Marathon Weekend 2023

Is the Sept 30th cut-off for POT submissions pretty typical for MW? Looking at this year's XC calendar, there's a pretty decent chance we would be at a meet half way to Detroit the weekend of the FreePress races, and the international half sounds interesting, and it's not like some of the other races I've seen where the time limit is too close for what I *know* I could do (several 10-milers I've looked at have a 2hr time limit.) But the race weekend is in mid-October.

Is the Sept 30th cut-off for POT submissions pretty typical for MW? Looking at this year's XC calendar, there's a pretty decent chance we would be at a meet half way to Detroit the weekend of the FreePress races, and the international half sounds interesting, and it's not like some of the other races I've seen where the time limit is too close for what I *know* I could do (several 10-milers I've looked at have a 2hr time limit.) But the race weekend is in mid-October.

'It's usually been a little later, but not much, since I've been doing Marathon Weekend (2016). It's typically been sometime in the 1st or 2nd week of October. No idea if this year's earlier deadline was a one-off or a trend, though.

In all the most recent races, they used an end of the month date (like Oct 31st or Dec 31st) which is not what they had been doing in the past. If you made me guess, I would say this new recent trend will stick and the cutoff for MW 2023 will be Sept 30th.

'It's usually been a little later, but not much, since I've been doing Marathon Weekend (2016). It's typically been sometime in the 1st or 2nd week of October. No idea if this year's earlier deadline was a one-off or a trend, though.
In the past, I think it has been the weekend (or a couple days) before Chicago (so that 1st/2nd weekend of October). Our local half/full is usually the same weekend as Chicago, and it has always been just a few days past the cutoff.

I have never gotten a post-visit survey and I go a lot. I even check my junk folder after every trip but nope.

Go Browns?

Nope?

:rolleyes1

They went alright. I'm old enough to remember the old Browns and being a good team that at least made it to the last hurdle before face-planting. It has been a terribly run franchise since they came back.

I'm hoping for either Cincinnati or Buffalo. Cincinnati because I pull for any Ohio team, especially if ours is out, and Buffalo because on draft day I said we should have drafted Allen instead of Baker and I like being right. In reality as long as it isn't Green Bay or Tampa Bay I'll be happy. The NFL is much less stressful when you both know your team is garbage and don't care enough about the others to let it bother you.

I have never gotten a post-visit survey and I go a lot. I even check my junk folder after every trip but nope.

They went alright. I'm old enough to remember the old Browns and being a good team that at least made it to the last hurdle before face-planting. It has been a terribly run franchise since they came back.

I'm hoping for either Cincinnati or Buffalo. Cincinnati because I pull for any Ohio team, especially if ours is out, and Buffalo because on draft day I said we should have drafted Allen instead of Baker and I like being right. In reality as long as it isn't Green Bay or Tampa Bay I'll be happy. The NFL is much less stressful when you both know your team is garbage and don't care enough about the others to let it bother you.

Yeah, never been fussed about them since they came back. They’ve been so obviously poorly run that there has never been reason for hope and, in fandom, hope is a necessary component for pain.

Fortunately, they basically have no other option than to believe it was Baker’s injuries that made him bad (and not him being 4’2” and a D-line raising their arms being a complete and total barrier to passing yards):sad2::rotfl2:

It was from Disney Destinations, but specific to MW 2022—questions about every aspect, including races, courses, expo, support, etc. I’ve gotten a couple of Disney surveys lately, but this one was the longest. It took a while to complete.
I got it too. I don't normally spend much time if I answer surveys, but I did with this one. I highlighted that the 10K course needs electrolytes at least at one of the aid stations. Not all of us come from humid climates. Denver never is :P

In all the most recent races, they used an end of the month date (like Oct 31st or Dec 31st) which is not what they had been doing in the past. If you made me guess, I would say this new recent trend will stick and the cutoff for MW 2023 will be Sept 30th.
I wrote to them and asked if they could extend past October 2nd since there are a lot of races that weekend. They pretty much avoided giving any specific answer.

Thinking of the HM next year. My only Disney was the Wine and Dine in 2012, I wasn't too far ahead of the balloon ladies. It will be 9 years and an additional 30 lbs, I'll be 58.

What day would you recommend arriving?

Subscribing to keep an eye on this. Not sure we’ll actually run it as it’s quite the time and financial commitment due to our location but we’ll see…

I was fortunate enough to get an entry to the Big Sur International Marathon taking place in April 2022 and I'm kind of freaking out. I ran my first marathon last November, with a 5:30 (I died after mile 20). I'm really trying to train harder for this one but I know it's a big challenge with all the hills/mountainous region. I didn't think I would win the lottery the first time I entered it but now I'm trying to make it count.

No races beforehand because I'm fearful I'll injure myself.

Also, what is an "SAFD" - it sounds like a question of the week type thing based on context but I tried googling it and I'm fairly sure it isn't about the San Antonio Fire Department.

I was fortunate enough to get an entry to the Big Sur International Marathon taking place in April 2022 and I'm kind of freaking out. I ran my first marathon last November, with a 5:30 (I died after mile 20). I'm really trying to train harder for this one but I know it's a big challenge with all the hills/mountainous region. I didn't think I would win the lottery the first time I entered it but now I'm trying to make it count.

No races beforehand because I'm fearful I'll injure myself.

Also, what is an "SAFD" - it sounds like a question of the week type thing based on context but I tried googling it and I'm fairly sure it isn't about the San Antonio Fire Department.

SAFD = Sundays Are For Disney

It's a weekly Disney-related question asked on this thread on Sundays.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter