Massachusetts DVC Owners Group

My mother just sent me an article about Governor Baker and Massachusetts Covid. Apparently he's creating a Covid Enforcement and Intervention team, which will help enforce current mandates re the virus-like MASKS! I think that's great-our state has a mandate from the governor that everyone must wear a mask, at least in businesses. But who enforces it? No one, so why have the mandate?

Why have the mandate - because when it was "strongly encouraged", or "strongly advised", enough people didn't care to follow it. Making it a mandate just strengthened the wording. I can't tell you how many people I know who were totally fine not wearing masks and when I asked why was told "well it isn't mandated". Welp, now it is. I suspect it may have also been worded that way to allow businesses to enforce mask wearing by customers, for the safety of their workers.

Yikes! I just realized that I had been away from the group since 8/2. While I was surprised initially, thinking back I realize that "my" world has been hectic (much more than usual) so I guess it figures. Anyway, I am at WDW now. We arrived at BLT on 8/18 and moved to BV today. BLT was awesome. So far, I cannot say the same for BV. Up to now, I felt confident that Disney was doing a great job in all things - cleaning, sanitizing, social distancing, etc. - related to COVID. However, when we checked into our 1 bdrm unit here, we were dismayed to find that the unit was not clean: cereal and small pieces of trash on the floor; food crumbs on the silverware and in the drawer, bedroom carpet has stains but also needed addl. vacuuming, dry detergent was spilled on the floor in front of the washer . . . ! So, while these things may not necessarily ruin our stay, I found that I was very anxious because they did not demonstrate that Disney is going above and beyond its ordinary cleaning (as they have been touting.) Our luggage had all been delivered to our room (and my daughter was in the process of putting away the groceries we'd purchased) when I called the front desk. The bellman asked me if I wanted him to speak with mgmt but I told him that I was awaiting a call (since the cast member who answered my call said that she'd have a manager contact me.) Anyway, the mgr. offered to move my room but we just didn't feel like packing up and moving so she sent 2 housekeepers to the room (kids went to the pool; I sat on the balcony) to take care of the issues. She also wanted to have housekeeping do a full cleaning (change linens, etc.) tmrw but I declined. Heck! If I thought that I needed that, I would have definitely changed the room.

Yikes! I just realized that I had been away from the group since 8/2. While I was surprised initially, thinking back I realize that "my" world has been hectic (much more than usual) so I guess it figures. Anyway, I am at WDW now. We arrived at BLT on 8/18 and moved to BV today. BLT was awesome. So far, I cannot say the same for BV. Up to now, I felt confident that Disney was doing a great job in all things - cleaning, sanitizing, social distancing, etc. - related to COVID. However, when we checked into our 1 bdrm unit here, we were dismayed to find that the unit was not clean: cereal and small pieces of trash on the floor; food crumbs on the silverware and in the drawer, bedroom carpet has stains but also needed addl. vacuuming, dry detergent was spilled on the floor in front of the washer . . . ! So, while these things may not necessarily ruin our stay, I found that I was very anxious because they did not demonstrate that Disney is going above and beyond its ordinary cleaning (as they have been touting.) Our luggage had all been delivered to our room (and my daughter was in the process of putting away the groceries we'd purchased) when I called the front desk. The bellman asked me if I wanted him to speak with mgmt but I told him that I was awaiting a call (since the cast member who answered my call said that she'd have a manager contact me.) Anyway, the mgr. offered to move my room but we just didn't feel like packing up and moving so she sent 2 housekeepers to the room (kids went to the pool; I sat on the balcony) to take care of the issues. She also wanted to have housekeeping do a full cleaning (change linens, etc.) tmrw but I declined. Heck! If I thought that I needed that, I would have definitely changed the room.
Which resort is BV? I'm thinking Beach Club Villas or Boardwalk Villas?

Greetings from BV at WDW! The sun is shining and, in a couple of hours, we are going to brunch at DD's Raglan Road. So far, our vacation has had lots of ups and downs; I am concentrating on the ups right now; after all we are at "The Most Magical Place On Earth"! (BTW, did you know that the quote is the official tagline of WDW and the official tagline for Disneyland is "The Happiest Place On Earth"?)

Greetings from BV at WDW! The sun is shining and, in a couple of hours, we are going to brunch at DD's Raglan Road. So far, our vacation has had lots of ups and downs; I am concentrating on the ups right now; after all we are at "The Most Magical Place On Earth"! (BTW, did you know that the quote is the official tagline of WDW and the official tagline for Disneyland is "The Happiest Place On Earth"?)

Enjoy your day! I am sure it’s one of the most unique Trips you will ever have to the Most magical place on earth!

Keep looking towards the good parts...but if there are any low points that would help us future travelers - share them too...

twinklebug, Boardwalk Villas is BV
Thank you, I've only seen it down as BWV. It's a shame they did not meet expectations even on a non-covid times for cleanliness. I'm hoping this was a one-off thing.

If anyone is wondering about the free gift DVC members receive if visiting a DVC model room . . .

Attachments

• Free DVC gift.jpg
    Free DVC gift.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 31
Hello all...We got back last night after 11 wonderful days in Disney. It will certainly go down as one of our most memorable trips. We stayed at BWV and had a great standard view room(one we will never get again in normal times as a non-owner there) but what a great use of points. Masks weren't too bad the worst part for me was not being able to walk around with a beer or snack and enjoy them. Having to stop off to the side stunk. Also not being able to park hop was a bummer. Epcot is our usually night time spot and not being able to do that was worse than I thought before heading to disney.

Rides were great and waits very low. Never again will we be able to ride everything(some multiple times) in HS(except rise) from 4-8pm with dinner at 50's or riding Kali river rapids 4 times in a row without getting out of our raft. It certainly spoiled us. My daughter would see 25 minutes listed as the wait and get bummed.

Also we got our noses swabbed this morning at ARC labs in Southboro...expensive for sure but required and they have a 48 hour turnaround vs everyone else I called that had 5-7 days. Now we wait for our results.

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask.

Scott

Hello all...We got back last night after 11 wonderful days in Disney. It will certainly go down as one of our most memorable trips. We stayed at BWV and had a great standard view room(one we will never get again in normal times as a non-owner there) but what a great use of points. Masks weren't too bad the worst part for me was not being able to walk around with a beer or snack and enjoy them. Having to stop off to the side stunk. Also not being able to park hop was a bummer. Epcot is our usually night time spot and not being able to do that was worse than I thought before heading to disney.

Rides were great and waits very low. Never again will we be able to ride everything(some multiple times) in HS(except rise) from 4-8pm with dinner at 50's or riding Kali river rapids 4 times in a row without getting out of our raft. It certainly spoiled us. My daughter would see 25 minutes listed as the wait and get bummed.

Also we got our noses swabbed this morning at ARC labs in Southboro...expensive for sure but required and they have a 48 hour turnaround vs everyone else I called that had 5-7 days. Now we wait for our results.

Scott
Sounds good. I know the Holy Family Hospital in Methuen near me has fast turnaround for testing

Scott

Welcome Back Scott! I hope your tests come back negative!!

The park hopping is a factor thats keeping me away too...It would be super hard to be at BWV or BC and not have hopper privileges!!

How was your travel experience?

Scott
Welcome back! Glad to hear the low crowds and wait times offset the negatives. It's a time to remember for sure.
I've got my fingers crossed hoping they open up EPCOT and the MK for later evening hours as the holidays approach as well as allowing evening park hopping again. We know they need the business and we're willing to give it to them, Disney is being good with doing their best with following safety guidelines.

Welcome Back Scott! I hope your tests come back negative!!

The park hopping is a factor thats keeping me away too...It would be super hard to be at BWV or BC and not have hopper privileges!!

How was your travel experience?
We flew out of Providence on SW and it was great. Only about 40 people on each flight. Only issue was everyone still sat near the front of the plane. They really should make it every other row when the flights are that empty.

Scott
Glad you had a great time. Of course we are now kicking ourselves that we didn't take a trip this summer- we had so many changes that we could have pulled it off... until we got a puppy! We are hopeful our Thanksgiving trip will be a go- we fly back on Friday so just need to line up a test on Saturday so I can return to work on Monday. Hoping by November tests are easier to come by. (I really wish they offered them at the airport!)

Scott
I'm amazed that we still have places with 5-7 day turn around time. There are tests that give results in 15 minutes. The longest one should wait for results is 24 hours.

I'm amazed that we still have places with 5-7 day turn around time. There are tests that give results in 15 minutes. The longest one should wait for results is 24 hours.
There was is a 15 minute option and was half the price. Unfortunately MA doesn't allow that test to waive the quarantine order.

I've got a concern about the quarantine in MA, wondering if there's any exemption, but I doubt it. The situation is that Mom is 88 yo (resident of MA), and I'm the only family member, living in TX. If something happens to her (I hesitate to say it, but the reality is....), would I still have to quarantine for 14 days entering MA, or is there any exemption? I'd probably just be out of luck, so Mom better stay healthy! But since this has been a concern of mine, I finally decided to ask. Anyone have ideas?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter