Mousekeeping

You should have had full service on day 4 at T&T on day 8. And trash removal everyday.

My dues just went up nearly 10% , a big part to go towards the housekeeping $15 an hour wage increase being phased in. They already said more big dues rises likely coming to continue that path.

The housekeepers on $15 an hour are some of the best paid in the world. Go to Europe even expensive capital cities and the average housekeeper earns about $11 an hour (London for example), and very few people leave tips.

Cleaning up bad mess is unfortunately what they have to do. I leave my place very tidy, treating it the same or better than my house. They have minimal work in my unit. If I left it a mess I would tip, but I’m not paying for others that leave a mess, I pay enough in dues.

As a result I feel no need to tip an untipped position. If you wish to do so great, but I get kind of tired of tipping evangelicalism.

Say it again for people in the back!!!

We got home yesterday after a week in a 2-BR at BWV. I called to report missing items (as I do every trip), as well as to have maintenance come look at BOTH bathroom sink faucets. One of them was missing the aerator, so when turning on the faucet the water sprayed everywhere. In the other sink, the hot water side was barely a trickle.

I am sure that Housekeeping, if doing their job before we checked in includes cleaning both sinks, knew that these sinks were not working yet did not report to Maintenance. I guess Housekeeping expects the guest to report non-working items. I am not tipping for this kind of "service."

On a positive note, Maintenance showed up within 10 minutes of my call, as did someone with the missing items....
Housekeeping is a non-tipped position. I don’t think anyone is suggesting you tip someone for your maintenance issue. Tipping is a way of sharing your appreciation for a service. For instance I don’t have to tip my Uber driver but if their car is clean and they don’t talk too much and take a quick efficient route and handle my luggage, I’m happy to offer them a tip.

With the speed that maintenance responded to your aerator emergency, could it be that housekeeping noted the issue but maintenance didn’t have time to address as they are busy prioritizing guests calls? I don’t think it’s fair to assume housekeeping wasn’t doing their job. You don’t know their procedures.

With the speed that maintenance responded to your aerator emergency, could it be that housekeeping noted the issue but maintenance didn’t have time to address as they are busy prioritizing guests calls? I don’t think it’s fair to assume housekeeping wasn’t doing their job. You don’t know their procedures.

I don't think housekeeping is managed to report issues like they should be. They are the ones in the rooms, using the faucets, showers etc. And there's nothing I've seen that suggest a bonafide system for them to report issues.

My favorite was arriving at VGC and not being able to get into the room because the handle set/lock were loose and about to fall off. Housekeeping was actually still on the floor - we had been waiting for the notification that the room was ready and went up right away when receiving it. I asked the first housekeeper we saw for assistance who thought the housekeeper who serviced our room was still there and went and found them. "Oh yes! I was going to report that to maintenance but forgot." :sad2: And I am not exaggerating in the slightest about it being about ready to fall off. Maintenance? They were there within 10 minutes when notified.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter