March Check-In **Official** Thread (Start with Post #17)

Not sure how I missed this one , or maybe it is just a newly listed refurbishment but Disney is now showing ......
Sailing Ship Columbia will be closed for refurb 3/2 - 3/5 .

Last edited:
Slowly but surely all the March park hours are showing up on the calendar. Wednesday the 25th is up today, and we are doing the 27th and 28th. We usually go during very busy Columbus Day weekend in October, and DL shuts at midnight and DCA at 10. Calendar is showing DL midnight and DCA 11 pm, on a weekday... I have never seen DCA open till 11 pm! I knew it would be busy, but oh boy.....

Slowly but surely all the March park hours are showing up on the calendar. Wednesday the 25th is up today, and we are doing the 27th and 28th. We usually go during very busy Columbus Day weekend in October, and DL shuts at midnight and DCA at 10. Calendar is showing DL midnight and DCA 11 pm, on a weekday... I have never seen DCA open till 11 pm! I knew it would be busy, but oh boy.....

We are going march 23-26. It’s spring break for us. I’ve been told from friends who have been that week that is very crowded!! I’ve been hoping it’s not going to be terrible but now you have me scared. Lol. Good news, Indy isn’t listed as a refurbishment!

We are going march 23-26. It’s spring break for us. I’ve been told from friends who have been that week that is very crowded!! I’ve been hoping it’s not going to be terrible but now you have me scared. Lol. Good news, Indy isn’t listed as a refurbishment!

its our spring break too... we are coming to CA for other reasons, and just tacking DL on... you can usually tell by the hours how crowded they expect it to be, and Columbus Day weekend with Halloweentime is usually pretty nuts, and we survive because we are experienced with zigging when others are zagging! It really blew my mind to see DCA open till 11... I am sure it has to do with SWGE busy-ness.

We are there for Spring Break too 3/22-3/26. Can’t decide between BWPPI and Stovall’s. Which security moves smoother when it’s crowded? Harbor or the one by DLH? I’m leaning towards the short walk, but I welcome everyone’s opinions. Does anyone think it will be warm enough to swim?

We are there for Spring Break too 3/22-3/26. Can’t decide between BWPPI and Stovall’s. Which security moves smoother when it’s crowded? Harbor or the one by DLH? I’m leaning towards the short walk, but I welcome everyone’s opinions. Does anyone think it will be warm enough to swim?

cant speak to spring break... but in October we noticed that the security from the Harbor side (with BWPPI) was awful even with so many stations... we are used to coming from DLH or PPH and had never ever seen it that bad.

We were there last year at spring break.

We entered harbor side.

It REALLY depends on what time you arrive. We are hardcore rope drop or early entry so we are always going early. Typically 1 hour or more before gates opening . Security was always a walk through.

But if you wait until just before opening until a couple of hours after harbor will get packed. All the way out and down harbor.

After that it was pretty minimal waits throughout the day.

Not sure about dtd.

Not sure how I missed this one , or maybe it is just a newly listed refurbishment but Disney is now showing ......
Sailing Ship Columbia will be closed for refurb 3/2 - 3/5 .
I think this must have been newly listed, because I've been tracking the refurbishment calendar every day and I didn't see this either. Regardless, I've added it to Post #17. Thanks for catching that!

All new check-ins have also been added :)

Wow on the Maxpass increase! I’m glad I decided to heck with it when I bought my tickets and added it on at the same time as I was originally going to just get it for the 3 full days we are there, so do it day by day (we are also doing 2 partial days so have 5 day tickets). Basically ends up that we’re only really paying for one of the additional days because we got the lower price. Yay justification lol

Will be in parks 3/1 & 3/2 celebrating our 27th anniversary!!! We'll be staying at the Candy Cane Inn. Super excited :mickeyjum as we'll get to see the new parade and check out the Food & Wine Festival! Only bummer is we wanted to celebrate with a special dinner at Steakhouse 55 on our arrival night (2/29) and there are no tables available before 8pm. 😢 Crossing my fingers they have a cancellation!

Will be in parks 3/1 & 3/2 celebrating our 27th anniversary!!! We'll be staying at the Candy Cane Inn. Super excited :mickeyjum as we'll get to see the new parade and check out the Food & Wine Festival! Only bummer is we wanted to celebrate with a special dinner at Steakhouse 55 on our arrival night (2/29) and there are no tables available before 8pm. 😢 Crossing my fingers they have a cancellation!

Definitely check at 7am on the day you want to go. There are often same day reservations that are made available.

I would call right at the time you want the night before. With the 24 hour cancellation penalty there may be cancellations you grab up.

I've got everyone added to the check-in thread :) Still catching up on posts, but I've been watching the ROTR graphs and the ride looks like it's been performing well. Hopefully it's the sign of some gremlins being worked out?

Okay everyone, as of tomorrow, ALL March dates will be available to view under the Daily Events Schedule. Unless something very surprising happens, I think our March dates are safe from the Indy refurb schedule. So, help me decide what to do with Post #19. Should I leave Indy as a “monitor” in case Disney pulls a fast one on us? Remove it from Post #19 entirely since an operational Indy is the status quo? Or move it to Good News since it looks like we will be able to ride? 😍

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter