new camper yeah!!

cyndilou01

Mouseketeer
Going camping in May for 8 nights and we just bought a new camper today. Look out Mickey here we come...

Yes, we will definetly be breaking it in Disney Style, I know have to call and change the size to make sure my site will be large enough....

Here the scoop. We bought a prowler 27H, it is a 2002 model, it has a slide out, WOW what a difference a slide out makes. We have always had a camper first time for a slide. Now I know it is the only way to go...lot of living space.. We shopped for a week and went to many dealers and saw hundreds of campers...
Here;s the secret if you can find an auction house in your area by all means go... We have saved $5,000 ( five thousand) by using a auction house. the trailer we are buying is a repo model. th people that bought it I guess could not afford the payments. the papers to the stove and refrig. are still taped to the inside they were never used.
The auction house has plenty of Mobile homes but we did not want to spend that much.

Cindy

When are you going in May? We are going May 31 for 8 days. Our entire family. It is 6 families in all. Looking forward to a great time.

we have same make, just a tad bit longer with bunks in the back, i have to agree on the slide, what a difference it makes, we have actually slept 10 people in ours at one time,

Man, there is nothing like a new camper! We got a 21 foot KIWI last year and what a difference over our old pop up! I am getting the itch - guess it's time to clean up for the season!

:bounce:

CONGRATS ON THE NEW RIG! only problem now is that every other campground will not live up to FW.....:bounce:

Congratulations on the new setup. You must be excited. Enjoy Disney! I know you will.

I have to ask you, since we are in Florida and looking for a TT. Where is the auction house you got your TT at? If you want to PM or email me any details thats fine to. I had posted my situation a little further down if you want to check out the details.

I appreciate any info you can throw my way.

Thanks
Gone Disney

I live in Jacksonville, and that is where the auction house is on the westside of town.
we have a 24 ft jayco now, and are buying the 27 ft with a slide.
The auction house had tons of Motor homes and what you do is go in and make an offer they will call the bank and the bank can either except or reject the offer. then you go back and make a counter offer.
I think you can call a larger bank and ask them that if a camper or motor home was repoed, or went in bankrupt. where would it be taken then that is where you will need to go...

We will be going to Disney the week of May 9 - 17... I am already packing...

now we have to sell our old camper.... anyone in Jacksonvill looking for a camper I have a nice one for sell.

Happy Camping

Isn't it a great feeling to know that you will start the new camping year in a new (or in my case, a newer than what we had) camper. We purchased a newer camper last fall and got to use it once before having to store it for the winter. The itch to go is getting stronger each day, but this New England weather just will not co-operate. Looks like our first trip of the season will be for Memorial day, which seems so far in the future. Hope you will enjoy your new rig as much as we do ours.

Thanks Waldo,
we are now taking the stuff out of the old camper and trying to figure out where all the stuff will go in the new camper since the floor plan and layout are so different. But this will be fun.... May 9th will be here sooner than we think and we have so much to do in one month to be ready. but I am so excited... I almost forgot to call ft. wilderness and tell them that our camper had changed. that would have been bad if our camper would not have fit the site they gave us....

I am so excited and camping season is here....

cindy

awesome! my family just got a new one too..but were breaking ours in, in july at fort wilderness..new campers rock!

OOOH, I am jealous! I love Ft. Wilderness and have only been in a pop-up or the cabins unless it was fall then a tent would do. What a coincidence (I'm from Jacksonville, too!) I'd take you up on that camper but our neighborhood makes you store them somewhere else. That would give my DH a fit! Have fun.. we are going end of July and first week of Aug, but resort hopping this time Swan, BWV, VWL. I'll be at FW for Hoop de doo, though..bringing some first timers!

Stay cool!:smooth:

Well, I am still trying to decide where everything is going to go in the new camper. going to walmart tomorrow to see if I can find something to put some shelves in the bottom of the Big closet in the bathroom. It has no shelves it was designed for all hang up close...If any of you have used anything for shelves let me know. but almost got things the way I like it... I am so excited...
calling tomorrow to make ressies for the hoop de doo ...

Happy Camping

Cindy

16 more days and we are FW bound. I am getting so excited. I went out and took a nap in the new camper on Sunday. Tried out the new bed. It is much firmer than the old one will take some getting use to....

Tried to use the new codes for cheaper rates but they seem to be the same as the last code "AEG" for the month of May. $49 a day does that sound lik a good rate?

I am trying to get campsites for Thanksgiving as well. I can get the day before Thanksgiving and the week after but not Thanksgiving day. CRO said to just keep calling back when it gets closer that I probably will be able to get it. Has anyone been at FW during that time.

We are chomping at the bit with our "new" camper, too! And trying to figure out where to put things. Can't start with Disney though - we're going in December.

Every weekend we don't have obligations, its cold. wah wah wah

Micki, the cry baby (and jealous of that finished countdown clock!:D )

went out and took a nap in the new camper on Sunday. Tried out the new bed. It is much firmer than the old one will take some getting use to....

Get yourself to wally world and get an egg crate, it is well worth the money, we have them on all the beds in the trailer.

Good Idea Scott about the egg crate mattress... always looking for a reason to go to the local Wal mart super store...

funny this camper is so much bigger than our other one and it does not look like all of it will fit in the new camper... guess we will have to decide what is the most important.

Here's a suggestion for quick shelves in your closet. Buy one of those plastic shoe organizers..it hangs from the clothes bar and has 5 or 6 collapsible cubbies/shelves. You can pick one up at Walmart for around $10.00.

This is what we use on our boat to make the most of our closet space . We fold our clothes and stack them in the shelves and it works well for us.

http://www.containerstore.com/browse/Product.jhtml?CATID=152&PRODID=64320
Here's a really nice one at the Container Store for $20.00

-L

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter