marcia's journal (comments welcome!)

Hi Marcia,

I hope you survived your stressful weekend. I understand your feelings about religion. My parents are devote Catholics. They met at a retreat. My dad was going to be a priest and DM was going to become a nun. I was raised in a very strict relgious environment. It works for them. Now, I don't really believe in any organized religion. I am spiritual, but not interested in the whole religion thing. y parents think I am now pagan. I go through the motions once a month and on holidays to give Katie a framework. I did end up having her baptized. Sorry, I got so off track. I just wanted you to know that you are not alone in your feelings and frustration at this time of year.

I hope you manage to have some time for yourself in the coming week.
:hug:
Beth

Marcia, everyone has written the most amazing things about the whole religion thing. I have to agree that it's a very personal journey. At your age, I didn't attend any church - was just fed up with the whole thing. You'll probably find that your feelings about it will change throughout your lifetime, and none of those feelings - the ones you have now and the ones you'll have later - are wrong. I do think it's very sweet of you to go along with things for the sake of your parents. I was the rebellious kid at my house and I know I hurt my parents deeply during those years. Fortunately, our relationship is worlds better now.

Enough about me in YOUR journal! :p I hope your weekend was a happy one and you're enjoying being back in the work routine. How's the career change coming along?? I haven't heard much about that lately.

Have a wonderful Tuesday! :sunny:

Hi Marcia,
We are close in age and I think it is almost a rite of passage to start questioning or rejecting the beliefs of the religion your parents teach you. I know that I am still going through that passage now. My Mom was at our house for Easter and asked me to attend Catholic mass - I said no that I no longer considered myself Catholic. The look on her face, I then explained that I am still Christian but I do not support the Catholic faith. She was okay with that idea. I think she thought I was going to tell her I was an Athiest or something. :rolleyes: My advice to you is that you should start educating yourself on other beliefs and religions. It is a personal journey but one I think everyone has to do.

~Amanda

Hi Marcia! :wave:

Just dropping by to wish you a happy Thursday! I hope that you're having a wonderful day!

~Angela :wave2:

Hi Marcia!
Stopping by to say hello and see how you are doing today. I hope the :sunny: is shining where you are. Have a great day!

Tracy:wave2:

:wave: Hi, Marcia. That's it, just hi. :D

Hope you had a good weekend,
Erin

:wave: Hi Marcia! I've been missing you. I hope all is well! :sunny:

Hi Marcia,

I'm just dropping by to say HI!:thewave:
Take care of yourself,
Beth

I don't know how close you are to Pennsylvania, but we're planning a WISH Walk in Doylestown PA on May 8th. If you're free and it isn't too far, we'd love to have you join us. There's a thread about it on the main WISH board.

I hope all is going well with you, Marcia!

Just checking in on ya Marcia. I have recently decided to start WW, not exactly just for me, my mom is doing it anasked me to go with her. (She also pays for me) And as we both no it is hard to say no to mom. :)

As for the religion thing. I understand. i am not the same religion as my step mom and my dad doesn't go to church. My mom and I converted a few years ago to a different religion then we were used to. Now it happens to be catholic, but you would never offend me by saying anything. I think religion lies in the believer and it is open to interpertation.

Have a great day! Stay positive!

Karen

hey Marcia - just want to say I miss you and hope all is well!
:hug: for you if you need it. We are here for you if you need us!!!
Hope you see plenty of :sunny: :sunny: today!!
TTFN-
Sharon

Hi Marcia. Just stopping by to let you know I'm thinking of you :hug: . Hope all is well.

Marcia:
I hope all is well with you - much better than things are going for your Yankees or my Mariners!.

I've been making the committment to walk at least 5 times a week - I've made it a whole month now! Your running really inspired me.

Have a really great weekend!

-Laurie:sunny:

:sunny: :sunny: Just stopping in to say hi and spread a little sunshine. :sunny: :sunny:

I hope all is well.

ok...i haven't come by in a while...because...well, i just...i can't. i can't pretend i'm being healthy when i very well know i'm not. i really don't want to say any more than that, because i'm not comfortable with putting it out there in words.

i just really wanted to say thank you to all of you for still dropping by and saying hello and offering your support. maybe sometime down the line i'll figure myself out and get back to doing this the right way. but for now, i'm avoiding the wish board. i still browse many other boards on the dis every single day, and i think about you guys all the time, i just can't handle reading and posting to such a healthy group of people right now. i love you guys, i really do. thanks again, you guys are so great :hug:

I totally undersand Marcia.:D Come back when you're ready, or even just to say hi and shoot the breeze. Hope to run into you on the other boards. Take care!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter