marcia's journal (comments welcome!)

Hi Marcia

Sorry I haven't stopped by in awhile but things have been hectic and I had a bad cold last week which thankfully is much better now.

It sounds like you're doing great! having lots of fun and not being to concerned about what you eat and you still feel good in your clothes. That is wonderful!!! Wow, great job with all the running!!! You are still an inspiration to me, I am almost ready to start the 3rd week of the C25K program.

I hope everything works out for you and your Mom to go to Vegas. That sounds like so much fun!

Have a great day :sunny:

Cheryl:wave:

Hi Marcia! :wave:

Sounds like you had lots of fun over the weekend. I'm so glad that you didn't obsess over the food. You deserve to be able to relax and just have a good time with your friends.

I am so proud of you for getting your exercise in, but 8 miles!?!? My legs hurt, and I was just reading it! :laughing: You're such an inspiration!

Hope you have a great Monday!

~Angela :wave2:

Marcia,

Just wanted to stop and say Hi! You are one of the most "up" people on this board. I love your attitude. Thanks for all of the encouraging words to my journal, also. You are terrific, Marcia!

All that running........WOW! I'd say you burned off the pizza, don't even worry about it. Goodness! And all that going out to eat......WHAT A DREAM! :teeth: I could get into that. Oh, to be someone's dependent again. (heeheehee) :tongue: Just kidding.

Oh, and I hope your trip to Vegas works out. I could use some warm weather and sunshine, too. I've been there a couple of times,.....nice and hot. Just what is needed after this cold, cold winter.

Have a good day, Marcia. Thanks for bringing me some sunshine. :sunny: :wave:

Hi Marcia!

It sounds like you are doing so well even if you are not in lose weight mode. The running you do is just inspirational! I hope to be a runner someday.

I want to thank you so much for stopping by my journal and encouraging me. It means so much.

Enjoy your trip to Vegas next month. DH and I want to go, possibly next year, and skip Disney. Blasphemy I know but DH really wants to go and he's so accommodating to me so I don't mind being that way in return. Please report back and let us know how much fun you had!

Take care and I'll check on you again soon.

Hi Marcia!:wave2: Just stopping by to say hi! Hope your having a good day. Well, we've got :sunny: , but now can't enjoy it cause its too cold!!! My DS has soccer practice tonight. It won't bother him, but I'm gonna be FREEZING standing out there watching!!!!:eek:
Have a great day!!
TTFN-
Sharon

Good morning Marcia! :wave:

Just stopping by to wish you a happy Tuesday! Hope that you have a great day! :teeth:

man, it's late today by the time i'm getting to check in! i was busy this morning, but this afternoon looks free for now :p

don't really have much to report...went out to dinner again last night, ate way too much again :rolleyes: , it was an off day from running. i'll be right back at it tonight. although, the wind is scaring me, so i'm chickening out and going treadmill. oh well.

amanda - thanks for the support! i know you're right :)

sharon - that vow renewal sounds like it was so much fun! who can beat elvis!!! :hyper:

tracy - thanks, and i'm sure you could run 8 minutes! or at least some day you could ::yes::

val - thanks for the sunshine, it was lacking yesterday for sure!

denise - hi hi hi! i got so excited when i saw you were back yesterday :)

cheryl - i'm so glad your running is going well and that i could help keep you going in any way possible :)

angela - hehe, my legs hurt enough for both of us, that's for sure. rest day yesterday was sorely needed :teeth:

pam - it really is great being a dependent...makes eating out that much easier. although...if i had to pay for it, i'd probably eat healthier cause i could only afford a salad! :o

lisa - skipping disney??? oh my goodness!! :earseek: i'd take disney over vegas hands down, but this one isnt' my decision to make :p

oh my goodness, this is totally random, but my weirdo brother just stopped by to talk to my dad (i'm calling him a weirdo...you'll see why, but this is stephen, the brother i love that lives at home). so anyway, he was just leaving, and he's wearing shorts (that's a whole nother discussion...it really isn't warm out! he's just always hot!), and as he walked by, he pulled up his shorts and flexed his quads at me! haha, what a crazy crazy boy :laughing:

i think that's a great way to end this post for today ::yes::

Hey Marcia,

At least your brother didn't moon you.

It sounds like you enjoyed dinner, and you can afford the calories with all the running you do. 8 miles. WOW! Enjoy your treaddie and AI tonight.
Beth

:wave2: Hi there Marcia,
Hope you are having a great day today :sunny: ! Can't wait to see who will be eliminated tonight on AI. My money's on Jon Stevens but he seems to have a following so I could be wrong. As long as its not George or Jennifer I'll be fine.

i'm home for lunch and i just wanted to pop in to say that our internet is down at work! :mad: so i'm without access there today. i'll try to check in later in the day after work, run, and my brother's track meet.

No internet.....AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!! Hang in there, Marcia!!

Your running is so amazing! Maybe you should have signed up for the full marathon, girlfriend!! ::yes::

Glad to hear you had a great visit with your friends and also glad to hear you're not obsessing about your food. You'll know when the clothes start to get snug and you know exactly what to do if that happens. Until then, enjoy!! :sunny:

I hope you survived the day at work without internet access. I'm sure some people were in withdrawal...I would have been one of them. :hyper:

Keep up the good work! I'm still in awe over your exercise level.

Hi Marcia!:wave2:
Just popping in to say hi. How is you running going? Any hopes to get outside for running? We have :sunny: today, but its still a little chilly.
AI - well what did you think? I am very happy that Camille finally went. She was absolutely horrible this week. I could have even done better and I'm not a very good singer. :rolleyes: But could you believ John Stevens STILL wasn't in the bottom 3?????? Jeesh!:eek:
Hope you get your internet back at work. What a bummer!!
Have a great day!!:sunny:
TTFN-
Sharon

Hey, Marcia! I hope all is going well. I don't really watch AI (I thoroughly enjoy the auditions, but don't really care for the competition), but I did watch the first 1/2 hour on Tues. and everyone I saw was terrible! None of them did Elton justice--remember, I didn't see all of them so don't yell at me if there's one you like! :P I with Sharon, I cannot sing, but even I could do better! I hope you get Internet access back at work, Marcia! Here's some sunshine for you. :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: Have a great day!

Hi Marcia! Don't you hate when you can't access the internet at work? Kind of puts a kink in DISing time!;) I just wanted to drop in and say a quick hello and to encourage you to keep up the good work. Take care!

man, i haven't been able to check in since that quick pop in on wednesday! :eek:

well, our internet was down all day at work wed, then i came home, and our home internet had gone down too! i don't know why the heck it does that! then yesterday was yankee's opening day, so i was there of course, goooo yanks :teeth: (they won in case you don't know :bounce: )

today is off from work of course because it's good friday. now, i don't mean to offend anyone who is religious, but i'm just not. in theory i am, according to my parents anyway. i went to holy thursday mass with my parents last night, only because they would be mad at me if i didn't. so good friday, from 12-3, we pretty much sit around watching religious movies. not allowed to do anything really. although, i have planned my running time today to be within that period, just so i can get out of it. i'm a horrible horrible daughter, but oh well. both my brothers didn't go to church last night, and i doubt they'll be here today. but i'm the perfect kid. i hate that. so 12-3 i'll spend about an hour running/walking, then get in a shower, and probably still have 1-1.5 hours left. then we have mass at 3pm. i think i'm free after that, till we have to go to some religious play at 8 or so. i'm really sorry if i offend anyone by this tirade, but it's just frustrating that my parents use religion as something that gets rewarded (like, they always say...look at how much more you get than your brothers because you cooperate), even though there's nothing behind the act for me. i go for their sake, and this 4 day period kills me every year. ah man. ok, rant over.

haha, okay so moving on :p . i'll do a quick ai recap, although, i'm sure everyone knows how i feel. glad camille's gone, flaberghasted that weasly and john peter lewis weren't even in the bottom....AGAIN! i wonder which group was the top group. i know fantasia seems to be the favorite, but i just really hope that was the middle group, cause if weasly and jpl were in the top...that would just be so wrong. overall, it was a pretty bad performance night, although, i love george huff (duh) and think he did great! yeah, that's all i have to say about that.

i think this weekend, journals are going to get neglected by me. i'm thinking about all of you, and hope you're doing well! i know our internet is back up at work, so monday will be back to normal for me. hope to check in with you guys in your journals then! hope everybody has a wonderful weekend! i'll try to stop by my journal again sometime before monday, not sure it'll happen though. bye for now :wave:

:wave2: Hi Marcia,
Sorry to hear you're in the middle of a stressful couple of days. Hopefully you enjoyed your run and a little break from the Easter stuff ::yes:: . Hope you have a wonderful day :sunny: !

Hi, Marcia! :wave: Long time no post from me. Sorry about that. I'm just having a hard time keeping up and what with my mom visiting. . .you know how it is. I've been thinking about you, though. I've been kind of taking a break from all the ww point monitoring, and while I'm not making good choices and am paying the price for that, I'm finding it more than a bit of relief to not count every darn thing that goes into my mouth. That's why I thought of you, 'cause I knew you could relate.

Anyway, rant on, dear girl, rant on, and don't worry about offending anyone. Personally, I feel like I'm "religious," but to me feeling a connection to a Higher Power doesn't necessarily mean you've got to find it in an organized service or something. Nobody can "make" you believe something. Parents can lead their children to it, but that's about it. The choice is entirely individual and when a person finds a church or religion that's meaningful to her, it can be a wonderful, rewarding thing. You're a good woman to go along with your parents like you do. :hug: I'm sure they appreciate it.

Hey, Marcia, you take care, OK? Try to carve out some space for yourself within the schedule of family commitments. Bye.

Erin

Marcia:

Don't give yourself grief over your faith. I'm a very spiritual person but still recovering from the organized religion of my youth. I will probably not ever attend an organized religious service again. I don't hold it against those who do but I ask that those who do not hold it against me either.

Part of becoming an adult (and at 40, I'm still working on that), is defining your own faith and beliefs. I do applaud your attempts to keep peace with your parents. It's part of being family.

Have a very restful weekend.

-Laurie

I agree with the above posters. You shouldn't kick yourself for your feelings regarding your faith. I'm a spiritual person (even teaching Sunday School to 4-year-olds :earseek: ), but it took me a good 15 years to set foot in a church after some of the hypocrisy I witnessed as a child. Religion and spirituality is an intensely personal and individual thing. No one has the right to force their beliefs/opinions on anyone else. Just my measly 2 cents....

I hope that you had a relaxing weekend and have a wonderful Monday ahead of you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter