~May 14, 2011~ Eastbound Transatlantic Cruise on the Magic!

:thumbsup2 The last time we cruised DCL, Hunter was only 2 so he hasn't experienced the kids clubs. This will be a trip of firsts for us.

Initially, I was a bit apprehensive about pulling him out of school so late in the year but, if we don't do it now, it'll be a while before we'll be able to justify him missing so much time. We were booked on the Sept. 2010 WBTA but when the dates were released for 2011, my husband and I decided to this would work much better for all of us.
We sailed for the 1st time in June on a Western. We literally had to drag them kicking and screaming out of the club. I was so impressed with how well it was run. They are really looking forward to all those sea days in the club-- and us too! ;-)

Roll Call
DIS Name surf2di4 & left coast lady
First Name of Those Sailing KARL & ROBIN
Ages of children at time of sailing 53 at time of sailing robin won't tell her age
Stateroom(s) 8546
Cruised Before? WBPC '08
Celebrating anything special? first time to europe

HI we can't wait we had planned on the 2010 EBTA but scheduling just didn't work out!
but we are going to Alaska in July instead, for a huge family reunion.

karl

Hey Karl! We were on the PC also! Loved that cruise! Can't wait for this one!

Hi Karl-Welcome. We're stateroom 8046. When you cruised in '08 did you have a 1-bedroom?

Sarah
hi sarah
we had 5650 veranda with a metal wall!!!
my TA was able to move us forward to 8532. so please update the first page!!!

karl

hi sarah
we had 5650 veranda with a metal wall!!!
karl

So you'll have a lot more room this time around! Was just wondering if you had any insider-info you could share on the Cat T. Our last Disney Cruise we were in a Cat 4 which was perfect for us but we're looking forward to having more room since the cruise is twice as long.

Thanks for your response!

Have a great day,
Sarah

Our trio will be missing the last 2 weeks of school which shouldn't be an issue. We sailed for the 1st time in June on a Western. We literally had to drag them kicking and screaming out of the club. I was so impressed with how well it was run. They are really looking forward to all those sea days in the club-- and us too! ;-)

Good to know. I've heard only good things about the clubs and I'm excited for Hunter to have two weeks to form friendships on this cruise. Its reassuring that they have somewhere to go and be independent while being supervised at the same time.

Roll Call
Ages of children at time of sailing 53 at time of sailing robin won't tell her age
Stateroom(s) 8532
Cruised Before? WBPC '08

HI we can't wait we had planned on the 2010 EBTA but scheduling just didn't work out!

karl

We were also on the '08 WBPC!! Our first Disney cruise. Now we have 3 more scheduled...4 night Wonder Dec. 6, July 12 Northern Europe and this one.

:thumbsup2 The last time we cruised DCL, Hunter was only 2 so he hasn't experienced the kids clubs. This will be a trip of firsts for us.

Initially, I was a bit apprehensive about pulling him out of school so late in the year but, if we don't do it now, it'll be a while before we'll be able to justify him missing so much time. We were booked on the Sept. 2010 WBTA but when the dates were released for 2011, my husband and I decided to this would work much better for all of us.

We are fortunate enough that our district has independent study contracts. I sign a contract, the school gives him the work, he returns to school with work completed, and the school considers him present!!! His teachers also agree that he would learn more at foreign ports than sitting in a classroom as well. Also, the last fw weeks of school are ok to miss. Most of the time the grades are submitted with still 3-4 weeks of education left.

Our trio will be missing the last 2 weeks of school which shouldn't be an issue. We sailed for the 1st time in June on a Western. We literally had to drag them kicking and screaming out of the club. I was so impressed with how well it was run. They are really looking forward to all those sea days in the club-- and us too! ;-)

Same here. Jack enjoyed a lot of aspects of the kids club. HE cried when we debarked the ship...just didn't want to get off. And that was after 2 weeks of being on the ship.

We were also on the '08 WBPC!! Our first Disney cruise. Now we have 3 more scheduled...4 night Wonder Dec. 6, July 12 Northern Europe and this one.

We are fortunate enough that our district has independent study contracts. I sign a contract, the school gives him the work, he returns to school with work completed, and the school considers him present!!! His teachers also agree that he would learn more at foreign ports than sitting in a classroom as well. Also, the last fw weeks of school are ok to miss. Most of the time the grades are submitted with still 3-4 weeks of education left.

Same here. Jack enjoyed a lot of aspects of the kids club. HE cried when we debarked the ship...just didn't want to get off. And that was after 2 weeks of being on the ship.
That's cool about the independent study contracts. And my trio cried as we disembarked too. They said they wanted to live on the Magic. It was a great vacation!

i love that study contract. what a great idea. I don't mind pulling my kids out for the last two weeks either, like you said grades are usually in so they wont be missing much. We have been on 6 Disney cruises and have a couple planned for this year already. My little girl loves the clubs and my son has always had a great time also.

Hi!

Anybody staying on board and doing the 11 night Med after the transatlantic?

Roll Call
Stateroom(s) 8532
Cruised Before? WBPC '08

karl

Hi....This is Robin. Just thought I'd introduce myself also, & make a change/addition to Karl's roll call info.
My DIS name is LeftCoastLady (he had spaces) ;)
& as far as celebrating, it is Karl's first time to Europe. I was there approximately a zillion years ago (& it's still there)!
I guess I'm also celebrating one of those dreaded "zero" birthdays. :cake: Maybe this cruise will make it a little easier to digest!! pixiedust:
Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Hi....This is Robin. Just thought I'd introduce myself also, & make a change/addition to Karl's roll call info.
& as far as celebrating, it is Karl's first time to Europe. I was there approximately a zillion years ago (& it's still there)!
I guess I'm also celebrating one of those dreaded "zero" birthdays. :cake: Maybe this cruise will make it a little easier to digest!! pixiedust:

Hello! Welcome Aboard! I am happy to see a fellow "Thieve". LOL.

Hi!

DH only gets three weeks, and he can't accrue any once he has 3 weeks. He has to take strategically take vacation days until the Baltic to make sure he will have 3 weeks while not losing any from not using them. Make sense? We may look into Madrid, Andorra, Marseilles, or DLP for a few days post cruise but that is it.

Hi, Robin! :yay: I'm sure your b'day will be great on the ship!

DH only gets three weeks, and he can't accrue any once he has 3 weeks. He has to take strategically take vacation days until the Baltic to make sure he will have 3 weeks while not losing any from not using them. Make sense? We may look into Madrid, Andorra, Marseilles, or DLP for a few days post cruise but that is it.
That'll be us too (DH gets 3 weeks not- may be 4 by then). And I'm a RN and accrue PTO by the hour, so I'm going to have to be very careful with vacation time between now and then.

Hi!

We have been thinking of it...but my hubby says we should just take the train and explore, he would also like to go to Germany. We are going to do some more traveling once we get there but not sure how yet...LOL....I think i need to start researching!!

Just wanted to let you know that I let the reservation for this cruise (and the 11-night Med cruise following it) expire without paying the deposit. The prices for both cruises haven't gone up for the cat. 11C cabin I originally reserved. If that's still the case when I cruise on the Wonder in December, I may book one or the other (or both!) of these cruises onboard to get a discount and onboard credit.

Just wanted to let you know that I let the reservation for this cruise (and the 11-night Med cruise following it) expire without paying the deposit. The prices for both cruises haven't gone up for the cat. 11C cabin I originally reserved. If that's still the case when I cruise on the Wonder in December, I may book one or the other (or both!) of these cruises onboard to get a discount and onboard credit.

We are on the Dec. 6 Wonder. Our plan is to compare the price in Dec. to the release date price. If it is a better deal to rebook on-board with the OBC and 10% discount, we will rebook the reservation and apply our deposit. I don't think it will sell too much before December...especially because everyone wants to go to Alaska. That and it is still sooooo far away!!!

I am keeping what I have for now. If the prices stay the same and I can rebook on the Magic in the Baltic, I will to get the discount, otherwise, I will just keep what I have. The price is very reasonable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter