MAYBE A MAY TRIP?? 3 WEEKS SAPPHIRE FALLS 2021

Lot of unknowns for you now
:hug:

But when the countries open up, you will be booking the flights!
And make it a 4 week trip!

Well, September is almost a month and only a 2 week trip in Nov/Dec.......but will need to make May 22 as long as we can since we missed so much......

One of my godchildren is planning to get married sometime then and we have to go to that wedding....I`m trying to convince them June is better.......lol......they`re not up for it.....

Yes, too many unknowns right now to plan anything.......

No No No!!!!!! I can’t believe it’s been so long since you and Tom were in Orlando! I was watching Disney sunrises on Disney plus this morning and reading your update and tears welled up. I am a little hormonal but I like everyone am so ready for some resemblance of normal. That means you all in Orlando 3 or 4 times a year so I can live vicariously through you between my yearly trips.

I hope they start doing better getting the vaccine out to everyone. I’ve had mine but not the rest of the family, but we are healthy and thankful. Thanks so much for the update.

Who knows if September and Nov/Dec will happen. By then maybe borders will be open and the vast majority of us will be vaccinated.....sure hope so. According to estimates Tom and I should be vaccinated by mid May at the latest, but of course who knows.

Ugh. I'm so sorry that May isn't in the cards for you this year. I actually thought that the UK was doing much better in terms of vaccinations and that you would be able to travel in spring...so sad for you. I know it's more important that you are healthy and doing ok otherwise...but yeah...sad for sure. It's good that you'll get the vaccine soon, probably sooner than us over here. Canada is doing terribly with the vaccine rollout. They keep promising that "in the next few weeks" it's going to ramp up...but then inevitably something gets in the way of that and the finger pointing over whose fault it is starts up. Ugh.

Knowing I have close relatives who are ill but can`t go visit is hard. Knowing I don`t know when I`ll be allowed to go visit my mum and my other family members is hard. Not knowing when this will end is hard.

It really stinks. I think like you said, the not knowing part is the absolute worst. Although I would not be surprised if a lot of scientists knew from this time last year that this would go on a long time...but the politicians wouldn't let them spread the word!! I'm not sure if I would have wanted to know back then either when we thought, oh in a few months this will blow over...sigh!

No No No!!!!!! I can’t believe it’s been so long since you and Tom were in Orlando! I was watching Disney sunrises on Disney plus this morning and reading your update and tears welled up. I am a little hormonal but I like everyone am so ready for some resemblance of normal. That means you all in Orlando 3 or 4 times a year so I can live vicariously through you between my yearly trips.

I hope they start doing better getting the vaccine out to everyone. I’ve had mine but not the rest of the family, but we are healthy and thankful. Thanks so much for the update.

Thank you Minnie......that means a lot. And glad to hear you`ve had your vaccine.....always good to hear as many as possible being vaccinated. And especially glad to hear you`re all healthy, that`s the main thing. Oh being hormonal is never fun....I think I`m finally over all that......thankfully.

Yes, normal would be nice......lovely even! It does feel like such a long time since we`ve been there, but we are so full of positivity it stinks at times.......lol......it takes a lot to get us down.......and like so many, Covid won`t defeat us, and I`m so glad we keep in touch with several folks at the hotel and parks. It reminds us of what we have to look forward to in seeing them all again. I do miss the friends we`ve made.

So good to see you Minnie......keep well and always look forward to seeing your posts.......:wave2:

Ugh. I'm so sorry that May isn't in the cards for you this year. I actually thought that the UK was doing much better in terms of vaccinations and that you would be able to travel in spring...so sad for you. I know it's more important that you are healthy and doing ok otherwise...but yeah...sad for sure. It's good that you'll get the vaccine soon, probably sooner than us over here. Canada is doing terribly with the vaccine rollout. They keep promising that "in the next few weeks" it's going to ramp up...but then inevitably something gets in the way of that and the finger pointing over whose fault it is starts up. Ugh.

It really stinks. I think like you said, the not knowing part is the absolute worst. Although I would not be surprised if a lot of scientists knew from this time last year that this would go on a long time...but the politicians wouldn't let them spread the word!! I'm not sure if I would have wanted to know back then either when we thought, oh in a few months this will blow over...sigh!

I think in terms of vaccinating, we are doing amazingly well over here. The programme is a huge success and we will be done quicker than expected a few months back. But, we could be vaccinated and all healthy, as long as the borders are still closed and several other factors, it just means no flying for us. The May trip we`re ok with losing. It does seem a little soon for us to stay in our comfort zone and not face over 9 hours on a plane.

Such a shame Canada isn`t doing better with the vaccine. It`s one of those countries we always expect it to be leading the way forward, not lagging behind and that`s such a shame as I know we have a lot of Canadians on the boards that travel or want to travel to Florida. Hopefully they`ll pick up soon and once it starts to kick in you`ll see a massive difference.

I think they knew this wasn`t going to be over in a few months. Heck this time last year we were still thinking we`d be ok for May last year......and in no doubt whatsoever the later trips would happen. Yes, I agree, I think most people would have preferred the truth, however hard to hear for us.......

Keeping positive has been the key for us for sure.........whatever they hit at us, we swipe right back. But, sadly, for some coping has been so difficult for many reasons. Many are watching their children struggle to cope, lonely relatives and it`s all heartbreaking.

But, I`m happy to see you and surely, please....we`ll have something to celebrate soon.......hope all is well with you where you are too...... :wave2:

This has been such a hard year all way around for so many people. Having to cancel your trips has been a disappointment. You are positive happy people and you will be back in Orlando before you know it. The Florida sunshine will be waiting for you.

I’am with you being on a airplane for 9 hours would be a bit worrisome until things are a bit better.

You always find such nice places to visit and eat on your trips here. I’am sure like myself many who have read your trip reports have benefited from your exploration finds here in Florida.

I always enjoy your trip reports and the beautiful pictures.

I was watching Disney sunrises on Disney plus this morning
disney sunrises? Is this a series? One i’ve Obviously missed on that platform. Do tell, please :)
we are so full of positivity it stinks at times
Haha if the tag fairy ever does re-appear

Stay just the way you are, the world needs far more of that attitude

This has been such a hard year all way around for so many people. Having to cancel your trips has been a disappointment. You are positive happy people and you will be back in Orlando before you know it. The Florida sunshine will be waiting for you.

I’am with you being on a airplane for 9 hours would be a bit worrisome until things are a bit better.

You always find such nice places to visit and eat on your trips here. I’am sure like myself many who have read your trip reports have benefited from your exploration finds here in Florida.

I always enjoy your trip reports and the beautiful pictures.

Thank you Robo.......and I agree, like I said earlier, keeping positive has been the key and we have an awful lot to be thankful for. Travel will be back.

We do love to get out and about and explore for sure, and have discovered some very beautiful places over the years, and I`m always glad someone finds it useful, so thank you again, you know how much I enjoy doing the Trip Reports.....I do miss doing them, there are some lovely people read and comment along the way which is always lovely.

disney sunrises? Is this a series? One i’ve Obviously missed on that platform. Do tell, please :)

Haha if the tag fairy ever does re-appear

Stay just the way you are, the world needs far more of that attitude

Thanks Janet, you know me.....I don`t let anything or anyone get me down, however much they may try........lol....yes, the tag fairy would have been all over that line......haha.....

I tend not to notice avatars and tags much, but the tag fairy gave me the roodie doodie tag after a unique conversation on an early trip report about fanny packs and the UK.......:rotfl:

Somehow I didn't get an alert that there was a new post(s) on this thread?

Yes, Orlando will always be there. And your family is the Glass Half Full type of people!!
The next time you come to the US it will be super special :lovestruc

I didn`t get an alert to a thread I was following a few days ago either. I think there`s a few things need sorted on the boards right now.

We absolutely are.......nothing gets us down for long, it`s just not in our nature to be defeatist....... :) Yes, we`ll get back when it`s right. I`m hoping at some point after April to be able to get up to Scotland to see my mum and family. It`s been too long.

Looking back I noticed it`ll be two years next month since we first met up in Strong Water Bar!

Cannot believe it`s only been two years...... but, in a good way......lol......:wave2:

lol......love it.........and another....with cocktails........🍸🍹

i-qgNnGBS-X2.jpg

Yes, it was such a fun night........::yes::

:flower:I’m missing your trip reports as well Carole!!!! Can’t wait for you to return to Universal and then share your experiences with all of us here on the Dis Boards. And yes...... Canada is not doing a very good job with the vaccine roll out. Very frustrating. We are hoping to return 2022 with trips to RPR and Disney. Fingers crossed 🤞.
Brenda

:flower:I’m missing your trip reports as well Carole!!!! Can’t wait for you to return to Universal and then share your experiences with all of us here on the Dis Boards. And yes...... Canada is not doing a very good job with the vaccine roll out. Very frustrating. We are hoping to return 2022 with trips to RPR and Disney. Fingers crossed 🤞.
Brenda

I am so happy to see you Brenda!

Oh I will keep my fingers crossed for you in 2022 to get back to Orlando. And Canada will for sure to be at the forefront of the programme. They have to be, I can imagine the frustration. yes, we are hoping for September, but fully prepared again for it to not happen. And yes, it`ll be all the sweeter when we do get back.....Tom says I`ll just be in floods of tears from happiness the moment I get on the plane......lol.....he`s not wrong!

It is so good to see you and hope all is well with you and yours in your little corner of the world......although you could never call Canada small I guess!! :wave2:

Hi there! Classic lurker here who has decided to come out of the woodwork and say hello 👋. I've been enjoying your trip reports for years. I saw you checking in at RPR in Sept 2019 and wanted to say hello but thought that might be a bit creepy lol. Anyway, I was thinking about that and marvelling about how long it's been since that we were in that normal, happy world. My son is in the military and we haven't seen him since Christmas 2019. He's in New Brunswick and we are in Manitoba, Canada. We may as well be on different planets. We're hoping to have a reunion at Universal/Disney in mid-December when he and his girlfriend (also military) get leave. I'm banking on all of us (husband, daughter, and the military kids) being vaccinated and borders being open. Of course, none of that will matter if there is still a mandatory quarantine period. Only two of us are able to work from home. I've been okay until now but the long winter and lockdowns are starting to take a toll. I want you to know that your optimism and cheerfulness do a lot to lift my spirits. Thx!!!!

Travel wise, no changes here. America is still closed to us right now and we aren`t free to travel anyway as we are still in lockdown. And lockdown is getting to so many people who are beginning to struggle. Friends that were doing ok are now beginning to wonder when things will change.
Who knows if September and Nov/Dec will happen. By then maybe borders will be open and the vast majority of us will be vaccinated.....sure hope so. According to estimates Tom and I should be vaccinated by mid May at the latest, but of course who knows.
I am so sorry that your trip in May will be cancelled too :sad: It really is heartbreaking. We should have been in Florida 2 weeks ago to go to Daytona and do a couple of Disney and Universal days as well. I had figured that we wouldn't be doing those one. BUT, I was secretly crossing my fingers to do a cheap last minute trip to a tropical destination the end of March beginning of April. Well, more travel restrictions happened. :sad: Oh well.

Our vaccinations would actually roll out pretty smoothly, if only they could get shipments in. At least we are now FINALLY getting vaccine into the country in large numbers, so hopefully if they can roll it out fast, our general population will now be able to start being vaccinated. I know my dad has already received his, but that is only because he works at a long term care facility. Even though my Mom actually had covid, she is still should get her vaccination. Hopefully soon in her province, she will be able to get hers too. She is a pretty tough cookie, and in great health, but the more protection she can get, the better. The FIL and his wife, will hopefully get theirs soon as well, then we can visit more with them.

As for mental health and the restrictions. I notice the mental health of both DS is getting VERY low. We still can not mingle with anyone indoors with other households, but can be outside up to 10 people. Our older DS has met with friends outside to sit around a fire and his mental health improved by 1000x once he started that. The younger DS is going to classes yet, but only doing that and nothing else outside of school, has been affecting him. Hopefully now that our numbers are trending down, soon more restrictions will be lifted and he can hang with friends doing other things. He is not a social butterfly, but would still like to hang out and do things that teenagers do. I feel very strongly that the mental health affects of all this will be felt for a VERY long time after all this is said and done will be dealt with for MANY MANY years.

My gut is telling me that 2022 will be a different story for travelling. If vaccines roll out in the US, Canada and Europe as they plan, we will be travelling with more ease again. Right now I am researching and planning for different scenarios of trips that probably won't happen :rotfl:But it's fun to dream...right!!!!!

So many of us can't wait to travel again. I guess right now we need to be thankful for our health, and the ability to be able to afford to travel :flower:

Hi there! Classic lurker here who has decided to come out of the woodwork and say hello 👋. I've been enjoying your trip reports for years. I saw you checking in at RPR in Sept 2019 and wanted to say hello but thought that might be a bit creepy lol. Anyway, I was thinking about that and marvelling about how long it's been since that we were in that normal, happy world. My son is in the military and we haven't seen him since Christmas 2019. He's in New Brunswick and we are in Manitoba, Canada. We may as well be on different planets. We're hoping to have a reunion at Universal/Disney in mid-December when he and his girlfriend (also military) get leave. I'm banking on all of us (husband, daughter, and the military kids) being vaccinated and borders being open. Of course, none of that will matter if there is still a mandatory quarantine period. Only two of us are able to work from home. I've been okay until now but the long winter and lockdowns are starting to take a toll. I want you to know that your optimism and cheerfulness do a lot to lift my spirits. Thx!!!!

:welcome: along boogienights......fabulous name!!

Classic lurkers are always welcomed.........I`m so happy you joined in.

I loved reading your post, and yes.....we would have loved you have said hello when you saw us.......I do know what you mean though, but we are so used to people saying hello when they see us, and it`s always lovely.

Oh you must be so proud of your son and his girlfriend too, both in such amazing careers. But, that is such a long time to not see your boy......it`s such a sacrifice for all concerned. I will keep everything crossed you get your trip this year, what a lovely reunion you will have then.

Yes, surely by then borders will be open and I do think the vaccination programme should be almost flawless by then. I did have to check the map to see exactly where Manitoba is....my geography is shameful! That is quite the distance to New Brunswick......I did know where that was.....lol.......that`s got to be so hard.

And winters and lockdown have been so much worse for others than they have for us, I can hear so many feel it more now, despite it hopefully having that silver lining coming up. We have very little to complain of, so we try to think positive all the time....doesn`t always work with not being able to see my family and our friends both local and up in Scotland. But, we won`t be defeated.......:)

Again, good to see you stop by.......as soon as I know when our next trip will be, I`ll have a new pre trip report going before I can blink.......:laughing: And don`t be a stranger.....we`re a friendly bunch here.......:wave2:

I am so sorry that your trip in May will be cancelled too :sad: It really is heartbreaking. We should have been in Florida 2 weeks ago to go to Daytona and do a couple of Disney and Universal days as well. I had figured that we wouldn't be doing those one. BUT, I was secretly crossing my fingers to do a cheap last minute trip to a tropical destination the end of March beginning of April. Well, more travel restrictions happened. :sad: Oh well.

Our vaccinations would actually roll out pretty smoothly, if only they could get shipments in. At least we are now FINALLY getting vaccine into the country in large numbers, so hopefully if they can roll it out fast, our general population will now be able to start being vaccinated. I know my dad has already received his, but that is only because he works at a long term care facility. Even though my Mom actually had covid, she is still should get her vaccination. Hopefully soon in her province, she will be able to get hers too. She is a pretty tough cookie, and in great health, but the more protection she can get, the better. The FIL and his wife, will hopefully get theirs soon as well, then we can visit more with them.

As for mental health and the restrictions. I notice the mental health of both DS is getting VERY low. We still can not mingle with anyone indoors with other households, but can be outside up to 10 people. Our older DS has met with friends outside to sit around a fire and his mental health improved by 1000x once he started that. The younger DS is going to classes yet, but only doing that and nothing else outside of school, has been affecting him. Hopefully now that our numbers are trending down, soon more restrictions will be lifted and he can hang with friends doing other things. He is not a social butterfly, but would still like to hang out and do things that teenagers do. I feel very strongly that the mental health affects of all this will be felt for a VERY long time after all this is said and done will be dealt with for MANY MANY years.

My gut is telling me that 2022 will be a different story for travelling. If vaccines roll out in the US, Canada and Europe as they plan, we will be travelling with more ease again. Right now I am researching and planning for different scenarios of trips that probably won't happen :rotfl:But it's fun to dream...right!!!!!

So many of us can't wait to travel again. I guess right now we need to be thankful for our health, and the ability to be able to afford to travel :flower:

Hey Pumpkin.......

Oh that`s not fun to think you should have been there recently.....it is so unfair on so many people, who all deserve a trip.

Glad to hear your vaccination programme is kicking in, and you`ll be relieved to get both sets of parents done. I know I was glad when my mum got hers. Yes, being able to visit will be wonderful for your family.

Mental health is certainly a concern for so many. For young people it does seem to be hitting harder. Kids are struggling in some areas for sure. It`s not natural to be so insular. I hope when we do start to blend back together that they all just fall back as they were. I know Kyle is doing ok generally, but he is missing that work environment and the social side of work too, I think they all are.

I do think 2022 will be completely different.....but, no one wants to wait that long......lol......patience has never been an emotion I was gifted with.......oh yes, we are always plotting and planning.....menu`s are still being studied and thinking what we`d have.......we`re easily pleased.......

Good health is priceless, and yes, the vacations we take are not what everyone can do.......we do have a lot to be thankful for....... :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter