New BLT direct incentives!

Oof this throws a wrench into my plans...

One of the choices in my dilemma is between BLT and VGC, both resale.

There's an offer I have right now for $175 @ BLT Resale for 160 Points--Front loaded with 320 Points (Banked from 2020 + 2021)

But mayyybe I can just go direct again with this new offer but for less points to fit my budget.

Current Budget: $30k

Resale Deal for 160pts @ $175 : $28000
Direct Deal 125pts @ $231 = $28875

For the resale, I won't be able to use the 2020 points so I can rent them off; however, the deal may take awhile and I'm guessing I'd lose the ability to rent them out easily with the booking windows closing in.

For direct, I can bank the 125 and upgrade myself from my current reservation at AKV and rent off my AKV points. I can also purchase BLT direct using a credit card and I would get cash back equivalent to about $1350 so if that's factored in, that's close to an additional $11 off per point.

What would you guys do in this situation?
Direct.
You will get your points immediately and can bank 2021 possibly.
Is this your first DVC contract?

Here's a question for the collective: do they really have that many points sitting in the bank ready to offer these great incentives to a significant number of buyers, or did they just pick a resort that they know is popular, and that will gin up some interest, but not really "cost" them that much because they aren't going to be selling a huge volume of points at this lower price?

I just don't see Disney offering a great deal on a limited number of available points at a single resort as the harbinger of the downfall of resale pricing. I DO see them ROFR'ing a few extra points recently to build up some inventory to do a "door-buster" type offering at one sold-out resort, possibly to build interest in offering VGF2. I could see them picking another sold out resort down the road and doing the same thing.

Last edited:
Now I regret buying by BLT resale for $155 last year. Oh wells. Can’t win them all.

I bought VGC resale in the 150s in 2020, which was a crazy low at the time. I don't even like BLT, and have no use for a Blue Card, and $197 direct maybe would have been persuasive to me over that.

Now I REALLY need to see VGF2 pricing. These are great incentives. For me, BLT has a lot going for it with it's shorter walking distance to MK, better point chart, and the balanced variety of accommodations. The future squeeze on VGF1's 1-2 BRs is a concern of mine. I fully planned to add on with VGF2, but this is definitely making me reconsider that assumption...

Is the BLT deal at $197 per point for any number of points? I thought I saw someone say it was for 300 points, so wasn’t sure if you had to buy 300 to get that pricing?

Now I REALLY need to see VGF2 pricing. These are great incentives. For me, BLT has a lot going for it with it's shorter walking distance to MK, better point chart, and the balanced variety of accommodations. The future squeeze on VGF1's 1-2 BRs is a concern of mine. I fully planned to add on with VGF2, but this is definitely making me reconsider that assumption...

You and me both! My thoughts exactly!

I think Disney is running a racket. They buy just low enough, but not too low to destroy the market. But re release them direct with crazy incentives and resale restrictions to destroy the resale market. It’s brilliant

But they've always just kept going up, up, up like resale. Maybe with some small blips here and there, but still keeping the $70-ish spread on resale.

The Aulani firesale, the recent BW sale, and now this one are big outliers. IMO, Disney doesn't want long term to sell a product for $197 they just bought in the 180s and 170s. This is an overall plan to bring down pricing, which I don't think they've done before. They never really had a reason to. It's risky because they are taking a big hit on what those BLT points were worth a few days ago on the open market. Wow.

Maybe RIV sitting shows that pricing overall finally got too high. That never really stopped Disney before in general, but this is a HUGE and aggressive price strategy adjustment IMO.

Yes!! Btw, what’s with your massive signature 🤣

CAN resale adjust down, or is Disney going to keep a high floor on ROFR and just be comfortable with a smaller margin when they flip those contracts?

This price drop adds about $.50 on BLT direct, making BLT direct competitive with the best values in current resale pricing. Resale has to adjust down. Buyers know the BLT price and will know the VGF2 price. I can't see VGF2 opening at $275 when BLT is at $197.

https://www.dvcresalemarket.com/blog/best-economical-dvc-resorts-to-purchase-fall-2021/

This price drop adds about $.50 on BLT direct, making BLT direct competitive with the best values in current resale pricing. Resale has to adjust down. Buyers know the BLT price and will know the VGF2 price. I can't see VGF2 opening at $275 when BLT is at $197.

https://www.dvcresalemarket.com/blog/best-economical-dvc-resorts-to-purchase-fall-2021/

Do you think I should try going lowering my offer for that resale contract and perhaps cite the decrease going direct?

What is the price on less than 300 points? Or is there any place I can see the announcement details? Sorry if this is a dumb question and I’m just blind.

But the majority of people on these boards speculating on the VGF2 cost have consistently guessed the price would be somewhere in line with Aulani and Riviera (possibly somewhere between $210-$225). Only a small handful of outliers have tried to promote the idea that it will be up in the $275 range.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter