My Tinkerbell Altered ATG Gun ~ Princess added 6/5/12

OMG - I :love::love::love: it! You did a great job.

Rhonda

Thanks Rhonda :goodvibes

A lot of my crafting friends think I'm nuts :rotfl: I will smile every time I use it. I saw so many great altered ATGs I just knew I wouldn't be satisfied with my boring red one any more.

That's not crazy is it??:rolleyes1

You are so sweet :goodvibes

It wouldn't pay to do them and sell them....although I do have plenty of extra paint :rotfl: I will help talk you through decorating your own. Once I got the courage up it really did go well.

Plus I have the satisfaction of knowing I did it all by myself. DH was not involved beyond one helpful suggestion to sand the sides of the stand. It is not made of the highest quality wood but it is very sturdy. (Thank goodness he wasn't around for the cover reveal...I may have heard about my tape job...I had plenty of words for myself :rolleyes:)

Ready to start yours now? ;)

I would so love to but I might have to wait till December when I go to the US cause I have yet to find one in Canada and all the places that sell them in the US either don't ship to Canada or it costs an arm and a leg.

Where do you guys get these guns? Is there a store out there that sells them or is it all mail order?

I can't wait to get one of these as I already use a ton of tape.;)

I will probably do a Disney theme as well....Thank you so much for sharing this.

My scraproom is green so maybe I will do about the same colour as you did but more of a Disney theme and not all Tinkerbell.

I am so impressed. You rock.

I would so love to but I might have to wait till December when I go to the US cause I have yet to find one in Canada and all the places that sell them in the US either don't ship to Canada or it costs an arm and a leg.

Where do you guys get these guns? Is there a store out there that sells them or is it all mail order?

I can't wait to get one of these as I already use a ton of tape.;)

I will probably do a Disney theme as well....Thank you so much for sharing this.

My scraproom is green so maybe I will do about the same colour as you did but more of a Disney theme and not all Tinkerbell.

I am so impressed. You rock.

Thanks! Post #11 gives my sources. Maybe you can send an email to Framing Supplies to see how much shipping would be to you in Canada. They don't state that they won't ship to Canada.

The tape savings is really outstanding. The tape is great too. It holds chipboard and heavier embellishments just great. Keep in mind you have about three seconds to change your mind and move things around :eek:

There are great general Disney rub-ons out there. As you can tell I really like green. To be honest I've never been a Tinkerbell person but I loved the combination of the stickers and the color. She is growing on my now :goodvibes

My craft room is TOTALLY Disney with Don 'Ducky' Williams framed prints on every wall and two Star Wars Mickey Big Figs on top of some scrapbook cubes.

Here is my Disney/AGT rub-on collection before I started. As you can see I can probably decorate 2 more guns ;)

moretools-2-1.jpg

It will be fun to see other Disney themed ATG guns :goodvibes

This is one of my Sterlite drawers and my ATG gun painted. I even have the big 3 drawer Sterlite painted in a light pink color also. DF thinks I am crazy to decorate storage containers. He does like that I have kept our craft room cleaner since I painted them.
c9f36877.jpg

This is one of my Sterlite drawers and my ATG gun painted. I even have the big 3 drawer Sterlite painted in a light pink color also. DF thinks I am crazy to decorate storage containers. He does like that I have kept our craft room cleaner since I painted them.

You have done a fantastic job! I like how you have the middle part pink too. You must be someone who has serious taping skills!

Those drawers are adorable!! I totally understand the need to alter. Are you going to add rub-ons to your gun? It looks great like it is too :goodvibes

I love your gun! It will give you such joy using it - my gaudy rhinestone-encrusted one is truly over the top, but I love it and it makes me smile. (And it makes others question my taste and sanity...but tough noogies.) :rotfl2: I do have a back-up ATG (currently in a nekkid state!) and may try that pearly paint on that one - it is very pretty.

Lovely job! I never thought to look online for a stand - you are so clever to have coordinated the two. My ATG hangs on a pegboard just inches away from my scrap desk - it is important to have a handy place to put it within easy reach.

I love your gun! It will give you such joy using it - my gaudy rhinestone-encrusted one is truly over the top, but I love it and it makes me smile. (And it makes others question my taste and sanity...but tough noogies.) :rotfl2: I do have a back-up ATG (currently in a nekkid state!) and may try that pearly paint on that one - it is very pretty.

Lovely job! I never thought to look online for a stand - you are so clever to have coordinated the two. My ATG hangs on a pegboard just inches away from my scrap desk - it is important to have a handy place to put it within easy reach.

Thanks for the reply. I know my friends think I'm nuts for decorating a tool. I bet your rhinestone ATG is great. Did you post a picture of it?

The stand was really nice. I saw it on a scrapbook board and did a google search.

We won't loose our guns at a crop :woohoo:

Post #30 in this thread shows the photos of mine. The glare will blind ya' so beware!

(At the recent CKC, I had my ATG on the table in front of me during the classes, and the instructors actually stopped the class(es) and made me hold it up, saying they couldn't take their eyes off of it. Gulp.) Danica's is much more tasteful - but I went for the bling!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2367002&highlight=altered+atg

Post #30 in this thread shows the photos of mine. The glare will blind ya' so beware!

(At the recent CKC, I had my ATG on the table in front of me during the classes, and the instructors actually stopped the class(es) and made me hold it up, saying they couldn't take their eyes off of it. Gulp.) Danica's is much more tasteful - but I went for the bling!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2367002&highlight=altered+atg

I LOVE it!!! You even made a pattern with your bling! I am not that artistic. I agonized over rub-on placement.

I also love your DH comment about having scrapbook supplies to decorate your scrapbook supplies. Isn't that the truth? Doesn't everyone?

So far I don't feel the need to go after my Cricut :laughing: Thanks for sharing the link. I'm sure others would love to take a look at your 'precious'!

TK

This is beautiful!!!! Can I pay you to alter mine, lol. If I had the time I would alter mine too but I'm a full time student and I work an 8-5 job so there is no time for much scrapping sadly. Great job though!

Yay another summer project!! Really an amazing job!

This is beautiful!!!! Can I pay you to alter mine, lol. If I had the time I would alter mine too but I'm a full time student and I work an 8-5 job so there is no time for much scrapping sadly. Great job though!

LOL! Did you see my tape job? You don't want me messing up your ATG :rotfl: Hopefully you will find some time soon to scrap and alter your ATG.

Looks great! I had the same problems you did with bubbling and the paint getting on the clear part - I may try PineSol and see if it still works!

I really want to work on the one that is still plain, but we'll see if I get around to it.

My favorite part is the Hidden Mickey :teeth:

great idea! I used to do framing proffesionally and often thought how great the guns would be for scrapbooking. Too cool that you girls are using them for that. The tape is way less than most and you have better control. The only drawback is the size of the gun, and the fact that the tip is exposed when you pack it in a bag to go to a crop. 3M needs to make a cover for the tip. :)

Now you have me thinking I need one too....lol

Looks great! I had the same problems you did with bubbling and the paint getting on the clear part - I may try PineSol and see if it still works!

I really want to work on the one that is still plain, but we'll see if I get around to it.

My favorite part is the Hidden Mickey :teeth:

Let me know if the Pine Sol works for you. DH came home that night and wondered if I had cleaned the bathrooms. Now that was funny!

One of my friends asked me what's a 'hidden Mickey'! :rotfl: OBVIOUSLY her education is sorely lacking! I've got to tell you that was one of my favorite parts of the design too! :goodvibes

great idea! I used to do framing proffesionally and often thought how great the guns would be for scrapbooking. Too cool that you girls are using them for that. The tape is way less than most and you have better control. The only drawback is the size of the gun, and the fact that the tip is exposed when you pack it in a bag to go to a crop. 3M needs to make a cover for the tip. :)

Now you have me thinking I need one too....lol

Yes my friend you "NEED" one! I was a bit put off by the size of my tool but once I started using it it was very easy to maneuver and put the tape in the correct spot. I did have an issue of where to put the hunker when I wasn't using it. That is one reason I got the stand (plus I had seen a couple of them altered on line and 'needed' one too)

I think I am going to try and find some clear thick plastic to protect where the gun rests at the top and bottom of the stand. Anyone have any ideas?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter