My mom makes/made the best.............................

Pot roast. I will regret for the rest of my life that I never got her recipe. It wasn’t in her recipe box when she passed away.

Pies! Her pie crust was so perfect, she would make me "pie crust cookies" by baking the trimmings, and I would devour them just as they were.

Baked beans. I remember that's what she always brought to family potlucks. She would start with canned and doctor them up into something awesome.

Meatloaf (in a frying pan on the stove with tomato sauce and peas and carrots).
Giblet gravy at Thanksgiving.
4th of July dinner: country style pork ribs with homemade bbq sauce (that was also poured over white rice with pineapple tidbits), corn on the cob, and for dessert strawberry shortcake made with mom’s biscuits.
Cottage pie which was known as “China” in my house, no idea why.
Now I miss my mom. 😢

cast iron frying cooked hamburger gravey for breakfast biscuts and gravey...ruined for life....thank goodness thanksgiving was nothing speical except for her shrimp cocktail, which was 2 pearl bay shrimp swiming in a cocktail glass of sauce.....sister, no longer improvished, fixted that tradition with the proper jumbo shrimp with slivers of cocktail sauce.

Applesauce! It wasn't really her, it was the fact that we had two Macintosh trees in our back yard. It is hard to find those in our area. I miss those trees!

I didn't find any Macintosh apples this year, but when I do I make lots of sauce. My kids would probably answer applesauce for me on this thread too! Nothing better than still warm chunky, cinnamon-y apple sauce!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter