~May 14, 2011~ Eastbound Transatlantic Cruise on the Magic!

Yes ! We are going July 18 with our son and his family. This is their 1st Disney cruise so I can't wait !!!!

BTW, I see you're going to Helsinki. We were on a Baltic cruise 2008 ( Jewel of Seas ). If you go to Poorvoo ( outside of Helsinki ) include the horse farm. We chose the 1/2 day tour that didn't include the farm and hearing from others, we really missed the best part of the tour???

We really wanted to go to the Med since we were in the Baltic recently, but my son chose the Baltic. We loved Stockhol. Took a 2 day private tour ( Denrus ) in St Petersburg .Well, it was a semi-private tour ( 25 ) called their value tour and it was wonderful. Great guide and we saw everything !! Oslo is easily done on your own and so is Copenhagen. Beautiful scenery !! You'll love it !!

Has anyone started a page on Facebook for this cruise? If not, if y'all are interested, I can start a group for us. In addition to the DIS, its a great way to keep in contact and post pics of previous cruises. Let me know if you're interested.

Have a great day!
Sarah

Has anyone started a page on Facebook for this cruise? If not, if y'all are interested, I can start a group for us. In addition to the DIS, its a great way to keep in contact and post pics of previous cruises. Let me know if you're interested.

Have a great day!
Sarah

i am not. but am not a huge facebook person even though i have a profile on it.... please do it for every1 else that might be!!!!!

karl

Have a great day!
Sarah
Sounds great!

Have a great day!
Sarah

I don't think there is one. I know there is one for the Baltic cruise I am on. I think it is a great idea!!! For anyone interested...

Beth Anschultz Los Angeles network for anyone who wants to friend request...say you are on the cruise so I don't "ignore/deny" it!!!

First of all.....GO BAMA! ROOOOOOLLLLLL TIDE!

My family if from J'ville and always been 'Bama fans.

We have decided to take the "plunge" and I booked the 2011 EBTA!

We bounced from the 2010 WBTA to the 2010 EBTA, but when this cruise came out we changed. We like that it is mid to end of May and with the economy like it is here in the D' it gives us more time to save. Actually I had enough to almost make the whole balance when I switched from the other cruise, because I dropped the air and transfers and downgraded. We are hoping to upgrade at a discount at the port, but if not I am happy with the cabin we were able to get. Inside deck 7 aft, near the "secret" veranda.

There will be 3 of us, my DD will be 8, and we will be celebrating my partners birthday in Bacelona on the 6th of June....most likely on the plane home.

Welcome Jewel! We will practically be neighbors if you don't end up moving at the port!

I hope everyone is already enjoying this holiday season! I know I am...Christmas music, baking gingerbread (I still need to make the sugar cookies!), mailing Christmas cards, etc.

We plan to get our tree up in the next few days....I look forward to seeing my new stained glass "Castaway Cay" ornament added to it this year (I collect ornaments when I travel, so my tree is a reminder of all the places I've been...looking forward to adding some new countries in 2011!).

Happy Holidays Everyone!

Chanukah starts on Friday , we're going to disney this weekend. Maybe we will make latkes (potato pancakes) this week.

Hi Scrapycruiser....
I like the photos of your dogs!
I breed Cavaliers. :) We have quite a few of them here. :dog::dog::dog::dog::dog::dog:party:

Hi Scrapycruiser....
I like the photos of your dogs!
I breed Cavaliers. :) We have quite a few of them here. :dog::dog::dog::dog::dog::dog:party:

We'll have to share pictures ! I'd love to have more...maybe one day ! Anyway, Casey (the Tri) and Molly (Blenheim) are the love of my life !!

We'll have to share pictures ! I'd love to have more...maybe one day ! Anyway, Casey (the Tri) and Molly (Blenheim) are the love of my life !!

I totally understand! I've had Cavaliers since 1984, & currently have 6. My oldest is a tri named Casey also! :goodvibes Casey is 10, & is a 3rd generation of mine.
We tried to get them all in one spot for a holiday photo, so if I can figure out how to get it on here, I can share it. Oddly, this is the first time in 25 years that I don't have a blenheim! I've got the other 3 colors. :love:

Hi,

Just booked us on this crusie with our DVC points.

Just Hubby and myself - can't wait - we tried a 3 day cruise in May and loved it. Ended up looking for another cruise when we go to WDW in May 2011 and for the same points as a 7 day cruise - we get a whole fortnight on this one - yippee.

We will be right at the bottom on deck 1 - but not sure we will be spending that long in our cabins (I hope). But at least after a long day should be easy to find the cabin - just keep going down!

Ian & Sharon

Quiet thread so far.....I am sure it will pick up the closer we get!

We have to come up with a snappy name for our group. Any idea?

Naw......We gotta come up with a REALLY UNIQUE, awesome, super, great name....Just like the cruise is gonna be!

Hello All! Hope everyone enjoyed the holidays. I haven't gotten around to creating the Facebook group but once my son is back in school I should have a bit more time to get it started. I will post the link once it's up and running.

For anyone interested...

Beth Anschultz Los Angeles network for anyone who wants to friend request...say you are on the cruise so I don't "ignore/deny" it!!!

There will be 3 of us, my DD will be 8, and we will be celebrating my partners birthday in Bacelona on the 6th of June....most likely on the plane home.

Beth, I friended you. I believe we have sons close in age. Jewelmicky, my son will also be 8 when we cruise. This will be our 2nd Disney cruise and his first in the kids' clubs as he was 2 on our first cruise with Disney.

Seriously considering booking this cruise. I plan to wait to see what on-board credits they offer for this cruise when we sail 1/31/2010 plus I sent an inquiry to Dreams Unlimited.
I always book category 9 mid ship room and have had no issues but I am questioning this category on a transatlantic. Would love to hear some feed back from anybody who may have experienced or knows of someone who has experience cat 9 on a transatlantic cruise.

Seriously considering booking this cruise. I plan to wait to see what on-board credits they offer for this cruise when we sail 1/31/2010 plus I sent an inquiry to Dreams Unlimited.
I always book category 9 mid ship room and have had no issues but I am questioning this category on a transatlantic. Would love to hear some feed back from anybody who may have experienced or knows of someone who has experience cat 9 on a transatlantic cruise.

hi
first welcome!!!:banana::banana:
there is not going to be much on board credit, cause repos are general lower in price on a day to day comparison to a normal cruise. so i would not base it on what you might get, but on the experience of doing a trans-atlantic crossing!

karl

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter