Marathon Weekend 2021

Not saying it's not unexpected.. Just that the close proximity to when it occurs and marathon weekend occurs make it more concerning for the future of the weekend

Exactly. If they don't want to do the Christmas party on Dec 30th are they going to want to do a few thousand people for a race a week or two later? It's not conclusive but is a concern.

Saw something on facebook today that marathon weekend hasn't opened up volunteer slots yet and normally would have a few weeks ago and today was when princes medical volunteer was supposed to open and didn't. I've never volunteer so not sure how accurate that is but will definitey be something to watch.

Saw something on facebook today that marathon weekend hasn't opened up volunteer slots yet and normally would have a few weeks ago and today was when princes medical volunteer was supposed to open and didn't. I've never volunteer so not sure how accurate that is but will definitey be something to watch.
Also, no medals or even themes released yet. They will probably reveal when it officially goes virtual. Just like Wine and Dine did. I mean, after selling out Wine and Dine as a virtual race, why the heck would they even consider running a live race with a gazillion restrictions and complications?

While I loved the lights, I won't miss the crane(s) needed to put them up and take them down. Seems like somehow our trips always happened to occur while that was happening so our family castle picture would have it in there. Projections have been pretty fantastic so excited to see how that turns out and hoping they have them on race mornings (assuming of course we do actually get to run).

While I loved the lights, I won't miss the crane(s) needed to put them up and take them down. Seems like somehow our trips always happened to occur while that was happening so our family castle picture would have it in there. Projections have been pretty fantastic so excited to see how that turns out and hoping they have them on race mornings (assuming of course we do actually get to run).
The last two years at least they’ve done the install after hours so the crane was not up during the day.

Projections on have a chance to create a bottleneck (which the castle almost always is normally anyway) which they are going to want to avoid. If they do have them, I don't see them doing pics and not letting people stop for pics. "Caution Runners.. No stopping Ahead. Keep moving". Some of the things that will likely have to change if they are able to pull it off.

Some of the things that will likely have to change if they are able to pull it off.

Suspect you're right but will continue to live in my denial bubble until reality dictates otherwise :). Would gladly give up a castle picture if it meant we got to actually do the race in January. I do feel bad for anyone doing their first Disney race though as the experience will likely be much different.

SAFD:: Let’s see there are a few that come to mind:

1) Monorail operator. As at least one other person said, I remember wanting to be one back when I was a little kid and you could still ride in the front car.

2) RunDisney organizer.

3) Working at the American pavilion. If needing to be specific, maybe the funnel cake place. World Showcase is my favorite part of WDW so being able to work in it would be cool. As far the American pavilion/funnel cake place, that would be due to it’s closeness to the America Gardens Theatre. Catch some concerts.

4) Glassblower at Crystal Arts on Main Street. Since I was a little kid I’ve always enjoyed watching the glassblowers. It would be cool to be one right on Main Street.

5) A Club Level Concierge, any hotel would be fine, but if I had to pick one, it would be CR.

Suspect you're right but will continue to live in my denial bubble until reality dictates otherwise :). Would gladly give up a castle picture if it meant we got to actually do the race in January. I do feel bad for anyone doing their first Disney race though as the experience will likely be much different.

lol. I hear you. Until there is a widely available vaccine whatever races do run are going to be different we just don't know how different (or when). It sucks. It really does. I love my rundisney races.

I think races overall will be different permanently.

That is very possible. I'm not sure we know yet what they will look like. Several groups right now are trying different things right now but not sure there is a consenses yet on what which things are working well and not working since it's all still new.

On the disney side, I unfortunatly expect the CM taking pictures with your phone is not likely to come back which I really hate because I always loved that option. I would often post pictures on facebook from the previous photo stop while standing in line for the next one (since I'm just standing in line).

Permanent is a long time, and we as a species have short memories.

Put me down as things will be back to our old normal within 5 to 10 years, with or without a vaccine.

Most things but I expect there ware going to be some things businesses (not just races) did as good customer service that they stopped due to COIVD that they will try to not reinstate again. Public demand may eventually get some back but after people have gone 1 year or so without a perk they may just just used to not having that perk. Short memories work both ways and some will forget company x used to offer this.

Permanent is a long time, and we as a species have short memories.

Put me down as things will be back to our old normal within 5 to 10 years, with or without a vaccine.
Thing change permanently from a lot of world events. Look at 9/11. Travel changed drastically. I truly believe some aspects in many walks of life will stay from this.

Schools for example are looking at getting rid of snow days because you don’t need them really. I’m sure businesses will cut down on business travel because that can be done remotely.

Yes many things will return to normal but not everything.

Thing change permanently from a lot of world events. Look at 9/11. Travel changed drastically. I truly believe some aspects in many walks of life will stay from this.

Schools for example are looking at getting rid of snow days because you don’t need them really. I’m sure businesses will cut down on business travel because that can be done remotely.

Yes many things will return to normal but not everything.

And on the positive site I can see some changes that stay around post-covid being good things. Maybe places are more diligent on cleaning. Likely we see sanitizers as a normal expectation in a business. More mobile ordering at places like WDW may become more common. Places trying to reduce touch points may stay. I could see contactless delivery as an option (maybe not the default) going forward.

Not all changes that stay may me bad and may help things like future flu seasons be less.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter