My mom makes/made the best.............................

I’m sorry, but my mom definitely wasn’t a good cook. She was born in 1933, 12 and 14 years after her older 2 sisters. My grandmother pretty much pushed her off to my grandfather, who was a truck driver and liked to hang around at the local bar. She actually hung around the bar with him. She never learned how to cook because my grandmother never taught her. I remember many a meal where I just couldn’t eat what she made and I would try to chew it and leave little globs of food around the perimeter of my plate. Just couldn’t swallow it. My mom never said anything. Needless to say I never learned how to cook either but fortunately I married a man whose mother grew up on a farm and knew all about cooking and he did too. I would say I’m a pretty good cook after be t married for almost 40 years.

My mom was not a good cook at all. Convenience meals were her forte and unfortunately we ate a lot of hamburger helper growing up. But she was a busy woman with raising my sister and I, being active duty in the Air Force and getting 4 college degrees. As much as I miss my mama, I can’t think of one thing she made that I miss.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter