MAYBE A MAY TRIP?? 3 WEEKS SAPPHIRE FALLS 2021

So sorry for the loss of your aunt and grand nephew. Life, illness and death, carries on despite holidays and pandemics. We know of people whose loved ones passed during lockdown periods and could not hold any sort of memorial gathering. That's tough. And a friend became a father for the first time which is also a stressful event made more stressful buy COVID hospital protocols. My very dearest friend received a cancer diagnosis early lockdown and has since had an operation and started chemo. Scary to have to visit hospital regularly when you know COVID is inside those walls.

My mil passed end of November last year, and my fil on Christmas Eve 2016, so we've had our share of sad Christmases but this year I found myself very nostalgic. I steamed a Christmas pudding for the first time, and made custard sauce for the first time. Not exactly the same as I recall my mum's to be but very close and it was lots of fun. We even made a trip to the Scottish butcher for all things Scottish. My Dad used to go fairly regularly and treat us to things but I hadn't been since he passed. Really enjoyed it and wanted all the things! My bother, who lives across the country from me (Canada) was very jealous to see a pic of my steamed pudding and now they are making one today lol. Lots of texts about appropriate bowls and racks etc, its just been a lot of fun. All that to say that eventually you push past all the sadness and on to the fond memories. My Dad had the cheek to pass away on Valentine's Day 2017. With my fil passing that Christmas Eve, and then Dad, I was a bit unnerved as Easter approached lol. Stop dying on holidays people!

Well, it is good to see you Dynamoliz........

I send my very best wishes to your friend. Such a scary time to be going through a horrible disease, all the added worry on top of everything else. Fingers crossed for a good outcome.

You have had a lot of loss around the holidays, but you are correct in being more reflective this year, and I love the sound of your pudding and custard. We love custard and always make my own, but I`ve done that since my mum taught me as a child. Good old Scottish cooking.......

Loving the sound of a Scottish butcher too.....we have some of the best products and meats in the whole world, and a few odd little things too....lol.....

You`re correct though, fond memories take over from heartache. Oh and yes, after those deaths I`d have been worried for Easter too.....it`s funny how the mind works sometimes......I spoke to my cousin in LI earlier and we both agreed no more deaths in our families. I wish.

So good to see you though and thank you for sharing your thoughts......so many are suffering and have suffered so much. Hope all is good with you though :flower3:

Hello! We are hanging in there. I'm working from home and DH is essential so he's out everyday. Kids are doing hybrid school so they're home 3 days a week and in school 2. My senior DD was accepted last month to RIT in their engineering program and accepted a spot on their women's basketball team so she's super excited!! We were scheduled to take an Easter trip to Portofino but rescheduled it for Easter 2021 - hoping everything works out and we can go. We are missing it so much!!!

Hello! We are hanging in there. I'm working from home and DH is essential so he's out everyday. Kids are doing hybrid school so they're home 3 days a week and in school 2. My senior DD was accepted last month to RIT in their engineering program and accepted a spot on their women's basketball team so she's super excited!! We were scheduled to take an Easter trip to Portofino but rescheduled it for Easter 2021 - hoping everything works out and we can go. We are missing it so much!!!

Oh I’m glad to hear you’re all doing well. Having an essential worker has to be a worry.

And huge congratulations to your daughter! Huge kudos for going into Engineering, and excellent on the basketball.

I will keep my fingers crossed your Easter trip happens this year, it’s been tragic to read of everyone cancelling or postponing trips.....but 2021 must surely be better......:wave2:

Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry for the loss of your aunt and your nephew. So sad and awful and made so much worse by not being able to share these life moments with family and friends during covid. Ugh. I'm glad you still had some good times for the holidays and enjoyed some good food and movies! Happy new year to you and looking forward to hopefully following along on more of your travels in 2021!

Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry for the loss of your aunt and your nephew. So sad and awful and made so much worse by not being able to share these life moments with family and friends during covid. Ugh. I'm glad you still had some good times for the holidays and enjoyed some good food and movies! Happy new year to you and looking forward to hopefully following along on more of your travels in 2021!

Thank you so much Kathy.

I think that is one of the hardest things, is not being able to either fly out to New York which we would have done or even drive up to Scotland. Yes, that has been tough.

But, yes, we did manage to have a lovely time all the same despite it always being in the back of our mind. And we chatted all the time and had Facetime chats......

Happy New Year to you too Kathy, I always enjoy your comments and hope to read more next year...... :flower3:

I wanted to stop by and say hello, and I think we all hope 2021 will be better in many ways.

Selfishly, I want travel to be back to normal, or as normal as it can be ::yes::

It`s been a very unusual year with one thing and another, for many of us.......I know so many have us have gone through a lot, we all deserve a good year ahead. I`ve loved reading your comments along the way on this seemingly never ending trip report, and I thank you for your never ending patience in staying with it......:hug:

So, I want to wish each and every one you, your families and loved ones a very Happy New Year......let`s make it a good one.......:wave2:

i-ZqJZVHT-M.gif

I guess you guys over there hit 2021 a little before most of us lol!! Hope it's good so far!!!

And yes, like you, hoping we can all get back to "normal" or much closer to it anyway, where travel isn't a huge risk and more accessible to us all!!

I guess you guys over there hit 2021 a little before most of us lol!! Hope it's good so far!!!

And yes, like you, hoping we can all get back to "normal" or much closer to it anyway, where travel isn't a huge risk and more accessible to us all!!

Thanks Kathy.....not been a bad old day....we did sit up into the early hours last night which is unusual for us, but nice. Today caught up with lots of friends and family too. And hope you have a good day too.......

Oh it is what a lot of us want after wishing the virus away of course......it`ll happen, I`m sure. Might be a little different but as long as we can travel, we`ll be happy :flower3:

Hello, Carole! Wishing you and yours a very Happy New Year!

We are recovering from COVID here. It's crazy -- we have been as careful as careful could be, but our son-in-law, my husband and I all three tested positive for COVID around New Year's. I have a circle of FIVE and three of us with COVID. We have no idea how or where we picked up. We are just so thankful that our daughter and new grand baby were able to stay COVID-free. Thankfully, we all had very mild cases, but my husband is still missing his senses of taste and smell. We recovered from most of the symptoms within a week, but the fatigue is still lingering a bit. Yesterday was the first day we both felt relatively normal.

I'm hoping life will have a little more normalcy in a couple of months. I hope your May trip happens for you all!

Hello, Carole! Wishing you and yours a very Happy New Year!

We are recovering from COVID here. It's crazy -- we have been as careful as careful could be, but our son-in-law, my husband and I all three tested positive for COVID around New Year's. I have a circle of FIVE and three of us with COVID. We have no idea how or where we picked up. We are just so thankful that our daughter and new grand baby were able to stay COVID-free. Thankfully, we all had very mild cases, but my husband is still missing his senses of taste and smell. We recovered from most of the symptoms within a week, but the fatigue is still lingering a bit. Yesterday was the first day we both felt relatively normal.

I'm hoping life will have a little more normalcy in a couple of months. I hope your May trip happens for you all!

Cara it is so good to see you!

I have been wondering if your treatment is over and done with, but you`ve had Covid!! Oh my goodness must have been doubly worrying for you to go through that.

I`m so glad to hear you`re all on the mend, although lingering loss of taste and smell will pass. Fatigue will take it`s time for sure.....make sure you rest plenty and I`m sure I`m preaching to the choir here.......glad your daughter and baby avoided it though. How old is the baby now? She must be such a joy for you all.

One of my Goddaughters has just had a baby. She wasn`t due till February, but all good with mummy and baby.....

I`ll do an update soon, but I doubt May will happen......we`re ok with that as it was a long shot anyway.......there`s always September and December......lol......I`m becoming an expert on deferring flights with Virgin Atlantic.......

Don`t be a stranger, always good to see you and as always sending many good wishes your way to all your family........:flower3:

Happy New Year 🎆 Carole!
I haven’t been on the boards as much since we have had to cancel every trip so far ugh!
We are hoping to get some travel in March but who knows!
I did have both my Pfizer vaccines now and sure hope it becomes more available for all!
I hope we get to meet up in September!
Wishing you and yours health and happiness!

Happy New Year 🎆 Carole!
I haven’t been on the boards as much since we have had to cancel every trip so far ugh!
We are hoping to get some travel in March but who knows!
I did have both my Pfizer vaccines now and sure hope it becomes more available for all!
I hope we get to meet up in September!
Wishing you and yours health and happiness!

And a Happy New Year to you too Caroline........yes, I`ve been woeful at checking on other boards this year.......so haven`t been as vigilant keeping up.

Yes, cancelling trips is never fun and I know how you must have felt. I hope you do get to go in March as I know how much you`ll be missing your trips with Andi......

I don`t think September might be an option either this year, but will cross that bridge when we come to it.......not much else we can do. But, if we are there, we`ll say hello for sure.

Oh I`m glad to hear you got the vaccine, being a nurse, you`re definitely one of the essentials to get it. yes, hope it rolls out faster in America too.

The UK are doing well with the vaccine programme, but I`m so far down the list on who should get it, I have no clue, but it`ll happen when it happens. They do have an excellent programme running here though, all vaccine appointments are sent out when it`s your turn from your Doctor.

But, I will pop over and check up on your report.....and pray it`s a go for March for you and your trip........and yes, all good wishes to you and your family too...... :hug:

I don`t think September might be an option either this year, but will cross that bridge when we come to it.......not much else we can do.
Keep on keeping the faith:flower1:

Even though your country has instituted new travel protocols, really do do we are entering the beginning of the end as long as the proper ratio of vaccinated folks is in place.:wizard:

Keep on keeping the faith:flower1:

Even though your country has instituted new travel protocols, really do do we are entering the beginning of the end as long as the proper ratio of vaccinated folks is in place.:wizard:

Thanks Keisha......

I think this year will certainly bring some major changes, and we are doing so well over here with the vaccination programme we have running.

Yes, I`ll be positive with September until I`m not.......lol.......it`s not the end of the world if we don`t get. i`m happier knowing we`re healthy and hopefully will stay that way.

Orlando isn`t going anywhere anytime soon. And thankfully I have a lot of friends at the hotels there, who keep in touch with us regularly.....so that`s always lovely. It`s like having a little toe dipped in all the time.

I will do an update on this thread soon......

But, gonna need another name........::yes::

Hello!! Looking forward to your update! Glad you are doing well!!

Hey Kathy......yes, doing good in spite of everything.....

I do hope you and yours are doing well too.....yes, I will update, although not really any surprises there.....good to see you :wave2:

Well time for an update that isn`t really an update.......but always nice to check in with you lovely folks.

Travel wise, no changes here. America is still closed to us right now and we aren`t free to travel anyway as we are still in lockdown. And lockdown is getting to so many people who are beginning to struggle. Friends that were doing ok are now beginning to wonder when things will change.

We`re all ok........we`re really just waiting on the airline cancelling the May flights, as soon as they`re cancelled we can get our money back and soon as flights are released for May 22, we`ll get them booked too........always look forward.

Who knows if September and Nov/Dec will happen. By then maybe borders will be open and the vast majority of us will be vaccinated.....sure hope so. According to estimates Tom and I should be vaccinated by mid May at the latest, but of course who knows.

I`m following some of America and Canada`s progress through friends and what`s being reported, although a lot of news you take with a pinch of salt. But, positivity is definitely on the up. And as I do believe with all my heart, as long as we`re healthy vacations can wait. Orlando isn`t going anywhere.

It`s coming up to almost a year since all this jumped up and kicked us in the face. It seems much longer at times..........a years ago I developed a cough like I`ve never had before and then lost all sense of taste and smell.....it was so early on they still hadn`t said those were classic symptoms. I was lucky, I had a mild version.

Since then I`ve had two family members have had covid. One is a front line nurse who is still recovering, and the other although recovering has struggled massively to get to this point and months down the line may finally be returning to work.

Like so many folks, there have been so many worries for family members this last year, and we are still dealing with hospitalisations for other illnesses too. And of course, we can`t go visit.

Knowing I have close relatives who are ill but can`t go visit is hard. Knowing I don`t know when I`ll be allowed to go visit my mum and my other family members is hard. Not knowing when this will end is hard.

But, so many are all in the same boat. So many that can`t see family members due to distance, being in other countries or them being in care facilities is cruel.

I hope we see an end to this soon, and I think we are hopefully seeing that light at the end of the tunnel......I`m amazed I`ve kept so upbeat through all of this, but we`re doing fine. Travel will come back.

It`s always lovely to catch up with all of us on here and hoping wherever your little corner of the world is, you`re doing well. There are so many variances between regions never mind countries, but I really do hope everyone is healthy and looking forward to seeing big changes later in the year........I do miss doing trip reports terribly and catching up with everyone too......

I will need to start a new trip report when I have something to write about......lol.....who knows when that will be.......I do know May won`t be happening this year for certain. I`ll be running out of trip report titles soon......::yes:: I will keep this one open till I do start a new one though........hope you keep checking in.......

So, again, hope you`re all doing well wherever you are and hopefully some of you have some travel plans soon.....I hope you enjoy your vacations......and for those of us who can`t.......it`ll be soon.........:wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter