New Jersey DVC Members Group

What part of NJ are you from?

• Total voters
I don't know what the part is called just know we need a new one...Thanks for sharing that you are happy with your whole house generator. Yes we lost power during Sandy, just seems to be happening to often lately. We have PSEG not sure how they compare to your provider. Our repairman said to contact them and try to make a claim. I have been pretty busy today, will try tomorrow.

Thanks for the reply Ms. Minnie!

Just read this article complaining about JCP&L's poor performance. And to give you an idea of how they compare, here's a quote from the mayor of a town that has both providers serving different sections of the town:

Robbinsville Mayor Dave Fried laid into JCP&L, which serves more than a million New Jerseyans, comparing the utility company to , PSE&G, which serves roughly double the amount of customers in the state.

“It is such a difference in the way the two utility companies operate,” Fried told NJ Advance Media. “Frankly, it’s like watching the little league team playing the Yankees. [PSEG] tells me where they’re going to be, they tell me what they’re doing, they coordinate with my police department… JCP&L we don’t hear from them until we start yelling.”

https://www.nj.com/news/2020/08/nj-...e-to-tropical-storm-isaias-power-outages.html

I have to say, I was less than thrilled losing power for 4 days (when we lost it for 8 during Sandy), but PSE&G's text updates were helpful, and I saw their trucks everywhere in the days following the storm. Really appreciate that they were able to get us up and running - especially since apparently 1.4 M residents lost power.

Sorry I’m late to the discussion. Been a bit distracted lately.
It’s weird, we actually never lost power during the storm... but the other day we had hard rain overnight and our power went out at around 5:30am... PSE&G had it back up by 2, which was good. The day of the storm, we lost our gazebo thing we had around our hot tub. That was the only real damage, thankfully.

Spent the day at Lake Hopatcong on Monday. When I was little, we had a boat there, along with family members, so it was a really special place for us to go on the weekends. It was so weird being back, but it was still just as beautiful. Felt like old times. Anyone go there?

Hope you are all well. 🙂

Oh, that’s a lot of things going on. Glad no one was hurt. It was something strong to tear down your gazebo!!

I did go to Lake Hopatcong once or twice when I was young, but I really don’t remember it. I would go up to Sussex County for camp and once or twice we stopped there along the way. It sounds like a very special place for you.

Point Pleasant is where my family would go to vacation. Jenkinson’s Pavillion, the pool, the orange aid, and the wonderful waves are my favorite family memories.

Oh, that’s a lot of things going on. Glad no one was hurt. It was something strong to tear down your gazebo!!

I did go to Lake Hopatcong once or twice when I was young, but I really don’t remember it. I would go up to Sussex County for camp and once or twice we stopped there along the way. It sounds like a very special place for you.

Point Pleasant is where my family would go to vacation. Jenkinson’s Pavillion, the pool, the orange aid, and the wonderful waves are my favorite family memories.

That’s awesome!! Jenkinson’s was always the go-to place!!! Love the pizza and waffles & ice cream there, too!!
It’s funny, we have the shore within about an hours drive from us, but it was never really a place we went to a lot as kids (other than to go on the Boardwalk to play games!!) High School I went a lot with friends, but that was the extent of it... even now, I’ve probably only been down like 3 times in the last 10 years.

It’s weird, we actually never lost power during the storm... but the other day we had hard rain overnight and our power went out at around 5:30am... PSE&G had it back up by 2, which was good. The day of the storm, we lost our gazebo thing we had around our hot tub. That was the only real damage, thankfully.

Spent the day at Lake Hopatcong on Monday. When I was little, we had a boat there, along with family members, so it was a really special place for us to go on the weekends. It was so weird being back, but it was still just as beautiful. Felt like old times. Anyone go there?

Hope you are all well. 🙂
We too use to go to the State Park there, sometimes rent a boat to go fishing and on an occasional Sunday would take a family ride to see if we could remember how to drive around the lake. Anyone else remember Bertrands Island Amusement Park or am I dating myself?

We too use to go to the State Park there, sometimes rent a boat to go fishing and on an occasional Sunday would take a family ride to see if we could remember how to drive around the lake. Anyone else remember Bertrands Island Amusement Park or am I dating myself?

OMG yes!!!!!!! I was only in the elementary school age, but I can’t believe someone else knows of it!!!! We used to anchor our boat on the sand bar/beach area... swim for awhile, change and then walk right back to Bertrands!!!!!!! It was amazing!! We’d get SO excited when we were on that side of the lake because we knew that’s where we were going!!!! We did pass by to see it and it’s ALL huge condos now and no more sand bar. So sad. I’ll see if I took any pictures!

We were Manasquan people. A little quieter than PP. My wife’s parents retired there, about six blocks back from the beach. When they sold their house we still rented, usually the first road that ran along the beach. Our daughters grew up going there. Usually made one trip to Jenk’s but the adults would go to Seaside Park. Unfortunately have not gone in any years.

I did get one picture!!! We were tubing and you’ll see it in the background!!!!(sorry that blob is family I blacked out!)

It’s SO sad, just a wall of condos now. That whole area in front was all a beach/sandbar area

C996E965-3617-438B-BA92-D4ECB044CCF5.jpeg

OMG yes!!!!!!! I was only in the elementary school age, but I can’t believe someone else knows of it!!!! We used to anchor our boat on the sand bar/beach area... swim for awhile, change and then walk right back to Bertrands!!!!!!! It was amazing!! We’d get SO excited when we were on that side of the lake because we knew that’s where we were going!!!! We did pass by to see it and it’s ALL huge condos now and no more sand bar. So sad. I’ll see if I took any pictures!
We made family trips but also our town ran a summer recreation program and the highlight at the end of the summer was a day trip to the park. I think they actually rented the park for the day just for us.

I did get one picture!!! We were tubing and you’ll see it in the background!!!!(sorry that blob is family I blacked out!)

It’s SO sad, just a wall of condos now. That whole area in front was all a beach/sandbar area

View attachment 518110
Yes very sad. Have seen too many things disappear that I had enjoyed not only growing but even in my later years.

Hope you are all well. 🙂

That’s a beautiful area around there, I used to visit a Hardware Store that’s right on the lake when I was doing a job in Mt Arlington a few years back. 2.5 hour commute each way, not fun.:-)

I have to say, I was less than thrilled losing power for 4 days (when we lost it for 8 during Sandy), but PSE&G's text updates were helpful, and I saw their trucks everywhere in the days following the storm. Really appreciate that they were able to get us up and running - especially since apparently 1.4 M residents lost power.

Wow 4 days without power is a very long time! Sorry you had to go through that. I was having a hard time dealing with 50 hours...

Glad you now have power and hope it doesn't go out anytime soon.

I hope everyone is ok, staying safe and healthy! :tink:

Hope you are all well. 🙂

I have never been to Lake Hopatcong but it sounds like a nice place to visit. Maybe DH and I will take a drive north one of these days to check the place out. It's always nice to revisit places you used to visit as a child, usually brings back good memories.

Have a magical day everyone. pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter