New DDP 2018 Changes! Post your actual experiences

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we had four people in our party using Deluxe plan. Three adults and one child. The server only allowed us to order two small plates OR one shareable plate. The small plates consist of the egg rolls, pot stickers, etc... it’s the first group listed on the menu. The shareable is the second group listed. Can’t remember what it consisted of. Maybe the dim sum platter?

We used Table credits for each person. The server was adamant that we couldn’t get four appetizers. The reason was because they really weren’t a Disney Restaurant (Landry’s obviously).

When we were at Yak and Yeti on 1/19 everyone at the table could get an appetizer, but if we wanted the shareable (i.e. tuna nachos) that counted towards two people's appetizer.

Today at Kona Cafe the Lapu Lapu was NOT an option, neither the beer flight.

All other cocktails and beers were included. We don't drink wine so not sure about them.

Wow that's a change since I was there last week. The Lapu Lapu was a hard no (didn't even give option for a glass like others have reported) but they certainly allowed the beer flight. I wonder if we got lucky or if the restaurant changed their policy?

Wow that's a change since I was there last week. The Lapu Lapu was a hard no (didn't even give option for a glass like others have reported) but they certainly allowed the beer flight. I wonder if we got lucky or if the restaurant changed their policy?

For clarification, OHANA is the one that has reportedly allowed the Lapu Lapu in a glass. Not sure why they would and Kona wouldn't, but again EVERY restaurant gets to decide what they will offer.

For clarification, OHANA is the one that has reportedly allowed the Lapu Lapu in a glass. Not sure why they would and Kona wouldn't, but again EVERY restaurant gets to decide what they will offer.

I guess I should've further clarified as well. We went to Ohana a few days after Kona. When the server first approached she gave a drink menu and said, "you can get anything except the one in the pineapple." Seeing as how we were just told no on Lapu Lapu at Kona a few days prior, I didn't ask whether we could get it in the glass. I just assumed their policy had changed since the previous reports.

On the menu I posted from Flying Fish, there were wines up to $21 included. Has that changed; did they lower the threshold?

They reportedly have a new menu (which brings back the leek fondue w/red wine sauce!!), so they may have taken the opportunity to adjust their alcoholic offerings while the menus were being reprinted.

We had lunch yesterday at Raglan Road....again, all cocktails and beers were included. As previously reported, flights are not included and some Scotch whiskey are not included either but they let you know in advance.

We had a similar experience at Yachtsman Steakhouse at dinner, all beers and cocktails were included. The wines that were not included were clearly marked.

Do you recall the adult beverage options at Ohana for Breakfast? Was it just mimosa and bloody mary?
I didn’t order one, but they had 4 alcoholic drinks on a display on each table. I know it included lapu lapu as well but don’t remember the 4th drink

We had an issue at Satuli Canteen with a kids meal. They said my son couldn’t get a specialty drink. I argued with them, and eventually got my way, but the CM clearly made it known this was an exception. I still disagree and think they need better training.

We had an issue at Satuli Canteen with a kids meal. They said my son couldn’t get a specialty drink. I argued with them, and eventually got my way, but the CM clearly made it known this was an exception. I still disagree and think they need better training.
Which specialty drink were you trying to get for your son? We have tweens and teens on qs and really wondering if there will be any specialty drinks for them

If I am understanding correctly, I can use one qs credit at value resort food court to order a breakfast platter with a smoothy counted as the specialty beverage?

Anyone know if you can get a beer at the dessert parties instead of the fruity themed cocktails? Specifically we are planning to go to the star wars party, but wondering if it is an option at any of them.

Just returned from our 1st Disney Vacation and we were on the DDP. We were told by our servers at all TS meals that alcohol was included. I opted for draft beer at most locations and my husband had girly drinks! My kids had virgin daiquiris at Ohanas. My children ate off the Adult menu at all QS locations and I shared my meal with my DD4 at most QS to stretch our credits. Our last meal was at D-Luxe Burger. I was told shakes were not included as a drink on the dining plan but we could use a snack credit. Seeing I had just used all my Snack Credits at the Goofy Candy Store I asked if I could convert my QS credit for 3 milkshakes and pay for my DD4 kids meal separate. They said I could but then they ended up just giving me 3 Burgers, 3 Shakes, Fries, and a Kids meal for my last 4 QS credits. We felt the DDP was a great value for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter