• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

NBA at Walt Disney World

That is the plan. The teams will consolidate to Grand Floridian and Gran Destino after this first round of eliminations. Grand Floridian will clear out after the next round. As of now Yacht is scheduled to open to guests 8/24 and Grand Floridian 9/21. Always subject to change.

While I know that GF is not opening to the public until 9/21....I find myself wondering if the remaining GF team will soon be moved over to GDT...it seems kind of silly to keep the wall up and have all the security measures in place for the GF for one team. But, then again, maybe they wouldn't want to move the team if they expect that they will be eliminated within the next week anyway. I guess I see both sides of it.

https://itsgame7.com/nba-ratings-in-free-fall-after-brief-boycott/
So, NASCAR did win the day over the NBA after the boycott...that's probably not a good sign for viewership...

If I'm reading the story correctly, that's a pretty misleading headline. It says in the story that, "All in all, this year’s NBA Playoff ratings continue to be down 20 percent from last year." At the beginning of the story, it compares a game from this year to one at roughly the same time last year, and the ratings difference is only 17 percent.

If I'm reading the story correctly, that's a pretty misleading headline. It says in the story that, "All in all, this year’s NBA Playoff ratings continue to be down 20 percent from last year." At the beginning of the story, it compares a game from this year to one at roughly the same time last year, and the ratings difference is only 17 percent.

You also have to consider that the likewise playoff games last year that they compare against happened in April/May as opposed to August/September when many viewers might be out enjoying the remainder of summer after being cooped up indoors for so long.

You also have to consider that the likewise playoff games last year that they compare against happened in April/May as opposed to August/September when many viewers might be out enjoying the remainder of summer after being cooped up indoors for so long.
Yes but that doesn't explain why the NHL ratings are up. It should be the same for the NHL too.

Yes but that doesn't explain why the NHL ratings are up. It should be the same for the NHL too.

What time are NHL games airing? NBA games have had 1:30pm and 3:30pm air times up until the current games. If the NHL is focused on evening games after people are done work for the day - that may well be the difference. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Dunno. Different fan bases and demos? It's hard to compare apples to apples here. NHL too did a boycott of games similar to NBA so why would one fan-base stop watching due to not liking social justice initiatives/messaging but not the other?

You also have to take into consideration that NHL ratings, while maybe up, are a fraction of NBA ratings. NHL on NBC has been averaging around 500-600k viewers, well below the 2-3 million viewers that NBA games have been getting.

What time are NHL games airing? NBA games have had 1:30pm and 3:30pm air times up until the current games. If the NHL is focused on evening games after people are done work for the day - that may well be the difference. 🤷🏻‍♀️
Til this round they had games from 1pm on. Now with only 8 teams left they are at 7pm and 10pm

Dunno. Different fan bases and demos? It's hard to compare apples to apples here. NHL too did a boycott of games similar to NBA so why would one fan-base stop watching due to not liking social justice initiatives/messaging but not the other?

You also have to take into consideration that NHL ratings, while maybe up, are a fraction of NBA ratings. NHL on NBC has been averaging around 500-600k viewers, well below the 2-3 million viewers that NBA games have been getting.
Maybe more Americans are getting into hockey now. All is know is game 1 between Boston and Tampa drew 1.1 million viewers

I know most of the Bruins games during the week have been evenings. The one I remember that was in the afternoon was originally supposed to be 8pm the night before, but the game before it went into a million overtimes (or so it felt).

The NHL games have still had some afternoon starts. Game 4 of the Lightning-Bruins series was a Noon start on Saturday. But as stated above, now with less teams the start times are more at peak watching time, but that’s just starting now. Any data that’s available would include the earlier series that had afternoon games included.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter