Mythos Update

MIB999999

<font color=purple>MIB Fantastic Four sensei<br><f
1: The wait staff now have name tags that actually have their real name on it and the town and state from which they hail. I guess the names of the gods and Mt. Olympus was over the heads of some tourons.

Favorite wait staff of this frequent mythos diner are: Keirin, Lori, Joseph, Katy.

2: 11/23 started a thru christmas rissoto, of spinach, rissoto, pine nuts. Pressed chicken breasts rolled with asparagus and red pepper in a baked tomato sauce. The WHTIE chicken with the GREEN and RED make for a Christmas color type of presentation.
For dessert Sue has created a pumpkin cheescake with a dark choclate drizzel and a carmel drizzel. REALLY GOOD.

it has also been reported that more and more people are eating at mythos due to posts they have seen on this board. They will mention they saw MYTHOS on the board and had to try it.

The place was packed and the vip room was opened to accomodate the crowd 11/23:smooth:

I'm red, white, and green with jealousy.

I think I'm gonna have to go an a juice fast to get ready for a Mythos pig-out when I get down there.

The pumpkin cheesecake sound delicious! Its nice to see word of mouth has opened the eyes of some that may not have tried this gem, however...thats enough now MIB9's....we dont want to have to wait! Just kidding:)

let me konw next time you come down for Mythos and i will stop in and talk to jeff so you do not have to wait:bounce: :smooth:

I think all this free advertisement deserves a discount! (and don't think I won't ask!)

Yes, I thing the "names" were lost on most people. Even dumb me, who studied Greek mythology for years, thought it was sooooo cool that the waiters had names that matched the atmosphere.
:tongue:

Are they doing anything special for Grinchmas this year? I remember going last year and they had a special menu for the kids.

Also, what are the hours for this place? We called Universal yesterday and were told that Mythos was open until 5:00. We got there at 4:00 and the doors were locked! This seems to happen frequently with Mythos and makes planning a nice dinner nearly impossible. :mad:

with the park hours 9-6 i would not make plans for MYTHOS past 3:00pm. if the crowds are slim and no after hours function booked they will close at 3:30. they did so on 11/25.

:smooth:

Ok. Are they doing the 'Grinchmas' menu for the kids this year? I seem to remember it being about $7 per kid and was a pretty good deal. They also had a miniature 'whoville' set up in the restaurant.

i will have to check on the kids menu 12/2. no sign of a whoville inside as of 11/25 though. IMHO it aint going to happen. to many people moved around and confisco closed. to may irons in the fire and no one knows who is suppose to do what. IT IS STATUS QUO TIME BABY. :smooth:

confisco's closed at the same time as thunder falls terrace, and triceratops discovery trail. :smooth:

Yes, the whoville/grinch display is up. The pastry department put it together sunday after the restaraunt had closed.

As far as the grinch kids menu/special, we are working it. Susan's working on a green rice krispy treat desert, and chef mark is working on an apple jack coated chicken finger dis hfor the kids.

One thing is for sure: Mythos never adheres to the status quo. Just look at the menu and the very design of the restaraunt. It's unlike any other restaraunt. With so much capital, time and effort invested in it, we're at least partially imune to any ill effects.

Originally posted by TheSecondCook
Yes, the whoville/grinch display is up. The pastry department put it together sunday after the restaraunt had closed.

As far as the grinch kids menu/special, we are working it. Susan's working on a green rice krispy treat desert, and chef mark is working on an apple jack coated chicken finger dis hfor the kids.

One thing is for sure: Mythos never adheres to the status quo. Just look at the menu and the very design of the restaraunt. It's unlike any other restaraunt. With so much capital, time and effort invested in it, we're at least partially imune to any ill effects.

Secondcook you never cease to amaze me, and i eat there all the time. I will see you 12/2 and you can tell me i told you so!!! :smooth:

Our $75.00 lunch at this restaurant was very disappointing. My husband ordered med. rare and got burnt to a crisp. We were one of the first people there, not very busy at all and it took so long to get our food, we did not want to send it back and wait for something else. The rest of us (myself and 3 children) had very average food and small portions. For a restuarant that comes so highly rated, we were not impressed.

Thanks SecondCook! We'll have to come check it out soon. Do you think the kids menu will be in place by this Sunday (12/2)?

Secondcook,
What are they doing for NYE?
We have eaten there three times in the last two months & it's the best food & service I've had in a while! I can't wait to go back for some more rissotto!

Originally posted by phototec
Our $75.00 lunch at this restaurant was very disappointing. My husband ordered med. rare and got burnt to a crisp. We were one of the first people there, not very busy at all and it took so long to get our food, we did not want to send it back and wait for something else. The rest of us (myself and 3 children) had very average food and small portions. For a restuarant that comes so highly rated, we were not impressed.

I eat at MYTHOS at least once a week and small portions has never been an issue. The burgers are huge, the pizza fills the plate. I am no small guy and i can not eat appitizer, main course and dessert at one sitting. I must choose two of the three.

I do not want to be rude but are you sure you were actually at MYTHOS and it was not just a nightmare from the food at some citywalk place????

Your experience is so far from any experience i have had from my first to the one i just had 12/2. I am sorry for your experience but believe me it was a blue moon experience. unlikely to happen again in our lifetime!!!! :smooth:

I am quite sure it was Mythos - too bad it was a blue moon. I would much rather have eaten at "one of those City Walk places" such as The Hard Rock Cafe where I had an excellent meal, excellent servi ce, wonderful atmosphere and reasonable prices. Maybe since you are a regular you get better treatment and food.

I knew it MIB9's...you bribe the chefs and staff with cinnamon rolls dont ya?;)

That really is too bad you didnt have a decent meal there phototec... it certainly can happen at any restaurant. Nobody has a perfect track record. Thankfully my experiences with MYTHOS have always been sterling and I cant wait till my next trip to eat there again. :)

I have eaten at Mythos, and it was good, but it wasn't as good as you make it out to be. But I'm sure we were there on an off day, seeing as there was hardly anybody there.

I don't remember what I had, but I remember that my mom had some kind of pork with plantain sauce, and she didn't like it. The truth to be told about that though, is that were so used to middle class McDonalds & French fries, that it probably was good, and she wasn't used to having something that different. I do remember that what I had was a sandwhich, bacon and chicken I think, even though it's ordinary, they fixed it up to be pretty fancy, and I loved it.

When we go back to IOA though, I think were going to stick to our usuall spot at Thunder Falls Terrace and watch the boats drop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter