March Break Trip???

Yeah. I agree the way it’s spreading here it’s no more dangerous to go.

I kind of wish we were flying from Buffalo now. That way we could just test there and drive back over. But we have WestJet flight credits and the fares out of Buffalo for when we go are really high.

We are planning on flying out of Buffalo for March Break. I bought tickets when they opened up back in September and were still expensive but that's the only week we can go with work and school schedule. We'll need a back up plan if one of us tests positive.

Planning to go to Vancouver for March Break (not even leaving Canada), and probably will be cancelling it. I am going with my elderly mom. Don’t want to take any risk. Hope it will be ok to go in the summer!

March weather in Vancouver sucks anyways. You'll most likely enjoy a summer visit more (and even then Vancouver is unpredictable). Try the Island - we have nicer weather;)

We are going. Glad we're driving so don't have to worry about testing beforehand.

Please forgive my ignorance, I was just looking for info yesterday on what is required to show when boarding an AC flight out of Canada to the US. The only thing I could find is proof of vaccination and showing no symptoms/signs of Covid. Do you have to show proof of a negative test as well?

Thanks!

We are planning on flying out of Buffalo for March Break. I bought tickets when they opened up back in September and were still expensive but that's the only week we can go with work and school schedule. We'll need a back up plan if one of us tests positive.

See if you can test once you land in Buffalo. If one of you is positive you can still drive over the boarded. Then you can quarantine at home.

Please forgive my ignorance, I was just looking for info yesterday on what is required to show when boarding an AC flight out of Canada to the US. The only thing I could find is proof of vaccination and showing no symptoms/signs of Covid. Do you have to show proof of a negative test as well?

Thanks!
Yes, you need a negative test before boarding. I believe the timeframe now is one day before. Not 24 hours before, but the day before which could technically be 30 or 40 hours before your scheduled departure

I decided yesterday to purchase flights out of Buffalo for beginning of March. I booked JB down and SW home since that was the cheapest way possible but still not that great. Figured at least this way if one of us tests positive we can still drive over the border instead of being stuck in Florida however I’m not really concerned about testing positive since we were fine in September. I’m keeping our AC flight though until a couple days before just in case anything changes.

I am also an NB teacher and our trip is planned for March break as well. We actually just did our dining reservations this morning. We are super excited, but I’m so nervous to go. I’d hate to get stuck in Florida without pay. We will all be double vaccinated and my 8 year old nephew will be too. We have until February to decide whether we will be going, so I guess we will just wait and see what happens in the next few weeks.
I was told by the district that if I’m sick, sick leave will apply regardless of where I am.

See if you can test once you land in Buffalo. If one of you is positive you can still drive over the boarded. Then you can quarantine at home.
There is another thread detailing changes to land border crossing and possible fines for positive tests.

So, we just moved our trip in Feb to August. Final payment was due next week, and it just seemed like there are too many what if's and hassle to deal with that are not going away in the next month. Kids are heading back to school and so what if someone has a positive test the day before we leave? If someone is positive on the way home, I don't want to quarantine the kids, they have missed enough school as it is. If it was just my husband and I it would still be on, but not for the family. So we will being have a ski week instead of a Disney week.

On the plus side, in my annoyance for cancelling this trip, I may have updated us from CBR to the Poly 😄

We have a trip booked in the Smoky Mountains March 6-15. We are driving. We just heard a health professional on the news last night say that they believe Omicron should be on its way out by end of February so we're keeping our plans for now.

Well, we've decided to play it safe and move our trip to the beginning of April. That gives Omicron roughly 4 weeks to get the heck outta dodge! lol Hoping things will be better for traveling by then.

Tomorrow we'll be doing our covid test. Fingers crossed no one in my family has covid and we're good to fly out of Fredericton early Friday morning! 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

Good luck and have an amazing trip! We test next week and it seems like positive cases are all around us right now unfortunately.

We've finally decided to go for Ontario March Break. We've had all our bookings done forever but hadn't actually decided.

We just spent $160 on two insurance policies. The first one (annual) will reimburse us if we get covid prior to departure and need to cancel. The second is the Manulife covid package, good for this trip.

I bought upgraded masks for the kids. Also bought the Switch Health rapid tests for the ease and flexibility.

We're staying on points at the Marriott Residence Inn near Universal. We have one night booked at Royal Pacific so we can have express passes for two days.

We plan to buy Premier Annual Passes in the hopes we can go back a few times in the next year. That way we'll always have early entry, free parking and express passes after 4 p.m.

I almost don't dare to get excited because of the chance we test positive next week. But this has been really fun and slightly nervewracking to plan!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter