Masks - really ?

A lot of locations have started to and most likely will continue to require face masks for a while - if I’m going to have to wear one I might as well have Mickey Mouse on it. Besides I know if I place an order with Disney they will fulfill it or return my money if they can’t fulfill the order - no such guarantee with certain amazon sellers...

This. I pre-ordered mine. If they are required when my trip comes up (Sept 20), it's likely I'll cancel my trip. I do feel claustrophobic in them if I wear them too long, and for me, it would detract from the fun of my trip. But that's a personal choice. I do wear them if I go out (they are not required in my state, but "highly recommended" without a problem.

And if you touch your face with your hands whilst adjusting the mask ? Come on, let’s be honest there must be a better way. That’s all I am saying.
The virus doesn’t seep through your skin and enter your blood stream......

I’m sorry, but your science is bad and doesn’t really sound like you understand that the idea is to mitigate risk and protect other people from you. In turn, they are protecting you from them.

I have the Mickey/Minnie ones in my cart. I can’t decide on the size. I am coming up with the measurement right at the beginning of the large but end of medium. Not sure which on to get.
If you ordered what size did you get?

I have the Mickey/Minnie ones in my cart. I can’t decide on the size. I am coming up with the measurement right at the beginning of the large but end of medium. Not sure which on to get.
I sit at the edge between medium and large also and I just decided to buy 1 medium pack and 1 large pack. I just bought them because its hard to find them elsewhere. My husband and I wouldnt wear one in the park all day, so if its mandatory we wont go in Sept. but if its not mandatory we will probably wear them on the plane at least.....but we have bandanas and neck gaiters that we wear to the store now, so this covers us with about everything.

Maybe these links below will help explain the purpose of the mask. As others have said, it is NOT about protecting yourself. It's a way of preventing the spread from asymptomatic people. If everyone wore a mask, we could get the Ro to less than one, which would stop the spread. So it's actually a big deal.

I don't get the resistance by some people. I've been wearing one for months even while exercising outdoors in hot weather, and it is no big deal. People in Asia where it is extremely hot and humid do it as well.

It is somewhat understandable that with all the mixed messages there have been about masks in the media that there would be confusion, but the message has changed. https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2020/04/dont-wear-mask-yourself/610336/ and https://www.authorea.com/users/316109/articles/446320-masks-for-the-public-laying-straw-men-to-rest

I pre-ordered some of the Disney masks and will be doing my part to protect you all when the parks open. I hope everyone will do their part for my family :)

Missing the point. It doesn’t protect you. Personally I think making money out of misfortune is reprehensible. But hey, each to their own I guess.
I don’t disagree that cloth masks do little to nothing to protect us but some people like the illusion of being protected from the virus. It’s no different that the illusion of Disney security.

I don’t begrudge Disney for making them and offering them as an option for people to purchase if they choose. IF I was planning a trip to Disney and was a person who thought a cloth mask would make a difference, I would rather a pretty one vs a generic baby blue one.

The virus can stay on hard surfaces for 72 hours. You touch something with the virus on and then touch your mask (face) the mask to protect you has now infected you. I have no intention of alarming anyone. I am just saying, think outside of the box. There must be a better way. I am shocked that so many people think that Disney profiteering is acceptable. Are you mad ? If you want to donate just look at at 100 year old Captain Tom in England. That’s sincerity and not Disney machiavellian..

You are choosing not to respond to the two refutations to your main points — Disney is donating all profits from the sale of the masks, and masks are not to protect the wearer, they are to protect others around you.

From a C19 perspective I can’t see how masks will be effective. Every time you touch it, drop it to eat or drink or indeed and dare I say smoke, it is rendered useless. By virtue if you like to eat, drink or smoke (Food and Wine spring to mind) you would need at least 20 masks a day. And good luck with the kids wearing masks and social distancing.

It's also completely useless for healthy people.

Everyone knew Disney was going to jump on the face mask bandwagon, it was just a matter of time. Does it really hurt anything to wear a mask? Disney will most likely require them once they open back up. My sister and I ordered ours. The Pixar ones contain one from her favorite Disney artist. We decided to go with the large, our measurements fell within the parameters. She also measured a mask she already wears.

Does it really hurt anything to wear a mask? Disney will most likely require them once they open back up.
Yes, it would absolutely preclude our enjoyment of Disney World to be forced to wear masks while we were there. And no, I don't believe Disney will require them for guests. Masks would go flying off of rides regularly.

Our trip is scheduled for July. A day spent in 90+ degree heat and humidity, trying to breathe through a mask, would be an exercise in masochism for most people, and could also raise the chances of some people getting heat stroke.

It's also hard to swim while wearing a mask. Or eat while wearing a mask. Etc, etc.

Here is the Orange County Mandate that mentions masks. At this time it does not say Park Goers have to wear masks

Mandates for large theme parks (Disney, Universal, SeaWorld)
  • All employees must wear face masks.
  • Touchless hand sanitizer must be stationed at each ticketing entry/turnstile.
  • Touchless hand sanitizer at each attraction entrance and exit.
  • Temperature checks for staff prior to shift. (Those with temperatures over 100.4 will not be allowed to enter premises.)
  • All employees with flu-like symptoms will be advised to stay at home.
  • Wipe down all railings and surfaces after every use.
  • Phase 1: 50% capacity
  • Phase 2: 75% capacity

Just my $0.02 which isn't even worth that. No one in our family wears face masks. We social distance and are pretty much quarantined. My husband is an essential worker and is in grocery / convenience stores 5 days/week. He sanitizes his hands up to his elbows before, mid and after his visits. I haven't seen my 75 year old dad in months so that we don't chance infecting him. But as a family, we have gone to the lake / beach, fishing at a reserve, and to the park.

We won't be going to WDW if we have to wear masks. We have a resort booked for two weeks June 2021 so we may get lucky by then. No parades, special events, etc. - we will pass. We have a tentative vacation planned in July to Colorado but will cancel if everything is closed.

I think everyone should do what is in their comfort level and/or mandated by their state.

It does not matter why Disney could mandate the wearing of masks.

Your opinion on the effectiveness of the masks does not matter.

Bottom line, wear the mask or you will not be allowed onto Disney property.

Thats whats happening in Shanghi Disneyland right now.
There is absolutely no current indication that mask wearing will be required of guests at WDW. In fact, what information does exist now (the Orange County Mandate) suggests that guests will not be required to do so, only employees will.

I ordered my kids a medium and they are just making the measurement of the medium. I measured myself and would be a large but I am also at the smaller end of the measurement.

I do not have a trip planned but I am in a state that is requiring them when out in public. if you don’t have a mask you can’t go inside a store. Also they are talking about requiring kids to wear masks in school when they do eventually go back. If that’s the case I will have them and be able to wash them regularly. Hopefully they will fit their face well and be comfortable.

The fact that the masks are not available until June 29 tells me that Disney knows Covid 19 is going to be a long term thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter