May 6th, 2022 -10-Night Hawaiian Cruise from Honolulu to Vancouver (Kahului, Hilo, Nawiliwili, Nawiliwili)

DW is now worried about the U.S. requirement to provide test results to get back in. Hopefully that policy is relaxed or removed prior to our trip. I don't want to be looking for a place to get tested in Vancouver before we get on a plane.

DW is now worried about the U.S. requirement to provide test results to get back in. Hopefully that policy is relaxed or removed prior to our trip. I don't want to be looking for a place to get tested in Vancouver before we get on a plane.
Me too… I’m looking into driving to Seattle just to avoid having to test.

I went ahead and booked a rental car to Seattle just in case...I can cancel without fees. They have several nonstop flights from Seattle to Orlando so we would actually get home quicker than our original flight out of Vancouver. Now I just wait to see what the US requirements will be by May and hope a test is not required for vaccinated citizens.

I know we cannot do Fish Extenders but on our DCL cruise last month several people had hidden Cruising Ducks. I made some for our family to hide onboard so be on the lookout for them. 😍

Attachments

• C695719D-A654-4A4B-AE28-8ED79177B698.jpeg
    C695719D-A654-4A4B-AE28-8ED79177B698.jpeg
    74.4 KB · Views: 9
  • DB73EC29-8D61-4954-92AE-E1A939C7C316.jpeg
    DB73EC29-8D61-4954-92AE-E1A939C7C316.jpeg
    84.2 KB · Views: 9
We had a port adventure disappear from our May 9th day. It was there yesterday but gone today so I don't think it is part of the huge disaster of the DCL upgrade. I tried to book the adventure again and it is showing Sold Out. 🙁 I know it would take forever to get through on the phones so I guess I will just wait and see what happens.

We had a port adventure disappear from our May 9th day. It was there yesterday but gone today so I don't think it is part of the huge disaster of the DCL upgrade. I tried to book the adventure again and it is showing Sold Out. 🙁 I know it would take forever to get through on the phones so I guess I will just wait and see what happens.

was that the mud bug adventure? My reservation for that is now missing.

If any of y’all are also on the Vancouver to Hawaii cruise I was able to check in online for that cruise a few minutes ago. Early!!!

We’ll see. Someone else posted that they did their checkin for their cruise a few days ago and went back in and it was as if they hadn’t done the check in. 😩. They had their original pat paperwork so hopefully that QR scan will work but they still had to redo all their check in info.

I don’t know what information ya’ll are looking at. But according to my TA Disney’s current policy is that “Disney Cruise Line will work with its testing partners to conduct the antigen test required at disembarkation into Canada for sailings longer than 72 hours.” (That was issued by Disney on March 22nd) Canada is removing their requirements at airports and for land border crossing. Still no definite word on what that means for our ship. Also we currently have to provide a test for the US to return. Don’t know yet if Disney will be assisting in any way. I am hoping that the test we get onboard to enter Canada can also be used to re-enter the US. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Actually hoping that just being fully vaccinated will erase all of this additional testing.🤞 Time will tell.

Just got notification that as of April 1st we will no longer need pre entry test upon entering Canada. :cheer2: However we must use ArriveCan to enter.

So does that mean we are down to two tests, at embarkation and then to fly into US? Hope the latter also goes away before the cruise.

I’m on the outbound sailing but reading this thread for interest.
I was just on a girls trip in Budapest and most of my friends used an online service for their US required testing. I don’t recall the name I can find out but the online proctoring was $20. It was actually really easy the only glitch is that you had to have a laptop with a WebCam. No iPad or phone so keep that in mind if you guys are looking for those types of Tele medical testing services what equipment you need. The group was lucky in the fact that I had a laptop and another friend brought one with.

edit: they used Ihealth. ( need laptop)

Last edited:
I emailed Safe Passage and they confirmed an antigen test will be performed in Honolulu before we board! 🥰

A lot of Verandah rooms opened up, but at 4K more than I paid for an 11C GTY it’s hard to justify, especially with the excursions costing 2K and we don’t spend a lot of time in the room. I might consider a 7A upgrade for 1.5 - 2K if they were to open up. The first sailing from Vancouver to Honolulu looks empty compared to ours….OMG going B2B would be epic!…is anyone doing all 20 days?

Any runners on board? I’m an avid runner and will be running the deck daily 8-12 miles between 5-7 am. Was thinking of making a challenge for the Sea Days.….no pressure, all fitness levels welcome, I hate the gyms and live for sunrises.

Super excited for this cruise, let’s Gooooooo!

Last edited:
A lot of Verandah rooms opened up, but at 4K more than I paid for an 11C GTY it’s hard to justify, especially with the excursions costing 2K and we don’t spend a lot of time in the room. I might consider a 7A upgrade for 1.5 - 2K if they were to open up. The first sailing from Vancouver to Honolulu looks empty compared to ours….OMG going B2B would be epic!…is anyone doing all 20 days?

Any runners on board? I’m an avid runner and will be running the deck daily 8-12 miles between 5-7 am. Was thinking of making a challenge for the Sea Days.….no pressure, all fitness levels welcome, I hate the gyms and live for sunrises.

Super excited for this cruise, let’s Gooooooo!
I don't run, but I'm a walker and will be on the track at that time. I'll wave to you as you run by ;p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter