New BLT direct incentives!

Yes, if you buy 1000 points direct all at once, you would qualify. No different than buying 300 or 500. Breaking them into smaller contracts is not an issue, just more closing costs.
In the past, though, didn't at least one contract have to equal the minimum number of points required to received a specific discount? In other words, to get the 300 point pricing, while seeking to buy 1,000 points, at least one contract has to be for 300 points and the rest can be whatever? That still leaves you with one big-@$% contract to hold on to or try to resell.

Maybe you can buy 1,000 points, but tell them you have 15 grandkids, so it needs to be split evenly into 66.6 point contracts.
Me: I need to split up these contracts for my 15 grandkids.

My guide: Sir, how old are you?

Me: 32.

My guide:
anigif_enhanced-503-1581364533-14.gif

I'm sure Vero2 was in the DVC discussions about where to go now. Buy some hotel on the beach, voila points! Other than flipping old hotel rooms, it's the cheapest way to get more points for Disney to sell. Instead, they firesaled Aulani for $133, which impacted all of us and the value of our points.

DVC's interests don't match ours, and I'd imagine Vero2 is still on the table. Or selling Vero, now that DVC isn't making money off of selling it.
I think building massive “cheap” resorts like SSR and Aulani with 25+ million points into the system devalued ALL of our points.

In the past, though, didn't at least one contract have to equal the minimum number of points required to received a specific discount? In other words, to get the 300 point pricing, while seeking to buy 1,000 points, at least one contract has to be for 300 points and the rest can be whatever? That still leaves you with one big-@$% contract to hold or try to resell.
Not sure about the past but not currently. Of course new members have the 150 point minimum which cannot be broken into small contracts.

BLT, similar location, monorail resort, cheaper point chart, similar dues, they've just created a direct competitor to VGF2..... I don't know why?
I think they are just setting the market. There's zero chance a sold-out resort with at most an available point inventory in the tens of thousands (you'll never convince me that Disney is sitting on very many points at such a popular sold out resort) is going to compete for very long with a resort coming online with 2 million points. And, they aren't going to be bleeding profit selling a relatively tiny number of points at a limited-time discount.

I think they are just setting the market. There's zero chance a sold-out resort with at most an available point inventory in the tens of thousands (you'll never convince me that Disney is sitting on very many points at such a popular sold out resort) is going to compete for very long with a resort coming online with 2 million points.
Even if it takes away 20,000 points, don't know why you would do that

BLT, similar location, monorail resort, cheaper point chart, similar dues, they've just created a direct competitor to VGF2..... I don't know why?
Totally confused with this as well. The only thing I can guess is that maybe they won't announce VGF2 pricing until March 3rd (after this incentive expires)? Pick BLT- OR- pass on it for whatever VGF2 price hides behind Door #2??

Last edited:
Totally confused with this as well. The only thing I can guess is that maybe they won't announce VGF2 pricing until March 3rd (after this incentive expires)? Pick BLT- OR- pass on it for whatever VGF@ price hides behind Door #2??
See above...

Totally confused with this as well. The only thing I can guess is that maybe they won't announce VGF2 pricing until March 3rd (after this incentive expires)? Pick BLT- OR- pass on it for whatever VGF@ price hides behind Door #2??

This has got to be it. And BLT's chart makes the properties they are actually trying to sell -- RIV and VGF -- look massively expensive. Poly is in line with RIV/VGF costs, so maybe that news is what is coming next? They just ROFRed Poly in the 170s and 180s.

What's behind Door #2!!!

Some of us are old enough to remember when auto dealership ads came in the newspaper. Every Friday, you'd find page after page of dealerships offering cars at ridiculously low prices. If you looked closely, you'd see that they included the VIN number for the car: because that was the one and only car on the entire lot that was even remotely close to that price point (so no false advertising). When you actually got to the lot at 8:01 the next morning, the car was already gone, but they had plenty of "similarly equipped" cars that they were happy to sell you. They didn't "lose" any money on the deal and the price of their cars in general didn't suffer.

Do you get the incentive pricing if you buy multiple smaller contracts?

Like could I buy 10 100 point contracts and get the 1,000 point incentive, then sell 8 of them on the resale market?
Yes LOL! I just got "the call" and did ask that question. Minimum buy in for members is 100 and you can split it up. I was asking about three 100 points contracts.

BLT 300 points is $59,100 @ $48 discount per point. Incentives end March 3. AKV is $50,700 for 300 points remains the same and also ends March 3. I asked if that is the date VGF2 pricing will be revealed and my guide did not know, but said it likely will be a "spring" announcement.

This is probably old news but I thought I would post as I have a reliable, veteran guide.

One other point that needs to be taken into account: Disney is mere days or weeks away from having several million points available to them to sell, at a previously sold-out Monorail resort. They weren't ROFR'ing BLT in an effort to get points because they had nothing to sell. They were likely doing it just to build up some limited inventory for this "special offering".

This has got to be it. And BLT's chart makes the properties they are actually trying to sell -- RIV and VGF -- look massively expensive. Poly is in line with RIV/VGF costs, so maybe that news is what is coming next? They just ROFRed Poly in the 170s and 180s.

What's behind Door #2!!!

So happy I closed on Poly in January at $160pp.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter