My mom makes/made the best.............................

wait till ya all retire and have a afternoon happy hour or coffee doughnut morning group....
Well, I am newly retired (July). The pandemic has kind of killed the chances of that happening anytime soon.

Well, I am newly retired (July). The pandemic has kind of killed the chances of that happening anytime soon.
well....then you need to move to Jeffersonian country.....oh wait...they are out of water and on fire north of you....because here on the border...it is pure Jeffersonian. more snakes in the sky then on daylight ground and , not proven factually, waiting for an intern...Yuma county where I live has a street that has more doughnut opportunities than any other city that is not a major metro like NYC...I know we have more doughnut shops on one street than harbor street.

well....then you need to move to Jeffersonian country.....oh wait...they are out of water and on fire north of you....because here on the border...it is pure Jeffersonian. more snakes in the sky then on daylight ground and , not proven factually, waiting for an intern...Yuma county where I live has a street that has more doughnut opportunities than any other city that is not a major metro like NYC...I know we have more doughnut shops on one street than harbor street.
Well, I did see a photo of the fire damaged area in Jeffersonian Country, and a Trump flag survived the flames.

Too many to name. A very good cook, which still causes me to often not be able to appreciate many restaurant offerings, as they are just not as good as what I was used to.

One specialty was Christmas cookies. She spent up to two weeks each year making them. One or two varieties a day, depending on how time consuming they were. Each was a winner. Huge platters containing a wide variety, and none were easy. I know because I have been trying to recreate them the past two years, though not nearly as many kinds. I always looked forward to them and loved eating them, but never really appreciated all the work involved till I tried making them.

My mom makes/made the best.............................

In no particular order:
Potato salad
Rump roast (Sunday dinner with roasted potatoes & carrots)
Turkey stuffing
Gravy

Giblet gravy on Thanksgiving

Meatloaf - made in a skillet on the stove with a tomato sauce and peas & carrots spooned over mashed potatoes. No ketchup in sight.

Fourth of July dinner. Country style pork ribs on the grill with killer homemade bbq sauce. Served with rice & pineapple tidbits (we always put the bbq sauce on this, too), and corn on the cob. Dessert was always strawberry shortcake with homemade biscuits.

Coconut pie. With no recipe. I’m always in awe because I’m such a recipe follower.

One specialty was Christmas cookies. She spent up to two weeks each year making them. One or two varieties a day, depending on how time consuming they were. Each was a winner. Huge platters containing a wide variety, and none were easy. I know because I have been trying to recreate them the past two years, though not nearly as many kinds. I always looked forward to them and loved eating them, but never really appreciated all the work involved till I tried making them.

My mom did that, too. She's cut back a lot in recent years and my sister and I have taken on some of the load.

My mom makes the best potato salad. With bacon, egg, vinegar and none of the extra vegetable stuff that drags other versions down.

Banana bread.

And I'll echo other posters - reservations!

In all honesty, she's a good cook but doesn't enjoy cooking. She was 1 of 7 kids so meals growing up were mostly out of necessity and what could be made cheaply.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter