• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

May 12, 2007 -- Taking the Magic to the Mediterranean -- 14 day Repo Cruise!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not there now, but I was born in Salem and went to 5th grade in Kaizer.

My Grandma and uncles still live in the Salem area, so it's home for me. My parents have a house in Independence in an airport community. It's too funny, cuz every house has a hangar.

My sister lives in the tri cities in Western WA.

Yes I am in Eastern WA and its been raining all day with snow in the mountains. If the weather gets really bad I am not going through Stephenson's pass but out the other way.

I will spread lots of love for you while I am driving between Salem and Keizer. Especially on Thanksgiving!

I will have to tell Flyboy at Independence. We had looked at a similar airport community to live in Florida. If its not too far we will probably take a ride out there.
Flyboy is in MSP tonight and Cleveland tomorrow night. He has been flying the 70 and 90 seaters this month so just think he is in the friendly skies above you all. He is not liking the time zone changes on his over-nights.

One O'Hare approach/ flight pattern is over our house. Luckily the airport is an hour away by car, so they are still fairly high up. I'll be sure to wave at flyboy on the off chance he passes by.:) Please ask him not to release any blue ice over our house. thanks!

Karen, if you are going to Lincoln City, consider heading down the coast just a bit and going to Ainslee's Candies in Depoe Bay. They make their own salt water taffy on the premises, so always fresh. It is the best ever! and they have tons of flavors. They also make carmelcorn. yum! We would always let the kids pick up their own little bags and then head over to Beverly Beach where we could watch all the sea creatures in the tide pools. So beautiful! Nice memories!

Yes I am in Eastern WA and its been raining all day with snow in the mountains. If the weather gets really bad I am not going through Stephenson's pass but out the other way.

I will spread lots of love for you while I am driving between Salem and Keizer. Especially on Thanksgiving!

I will have to tell Flyboy at Independence. We had looked at a similar airport community to live in Florida. If its not too far we will probably take a ride out there.
Flyboy is in MSP tonight and Cleveland tomorrow night. He has been flying the 70 and 90 seaters this month so just think he is in the friendly skies above you all. He is not liking the time zone changes on his over-nights.

I am in one of the landing patterns for the Cleveland airport :) I will wave :wave as he flys over :)

Debbie

Good Morning Kids,

Very Busy at work the last couple of weeks and I need to go into my office today, hope to get an extra day or two off next week.

We got the Christmas lights up on the house yesterday, used a bunch of duck tape to secure the lights from the high winds we get here. The house looks good, if I do say so myself. Today we will get the lawn lights and stuff up. Inside decorations will wait till next week.

Normally we put up the outside decorations over Thanksgiving weekend, but we are expecting rain and snow. Would rather put them up when the weather is a little warmer.

Had a muscle pull/strain that has really hampered my training. Giving it another day to repair and then have to start slowly back to. Lynn has been keeping up with her walking the pups, except on windy days.

Hope one and all have a great weekend and a great turkey day.

Hey everyone!! I know I haven't posted in forever.....but it's been a busy busy few weeks for me and Jason. So, as tacky as it is to repeat basically the same post on two different threads, I'll tell all of you what I told the Double Dip folks on our other thread!! :)

We've been very busy after our trip to California and then turned right around and went on another business trip to Albany, NY...now Thanksgiving coming up, then pretty much right after that another work conference in Atlanta linked to a fabulous 4 day trip to WDW...and then it's time for Xmas!!! What a busy (and fun) way to end the year. Once we're done with the holidays, however, all our attention is focused on the Double Dip trip. We've got most of our bookings done and everything....now we have to just pay off the cruise and figure out excursions and Palo and all that good stuff! :)

Hope everyone has a great turkey day!

Hi Scott, Hi Eric! It's nice to hear from you. Scott, thanks for setting me to think about Christmas decorations. I really need to start. Seems like I just putthem away from last year. I also needto start wrapping THIS YEAR it's my goal to get a good night's sleep on Christmas Eve! Eric, I'm jealous ofnall your fun trips, but I'm glad you get to enjoy them. I think of you and Jason often!

Here is our weekend project.

47b7cf39b3127cceb065c1d8da9f00000026100AZNG7lw1cuGOg

47b7cf39b3127cceb065c1e75b9000000026100AZNG7lw1cuGOg

It is begining to look a lot like Christmas.

Good Morning Kids,

Very Busy at work the last couple of weeks and I need to go into my office today, hope to get an extra day or two off next week.

We got the Christmas lights up on the house yesterday, used a bunch of duck tape to secure the lights from the high winds we get here. The house looks good, if I do say so myself. Today we will get the lawn lights and stuff up. Inside decorations will wait till next week.

Normally we put up the outside decorations over Thanksgiving weekend, but we are expecting rain and snow. Would rather put them up when the weather is a little warmer.

Had a muscle pull/strain that has really hampered my training. Giving it another day to repair and then have to start slowly back to. Lynn has been keeping up with her walking the pups, except on windy days.

Hope one and all have a great weekend and a great turkey day.

Sorry to hear about the muscle pull/strain. :flower3: I am still hobbling around, but only use one crutch if I am walking alot.

Good job on getting all the outside decorations up!! That is a big job.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Debbie

Debbie good to hear you are on the mend. Hang in there.

You will also be glad to know that there are almost two full rolls of duck tape in holding the decorations up. We had wind gust up to 56 MPH just the other day.

Debbie good to hear you are on the mend. Hang in there.

You will also be glad to know that there are almost two full rolls of duck tape in holding the decorations up. We had wind gust up to 56 MPH just the other day.

But what color is the duct tape :thumbsup2 :rotfl2:

Debbie

Hey Everybody - hope all is well for turkey week. Scott, the house looks great! Deb, glad you are getting along with the crutch. We look forward to seeingyou, If anyone is interested in 2 tickets for the Candlelight Processional in Epcot on 12/8, please PM me and let me know and I will give you the details. There are a bunch of us going and Jerry & Sherry couldn't make it. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!:)

Hey Everybody - hope all is well for turkey week. Scott, the house looks great! Deb, glad you are getting along with the crutch. We look forward to seeingyou, If anyone is interested in 2 tickets for the Candlelight Processional in Epcot on 12/8, please PM me and let me know and I will give you the details. There are a bunch of us going and Jerry & Sherry couldn't make it. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!:)

I sure wish I could join you--it would make for an awesome birthday. Oh well:rolleyes1 Next Spetember will be here before I know it, right?:)

Scott: The house looks great:thumbsup2

Deb: Keep healing.

Deanna: We just have a few things left to pick up (mainly the Santa gift for the year--a karaoke system) next week and then we are done with the shopping. I am also mostly done with the wrapping:woohoo: Big deal because both sets of grandparents send me $$ and ask me to shop and wrap for them as well (but Hank--he was on the cruise--IS making a gorgeous rack for Marika to dispay her karate belts on; she is so going to love that). Moral of the story, it can be done (I mostly only do it because I cannot get through December doing it all then with two kids' b-day parties to throw, etc. I am just not capable of keeping my sanity otherwise:laughing: ).

Deb: I hope you are ALL mended soon:goodvibes

Hi Guys, Nice cheery house Scott and Lynn - very, very pretty! We'll get our stuff up here on Friday when they entire neighborhood tries to look like the Griswolds in 74 degree weather.

We'll head off to Goofy's kitchen this year for Thanksgiving - last year we went to the Grand Ballroom. I never realized there were thousands of families who go to DL for Thanksgiving until I had a kitchen under construction. It's a riot with everyone using fake Disney names - we'll be the Robinson's this year. There are only 4 of us and one is a vegetarian, so DL is perfect for T-day. Then we have family movie night and set up the house for Christmas. Only a couple of weeks till our trip to WDW, Candlelight processional at DL with Jane Seymour, and High School Musical the concert, Rose parade! - I'm tired and excited just writing it all out! Good thing I'm done and wrapped with all the Xmas presents - now I'm ebaying like crazy and trying to finish two classes.

Called DCL yesterday, they are still waiting for the 2009 itinerary, they said it is done and it will be any day now.

Scott, it looks very pretty. Does the residue from the duck tape come off easily? I duck taped a pillow to my hiney for halloween and it took awhile to get the sticky off my clothes. That was fabric, of course. Just wondering, cuz I'm thinking of trying it myself!

Sandy, nice to hear from you. It sounds like you are settling in nicely in Florida. I hope so. You are good people.

Hadley, we have two birthdays in November (3rd and 17th), two in December (the 27th), two in January (1st and 28th)...between Halloween and Valentine's Day, we are constantly on the go! Then we have one around Easter and three in August. It's the ones around the Holidays that are the "most fun" though. I breathe a sigh of relief every Valentines Day.

I feel your December pain!

Debbie, I hope you heal quickly.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Scott, it looks very pretty. Does the residue from the duck tape come off easily? I duck taped a pillow to my hiney for halloween and it took awhile to get the sticky off my clothes. That was fabric, of course. Just wondering, cuz I'm thinking of trying it myself!

Sandy, nice to hear from you. It sounds like you are settling in nicely in Florida. I hope so. You are good people.

Hadley, we have two birthdays in November (3rd and 17th), two in December (the 27th), two in January (1st and 28th)...between Halloween and Valentine's Day, we are constantly on the go! Then we have one around Easter and three in August. It's the ones around the Holidays that are the "most fun" though. I breathe a sigh of relief every Valentines Day.

I feel your December pain!

Debbie, I hope you heal quickly.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

OOOH I can answer that one!! On a solid surface (not fabric like you described), duct tape will leave a residue...but the residue can be removed with "Goo Gone" which is readily available in hardware stores, etc....but it can also be removed with an oil based product....ironically I've found that an oil cooking spray is a very easy and convenient way to get up tape residue (as long as the oil won't damage the surface). You can direct the spray at the sticky, saturate it and then scrub or wipe it away (depending on how pesky the residue is).

Hey All--Back from an incredible week at Disney World. The weather was phenomenal, and of course, we had the time of our lives!! Time to get cracking on the vacation DVD already, but I wanted to post the other clip from our Transatlantic DVD that I mentioned before I left. Again, the scene didn't upload all that clearly, but when we watch on the plasma tv, it looks perfect!

It's from the sail away party, and at least 10 or 11 Disers can be seen in it. If you watch, hope you enjoy it!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=MRqR1vwwbx0

P.S. If ANYone who saw themselves in our video would prefer that they NOT be on YouTube in the clip, please PM me, and I will remove the clip from YouTube. I won't be offended. Thanks, have a great week everyone!

Hey All--Back from an incredible week at Disney World. The weather was phenomenal, and of course, we had the time of our lives!! Time to get cracking on the vacation DVD already, but I wanted to post the other clip from our Transatlantic DVD that I mentioned before I left. Again, the scene didn't upload all that clearly, but when we watch on the plasma tv, it looks perfect!

It's from the sail away party, and at least 10 or 11 Disers can be seen in it. If you watch, hope you enjoy it!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=MRqR1vwwbx0

P.S. If ANYone who saw themselves in our video would prefer that they NOT be on YouTube in the clip, please PM me, and I will remove the clip from YouTube. I won't be offended. Thanks, have a great week everyone!

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
Aw....that made me cry a little bit! :)

I'm in awe at all the special effects and what-not...you should seriously make and sell that stuff! :thumbsup2

Thanks for the memories....and I'm glad that I looked happy in most those pics! ;)

Chris, I am totally bawling my eyes out and MISSING you and everyone. You captured that sooooo well. Marika just watched it with me and her comment is "That was totally way better than any of the stuff on the Disney DVD for making people want to cruise" Wow, wow and wow again. I just sent the links to both to my dad in Mexico. And I am with Erik that you should sell these.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter