May 6th, 2022 -10-Night Hawaiian Cruise from Honolulu to Vancouver (Kahului, Hilo, Nawiliwili, Nawiliwili)

Well I just got word from my good friend who is on the Wonder beginning the Panama Canal Cruise. There was no Sail Away party and no show in the Walt Disney Theater scheduled for the first night.:confused: Obviously she was not happy at all. They have also been notified that there will be no Pirate Deck Party and fireworks will happen on two different nights and everyone will be assigned a specific night. I don’t know about the rest of you but one of the top reasons we sail Disney is for its excellent entertainment. Without their great entertainment why pay the extra money? We could sail on a more cost effective line. All I can do is hope that by the time we sail things will be back to normal. I can’t wait to hear how her 2 week trip progresses.

Well I just got word from my good friend who is on the Wonder beginning the Panama Canal Cruise. There was no Sail Away party and no show in the Walt Disney Theater scheduled for the first night.:confused: Obviously she was not happy at all. They have also been notified that there will be no Pirate Deck Party and fireworks will happen on two different nights and everyone will be assigned a specific night. I don’t know about the rest of you but one of the top reasons we sail Disney is for its excellent entertainment. Without their great entertainment why pay the extra money? We could sail on a more cost effective line. All I can do is hope that by the time we sail things will be back to normal. I can’t wait to hear how her 2 week trip progresses.

We have sailed on 4 cruises since the restart in August and that is how they have all been with limited entertainment. Even with the restrictions it is still magical though!!! 🥰

She felt they should have been informed of the limited entertainment and any other changes made due to Covid. She booked one of the big cabins on deck 8. That’s a lot of money to shell out for a two week cruise. She might have booked on another “luxury“ line instead.

I don’t know if y’all have seen the news today. But Canada has announced that we will have to provide a Covid test within 72 hours of disembarking. My guess is Disney will set up a testing area for us to be tested on board. 🤷🏻‍♀️ If you are interested the Disney Cruise Line Blog has an article on it today.

I don’t know if y’all have seen the news today. But Canada has announced that we will have to provide a Covid test within 72 hours of disembarking. My guess is Disney will set up a testing area for us to be tested on board. 🤷🏻‍♀️ If you are interested the Disney Cruise Line Blog has an article on it today.
Not trying to be too negative but I have often wondered how much of the extra magic DCL put into their sailings will never come back simply due to cost cutting. The ships are always booked solid. The shows in the theater will be back for sure though

I just found out our non stop flight from Orlando to HNL has been cancelled by Hawaiian Airlines....now to come up with another flight plan. 🙁

We called Hawaiian Airlines and are now flying in a day earlier on the 29th. Does anyone have a suggestion of a good hotel close to the airport just to sleep at for one night? If I try to adjust our car rental I will get charged the new rates which is almost double what we reserved for so we are limited. We just need a place to sleep then get up the next day and head to Aulani. ❤️

FYI.......May 4th Luau at Aulani is open for booking. I booked mine yesterday. I'm not staying there, but I wanted to visit, and the luau has very good ratings.

Just got an email (I'm sure you will too, if you haven't already) updating the mask protocol for our cruise. Face masks now optional in most indoor locations...

Face Coverings

Face coverings are not required for Guests outdoors while on board the ship. Face coverings will be optional in most indoor locations throughout the ship. Guests under 5 years of age who are currently ineligible to be vaccinated will be required to wear face coverings in Youth Activity spaces and in the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique; and, while not required, we continue to strongly recommend these guests wear a face covering in all other indoor locations. Face coverings are required on motorcoach transportation and in the cruise terminal and may be required in ports of call based on local government requirements.

Press conference going on now. Cruise passengers do NOT need to test prior to debarkation, but will need an antigen test within 24 hours of cruise departure! Woo Hoo.

ArriveCAN still required, so proof of VAX required.

Press conference going on now. Cruise passengers do NOT need to test prior to debarkation, but will need an antigen test within 24 hours of cruise departure! Woo Hoo.

ArriveCAN still required, so proof of VAX required.
So for us coming from Hawaii we do not need to test at all for Cananda...we only need to test after the cruise if we are US citizens flying back home? I am correct?

So for us coming from Hawaii we do not need to test at all for Cananda...we only need to test after the cruise if we are US citizens flying back home? I am correct?
You will still need to test prior to boarding. That's what I meant by prior to departure. Should have been clearer and said "cruise departure". And currently before entering the US, although I would expect that requirement to go away

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter