside of the parks, so I’m going to think a little out of the box for this one...
  • Baroque Hoedown
  • Fantasmic! (OG Disneyland version)
  • Paint the Night
  • Epcot Future World background music
  • Yo Ho a Pirate’s Life for Me
  • Grim Grinning Ghosts

SAFD:
- Wishes
- Illuminations (including all the preshow music). I use this a lot when I am out slogging the miles.
- Soarin' and the whole queue soundtrack.
- Tower of Terror - queue music.

Let's kick it up...
- Rock 'n' Roller Coaster - I am guilty of matching the parks playlist on my phone.
- Wreck-It Ralph - When can I see you again
- You'll Be in My Heart - from Tarzan

I agree with @MATTERHORN it wold be easier to ask what songs we don't like!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter